PDA

View Full Version : NFL auction???

PatrickKB
01-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Last night I won the bid on a Clinton Portis signed authentic jersey item number 112579986. I asked them by email if it was a game cut jersey before I bid on it and they told me that it was. Today when I got home I had an email that said that it was back ordered. How can they put a item up for bid that they do not have in their possession? When they do send it out to me will it be game cut like the photo that I bid on or will it be a normal authentic jersey? If it is not a game cut can I get my money back even though they say all sales are final because I did not get the jersey in the photo that I bid on? I am new to this hobby has anyone else ever had a problem with nflauction.con?

stretch
01-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I no answers for you, but on the bright side, maybe you receive one with a more defined signature. This one appears to be a bit lite.

http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog4021/folder55867/img8634642.jpg

tjm5711
01-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Last night I won the bid on a Clinton Portis signed authentic jersey item number 112579986. I asked them by email if it was a game cut jersey before I bid on it and they told me that it was. Today when I got home I had an email that said that it was back ordered. How can they put a item up for bid that they do not have in their possession? When they do send it out to me will it be game cut like the photo that I bid on or will it be a normal authentic jersey? If it is not a game cut can I get my money back even though they say all sales are final because I did not get the jersey in the photo that I bid on? I am new to this hobby has anyone else ever had a problem with nflauction.con?

That is the standard e-mail everybody gets. I have bought several items from NFL Auctions, and my order confirmations always say that. It's basically a form letter. Scott Miller, and Pete Quaglirino, are the two main guys who run NFL Auctions, and their desks are in the NFL's main office in New York City. Their items are distributed by the Hibbert Group in Trenton, NJ. So don't worry, everyone gets that on their order confirmation e-mails which are sent by the Hibbert Group.

tjm5711
01-06-2010, 12:30 AM
It is also my understanding and experience that the item pictured is the exact item you get. They take a individual picture of each item. It's just that one place(New York City) runs the Website, and another(New Jersey) has the physical items, and is in charge of shipping it out. I even think there is a third company that handles the Credit Card payments. So much for simple. LOL

Jules9
01-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Their items are distributed by the Hibbert Group in Trenton, NJ. So don't worry, everyone gets that on their order confirmation e-mails which are sent by the Hibbert Group.

That's funny. My mom worked for the Hibbert Group. She brought me home a couple of Super Bowl programs from the 80's and they also had mini team pennants that she brought home when I was a kid.

Mulligans
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
I assume all will work out fine....I have purchased WAY TOO MUCH from them in the last few months and they haven't missed a beat! They are not the greatest at returning E-mails, but once you own it, it arrives quickly and it is EXACTLY what they said it would be.

Just a word of advice, if you are married, you should always have the items delivered to the office!

tjm5711
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I assume all will work out fine....I have purchased WAY TOO MUCH from them in the last few months and they haven't missed a beat! They are not the greatest at returning E-mails, but once you own it, it arrives quickly and it is EXACTLY what they said it would be.

Just a word of advice, if you are married, you should always have the items delivered to the office!

Very true(though I am not married) I can imagine a wife seeing the prices a guy pays and freaking out. NFL Auctions is great, and greatly expensive at times. But, there is never any doubt that what you are getting is real. Like you, I have bought way too much from them in the last year. But I'm happy with everything purchased. And if it comes to reselling, having the NFL paperwork behind the item is the best way to go.