PDA

View Full Version : Historic Auctions Questionable items and response.

suave1477
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Hello Forum members this thread is merely food for thought on 2 particular discussions I had with Historic Auctions.

First Topic Regarding the 2 Cano Jerseys

I was curious about these 2 jereseys bcuz they are very recent jerseys that should have come from Steiner. So I called Steiner and they told me both these jerseys did originally come from them and one was sold to an overseas collector an the other one was won through an auction. My point of this topis is both were issued Steiner LOAS. Yet neither one on the auction is including the LOA and have been replaced by Lampson LOAS seems odd to me.
I asked the auction how come they are like that and they told me that was how they were given by the cosigners.
I am not holding the Auction house to be responsible for the LOAS or saying the items are fake, bcuz i do beleive they are real, i just find it strange they would have there LOA replaced from a Steiner LOA to a Lampson.

Second Topic Carl Yastrzemski Bicentennial Jersey

It states the Jersey is from 1976 but the description goes on to say it is from 1967 it even goes as far as saying this jersey is from his Triple Crown MVP Season. Which its is obvious its not. So I asked Historic Auctions about this and they said it was a typo with the years in the description but it will be corrected. Thats fine!!! but when i went back and look to see if its corrected it wasnt changed it was just noted on the bottom that it was a typo!! Which its more then a typo bcuz the whole description is off and leads the bidder to think something different.
So it make me wonder why not change the description the first time to the correct description? ( THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION - they left it to still mislead potential buyers and at the same time be able to keep themselves safe by saying "Well we stated at the bottom it was a typo" )

All of this is just food for thought thats all nothing more!!
You can make your own judgements on these cases that I had with this Auction House!!