PDA

View Full Version : Boston Red Sox Throwback Uniform

platinum1
01-05-2010, 12:53 AM
What year did the Red Sox wear these Throwback Uniform?
Thanks
http://s555.photobucket.com/albums/jj473/bernie2858/redsox.jpg

RJB44
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Did you have a picture?

Mulligans
01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Without seeing a picture, they wore throwback "baggies" in Nomar's last season whenever that was?

platinum1
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah I dont understand what happend to the picture.
It was up. Ill try and put it back up.

metsbats
01-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Edgar,

Are these the jersey and is yours made by Ebbets Field flannels?

platinum1
01-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Edgar,

Are these the jersey and is yours made by Ebbets Field flannels?

The jersey looks just like that but its actually made by AIS.
I'm hoping to have the uniform by today and will post pictures of it
as soon as I get it.
Thanks for looking where did you find that picture?

metsbats
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
From the ebbets field flannel home page. I pricing out a custom jersey with them and came across this photo on their site.

Given yours is an AIS and these are ebbets field jerseys they are from a different tbtc game and year.

metsbats
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
That photo and jerseys were from 2007 to commemorate the 1967 Red Sox. I got this info directly from Ebbets Field flannels.

platinum1
01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Here we go. The uniform shows use.
The uniform can be from either of these 3 guys
Troy O'leary , Ellis Burks or Mike Lowell.
The tags from AIS are from 2000 through present and those are the only guys to wear number 25.

sox83cubs84
01-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Platinum1:

Are we sure that the jersey in the photo is the MLB Red Sox? Although AIS has made numerous TBTC and Negro league retro uniforms, they have never been allowed to place their logo on the sleeve as they are not a contracted supplier with MLB. I have yet to see an MLB-level jersey from them, pre or post-2000, with the A on the sleeve. The logo is allowed in the minors, however, as there are no uniform contractural agreements with the minors...any supplier can use a sleeve logo. My guess is this may actually be Pawtucket or a lower level Red Sox farm team uniform of the TBTC genre.

Dave M.
Chicago area

metsbats
01-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Platinum1:

Are we sure that the jersey in the photo is the MLB Red Sox? Although AIS has made numerous TBTC and Negro league retro uniforms, they have never been allowed to place their logo on the sleeve as they are not a contracted supplier with MLB. I have yet to see an MLB-level jersey from them, pre or post-2000, with the A on the sleeve. The logo is allowed in the minors, however, as there are no uniform contractural agreements with the minors...any supplier can use a sleeve logo. My guess is this may actually be Pawtucket or a lower level Red Sox farm team uniform of the TBTC genre.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave I was just going to post this same thought.

I have a NY Giants TBTC jersey made by AIS (with A on the sleeve) which was worn by a member of the minor league Norwich Navigators.

platinum1
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Dave I was just going to post this same thought.

I have a NY Giants TBTC jersey made by AIS (with A on the sleeve) which was worn by a member of the minor league Norwich Navigators.
Good to know but I did find this John Franco that has the A on the sleeve.
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=26276
That's why I think it might be from 2000 or 2001.

sox83cubs84
01-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Good to know but I did find this John Franco that has the A on the sleeve.
http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=26276
That's why I think it might be from 2000 or 2001.

This jersey was discussed on the Forum when it was up for auction way back when. It's a minor league jersey, not an MLB Franco, as AIS, though they made MLB and MiLB uniforms for the Mets in the mid-late 1990s, had no MLB contract in 1999, either (when this jersey is from).
I still believe it's a minor league uniform based on the rationale supplied earlier...AM mislabeled (and Lampson screwed up) identifying the faux Franco.

Dave M.
Chicago area

platinum1
01-08-2010, 08:02 PM
This jersey was discussed on the Forum when it was up for auction way back when. It's a minor league jersey, not an MLB Franco, as AIS, though they made MLB and MiLB uniforms for the Mets in the mid-late 1990s, had no MLB contract in 1999, either (when this jersey is from).
I still believe it's a minor league uniform based on the rationale supplied earlier...AM mislabeled (and Lampson screwed up) identifying the faux Franco.

Dave M.
Chicago area
Yes after doing some more research it does looks like the Mets jersey is a minor league jersey. Here is a picture of another one.
http://www.jimyackel.com/10MetsMLG.JPG
I'm thinking that this jersey is a minor league uniform from 1999.
Because of the logo on the sleeve. Now off to do some more research

sox83cubs84
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Yes after doing some more research it does looks like the Mets jersey is a minor league jersey. Here is a picture of another one.
http://www.jimyackel.com/10MetsMLG.JPG
I'm thinking that this jersey is a minor league uniform from 1999.
Because of the logo on the sleeve. Now off to do some more research

Yep...same jersey, road version. Nice, but still a minor league wearable.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Lokee
01-08-2010, 10:09 PM
My personal opinion is that this was worn by either the Lowell Spinners or Pawtucket Red Sox during throwback night. I have a slew of stuff come out of Lowell as they love to have 3-5 different jersey nights a year.