PDA

View Full Version : Guys, is market inundated with Arod bats???

33bird
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I mostly collect older bats and jerseys. This last weekend I was checking out Arod bats, and what I found was: They are stinking everywhere! Taube has about 40 of them, ebay has a ton-everywhere you turn there's an Arod bat. Now maybe it's that way for most the modern stars-I don't know, but I was really surprised by this. I mostly stick with the older stuff-I believe it's a better investment-due to supply and demand. AND, I think the search is half the fun. Finding a Bob Bailey 1976 Reds Bicentennial bat can take years-and when you find one-it's pretty exciting. Think I'll stick with the older stuff, but I do think Arod will probably be the all-time HR champ some day. But when he gets the record, everybody and their dog will have a game used bat of Arod!

BMH
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Well, he did order 289 bats for the 2009 season. That number does include his BP bats.

33bird
01-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Wow-and almost every one eventually ends up in the collector's hands!

gameused
01-05-2010, 01:48 AM
I think it's harder to find a unsigned Arod game used bat, then a signed bat. Most of his GU bats are autographed.

Bobby

legaleagle92481
01-05-2010, 09:45 AM
AROD is a true captialist he will sell and sign everything and anything to make a buck including bats, sunglasses, t-shirts, jerseys, hats and even jock straps. That being said his bats and jerseys will always be in high demand because he is a Yankee, has won several MVPs and will have a top 5 career stat wise and the roid thing does not really seem to be hurting his appeal probably because he manned up and admitted it and followed it up by leading his team to a World Series win that same season.

ironmanfan
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
yeah "he manned up and admitted to it" only after Selena Gomez and SI had the proof in hand..........are you kidding me???

STLHAMMER32
01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
yeah "he manned up and admitted to it" only after Selena Gomez and SI had the proof in hand..........are you kidding me???

let us not forget he was one that denied and lied numerous times. The story he gave is very suspicious and probably still not the whole truth obviously. That being said look how well the "apology/confession" worked. People no longer question the validity of what was said and how he lied numerous times about it in the first place!

A-Rod addressed the issue and most moved on even to the point of fans saying he "manned" up to it. You have to wonder why more guys don't get this advice. A-Rod was fortunate to address media when guy like Clemens looked arrogant denying use when it more than obvious the guy was guilty.

CampWest
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
let us not forget he was one that denied and lied numerous times. The story he gave is very suspicious and probably still not the whole truth obviously. That being said look how well the "apology/confession" worked. People no longer question the validity of what was said and how he lied numerous times about it in the first place!

A-Rod addressed the issue and most moved on even to the point of fans saying he "manned" up to it. You have to wonder why more guys don't get this advice. A-Rod was fortunate to address media when guy like Clemens looked arrogant denying use when it more than obvious the guy was guilty.

They should all take the Andy Pettitte route. "Yes I did, I did it for this reason. I was wrong to have justified it. I exercised bad judgement and it will never happen again. I apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the organization, major league baseball and above all else, the fans and God." - paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.

allstarsplus
01-05-2010, 03:01 PM
They should all take the Andy Pettitte route. "Yes I did, I did it for this reason. I was wrong to have justified it. I exercised bad judgement and it will never happen again. I apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the organization, major league baseball and above all else, the fans and God." - paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.

Can you imagine if Roger Clemens took that route or even Mark McGwire. Say it and move on.

I think most have forgotten and moved on for the ARod stuff too. He now has a World Series ring and his items are selling for big bucks still.

33bird
01-05-2010, 04:06 PM
That is so true-Andy Pettite had it right-confess, say it was for an injury, and move on. If only Rose, Big Mac, Sosa, Clemens, and Palmero would have followed the same route.

3arod13
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM

I agree. It's not like it's known that only 5 or 6 players used roids. Many, many players did. I wish everyone would be uncovered. Sad that only some have to be held accountable for it.

Look at McGwire. When he's back, it will start all over for him. It's not like we all don't what he did it.

Regards, Tony

STLHAMMER32
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Andy seems like a genuine person. You could see the guy was sincere and I think that really sat well with almost all fans. I have yet to hear anyone bash the guy and I don't think anyone doubted his story. Andy showed everyone how it should be handled you are 100% right.

STLHAMMER32
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I agree. It's not like it's known that only 5 or 6 players used roids. Many, many players did. I wish everyone would be uncovered. Sad that only some have to be held accountable for it.

Look at McGwire. When he's back, it will start all over for him. It's not like we all don't what he did it.

Regards, Tony

McGwire is a guy who I have kind of supported through this. I argue this with people who insist McGwire is a coward and handled it horribly etc etc....

Mac was one of the first accused and he was the "big name". Unlike Palmeiro who wagged his finger and stared into the eyes of congress while lying...I think Mac was advised there could be some legal issues involved and you are going to be asked who, what, where and why if you do admit to use. I truly felt that Mac was more concerned about ratting out teammates and hurting friends then his own image. By saying he was not there to talk about the past....it let us know yes it is true otherwise he would have denied it but he was not going to become the target of everyone and pressured to detail the use of friends.

It was poorly handled and worded from a PR standpoint but I feel Mac was concerned about others getting involved...guys like palmeiro stared at congress and lied, guys like Canseco ratted out his teammates who were bigger names to sell books and get back at baseball..Guys like Clemens through his friends and family under the bus even putting the blame on his wife for the drugs.....just unbelievable and selfish.

I hope Mac gets a second chance to make things right. He knows now he is not the only involved and now fans know that it was a huge problem in baseball with many involved. I hope he talks about it at least so he can gain some respect back, he deserves it in my opinion.