PDA

View Full Version : Auction House Consignment Questions - Any Help????

TriplexXxSports
01-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations as to which House is the best for consignors (legit services, reasonable fees, quick payouts, etc.)?

And, does anyone know if one of the major houses is having a 'SuperBowl' or end of football auction?

I ask because I have thought about dumping some of my gear to make room for 2010. However, I am a little weary about sending my gear out for someone else to hold, and I am also a little skeptical about these places in general. It seems that every Auction House has been criticized on here at one time or another so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions based on personal experiences with consigning items to any particular house.

Thanks in advance.

russyurk
01-02-2010, 04:57 PM
I can't speak to the quality but MEARS is having a Super Bowl auction. Consignment deadline is 1/7.

encinorick
01-02-2010, 05:09 PM
My experience with Greyflannel has been positive, timely, fair price, etc.

David
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Lelands, Robert Edward Auctions and Huggins and Scott are all legitimate places. Proven success and known to be honest and reputable.

kjjavic
01-03-2010, 09:37 AM
I highly recommend Hunts, in terms of their customer service, timely payouts, etc. They have had superbowl auctions in the past; not sure if they are this year or not. I have also had very positive experiences with Huggins and Scott and Lelands. As someone already mentioned, Mears is having a superbowl auction, and while I haven't consigned with them yet, when I have had to communicate with them about some auction purchases, their customer service rocked.

Dewey2007
01-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations as to which House is the best for consignors (legit services, reasonable fees, quick payouts, etc.)?

And, does anyone know if one of the major houses is having a 'SuperBowl' or end of football auction?

I ask because I have thought about dumping some of my gear to make room for 2010. However, I am a little weary about sending my gear out for someone else to hold, and I am also a little skeptical about these places in general. It seems that every Auction House has been criticized on here at one time or another so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions based on personal experiences with consigning items to any particular house.

Thanks in advance.

I thought I remember seeing that GUU was going to have some sort of "Superbowl Auction" too. Maybe Chris can give an update on if that's still happening or not??

I've used Mears and Huggins & Scott and both were very professional and easy to work with.

TriplexXxSports
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys.

I have been in contact with Mike over at Flannel and he has been very prompt and informative. They are not running another auction until April though and the deadline for consignments is mid Feb. That is along time to be without my gear. You really have to be trusting of these places, and I don't know if I am that trusting of anyone yet.

I was hoping to find somewhere that has an earlier auction date. I checked Mears but have yet to hear back from them. Anyone know of anything else?

MODS - Is GUU having another auction here in the near future?

TriplexXxSports
01-04-2010, 06:08 PM
I also need to add that I have been in contact with Daisy over at Hunt on numerous occasions and she has always been prompt and professional as well. I have gotten many items from them in the past and have always been pleased with their services.

My concern with them is that the listings are a little vague and the pictures could be a little more revealing. I want to maximize my viewers and I'm not confident that will happen if I chose to go with Hunt.

justinwc80
01-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I've also talked to Daisy at Hunt and agree that they are very professional and I've enjoyed the items I've won over the past couple years.