PDA

View Full Version : Question on cleats

LastingsMilledge85
01-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I was just looking at both pairs of Lastings Milledge GU cleats I bought not too long ago and stamped inside in all caps are "SAMPLE NOT FOR SALE" they are Under Armour cleats and show some use. What I'm asking is what's with the Sample message, are these actually not used? I purchased the cleats from Mead Chasky.

frikativ54
01-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I was just looking at both pairs of Lastings Milledge GU cleats I bought not too long ago and stamped inside in all caps are "SAMPLE NOT FOR SALE" they are Under Armour cleats and show some use. What I'm asking is what's with the Sample message, are these actually not used? I purchased the cleats from Mead Chasky.

Nope - I believe that sample just means they were manufactured for him. I have seen this before. But I'm not 100% sure.

LastingsMilledge85
01-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks, do you own a pair of cleats with this?

allstarsplus
01-01-2010, 08:27 PM

Very common in all the sports and especially in basketball. Don't know the origins of the tagging but when you get your first pair like that it is troubling until you find that it is commonplace.

LastingsMilledge85
01-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the help, I kind of have my doubts on the cleats and gloves I got from them as well, but at least I know now the cleats look like the real deal.

frikativ54
01-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks, do you own a pair of cleats with this?

Nope. Though I've seen enough on eBay that look very legit to know that this is a common phenomenon.

David
01-01-2010, 11:27 PM
The stamping does at least show the shoes weren't made for retail or public sale.

tbone90
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
This is common tagging for cleats made for MLB players. Especially if the cleats have some sort of personalization like the players number stiched in the heel or tongue or their name, initials or nickname stiched on them. I have ten pairs of g/u cleats from Nike, Adidas and Easton and all have something on the tongue tag similar to what yours does. Either PROMO, Sample, PR Sample, Sample or Promo Not For Sale ect.

Texstros
01-02-2010, 05:55 PM
This is common tagging for cleats made for MLB players. Especially if the cleats have some sort of personalization like the players number stiched in the heel or tongue or their name, initials or nickname stiched on them. I have ten pairs of g/u cleats from Nike, Adidas and Easton and all have something on the tongue tag similar to what yours does. Either PROMO, Sample, PR Sample, Sample or Promo Not For Sale ect.

This is correct, Sample shoes are not avail to the general public.

LastingsMilledge85
01-02-2010, 07:03 PM
So by having that stamp, it's a good indicator that the cleats are legit?

Texstros
01-02-2010, 07:05 PM
So by having that stamp, it's a good indicator that the cleats are legit?

I would say so, are they customized?

LastingsMilledge85
01-02-2010, 08:04 PM
No, they look like regular Under Armour cleats that he wore ones orange and the other are black.
http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif