PDA

View Full Version : NBA Christmas Day Jerseys?

Sonny25
01-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Are these going up for auction this year?

Kind of surprised to not see them already posted if they are.
:confused:

legaleagle92481
01-01-2010, 11:46 AM
They are MEIGRAY's website says an announcement is pending and I live in New York and the Knicks played that day and the newspaper story on the game said that the jerseys would be auctioned off.

wrestlecon
01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
The Kinicks sold the jerseys at the game. I was first in line. Lee had been sold. I bought Gallinari, Harrington and Robinson.

legaleagle92481
01-02-2010, 01:31 AM
The Kinicks sold the jerseys at the game. I was first in line. Lee had been sold. I bought Gallinari, Harrington and Robinson.
Did they sell both sets? Last year the teams playing in the game wore one jersey in the 1st half and another in the 2nd half. Barry from MEIGRAY if you are reading this can you shed some light on this? Thanks.

LEGEND33
01-02-2010, 09:48 AM
How many for the Gallinari ??? just curious

LEGEND33
01-02-2010, 09:48 AM
...how much...

mbenga28
01-02-2010, 02:11 PM
did you purchase them and received right after the game, were they unwashed?

worldchamps
01-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Meigray used to have a Finley Spurs Christmas jersey, it sold in their half off sale....does anyone remember what the original price was? I think it was either $750 or $550....but cant remember???

any help would be appreciated

Bill

rangersstars@yahoo.com

legaleagle92481
01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Meigray used to have a Finley Spurs Christmas jersey, it sold in their half off sale....does anyone remember what the original price was? I think it was either $750 or $550....but cant remember???

any help would be appreciated

Bill

rangersstars@yahoo.com

I think it was $750 and on those jerseys (ones from last season) i believe they only took a 1/3rd off.

indyred
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I think it was $750 and on those jerseys (ones from last season) i believe they only took a 1/3rd off.

I think it was $750 on MeiGray site and sold in sale for 30% off.

Then it sold on Ebay for $315. Someone got a real nice steal.

worldchamps
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
that is what i thought, i could have swore it was $750

that someone that got the deal on ebay was me :)

I wanted to buy it straight from meigray but someone beat me to it, I was really ticked off when i saw someone flipping it on ebay, but they kept relisting it, and would drop the price each time, i made an offer and they took it....yeah i ended up getting it for less than i would have it I got it from meigray.

jobathenut
01-03-2010, 05:17 AM
If you were first in line that how did the lee get sold?:)

BarryMeisel
01-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi everybody,

We will have an announcement this week regarding the auction of the NBA Christmas Day jerseys.

Stay tuned.

Thanks, Barry

legaleagle92481
01-03-2010, 12:06 PM
If you were first in line that how did the lee get sold?:)
I find this very odd because I have been to alot of games in my life and I have never seen them just sell "special" game used jerseys at a fixed price the day of the game. Sometimes I have seen them auction them off to the highest bidder at the game. You would think the Knicks especially would do that since they have so many well heeled fans at their games as the court side seats go for $1,000s per game. And last year each player wore two jerseys so why only wear one this year? And what happened to the Heat jerseys? And Robinson did not even play in the game that was when he was glued to the bench for over a month. I am interested to see Mei Gray's announcement this week.

Sonny25
01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
But the MeiGray announcement was supposed to come early last week, right?

They posted that little Christmas Day Auction info over a week ago.

Sonny25
01-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Didn't see Barry's response just now.

Nevermind my last post. Thanks!

wrestlecon
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Since I had bought tickets to the game, I recieved a generic email from the Knicks stating that they were going to wear green jerseys. It said they would be available for sale and if you were interrested, you could call a number. I have to asusme that someone bought the Lee that way. The lady at the counter had to pull the paperwork for me to purchase any. I knew Robinson wouldn't play, but go shots of him on the bench.

On another note, the hag green swingman jerseys in the gift shop that were actuallt tagged St. Patty's day.

mbenga28
01-04-2010, 11:29 AM
can you post some photos of the jerseys, and do they have the same MeiGray tagging on the jersey and paperwork that accompanies other Knicks game jerseys?

Barry can you also fill us in do the Knicks game jerseys for this season still have the inner Made In USA wash tag (like football game jerseys do), since they changed their jersey material from mesh to drifit microfiber this season? thank and Happy New Year!

NYCrulesU
01-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Wrestlecon,

Could you emailme how much you paid for the Gallinari? I would also love to see pics if you have any.

Thanks

costas
01-08-2010, 09:49 AM
will the Heat Christmas jerseys be available for auction?

dcgreg25
01-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi everybody,

We will have an announcement this week regarding the auction of the NBA Christmas Day jerseys.

Stay tuned.

Thanks, Barry

Barry, any updates on an announcement? Thanks!!!

Sonny25
01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
So it's been around 3 weeks since that little announcement & still nothing.
:confused:

BarryMeisel
01-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Sorry for the delay, everybody.
We should be ready to announce this week.

Thanks for your patience, Barry

MileHighFan
01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Announcement through MGG's Facebook...

NBA Christmas Day Game-Worn Jersey Auction # 1 will be the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers. That auction will begin tonight and will go through Thursday, February 11th. Direct link to the auction will be posted here shortly. Details on auction # 2 will also be posted here in the coming days.

mbenga28
01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
thanks, wonder how much Garnett's Christmas will go for.

MileHighFan
01-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Schedula via MeiGray.com (http://www.meigray.com)

Click HERE for a direct link to the Christmas Day Auctions. (http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/User?id=meinba&wl=51136034&type=L)

Wednesday, January 20 @ 6 PM ET through Thursday, February 11 @ 9 PM ET
Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers

Wednesday, January 27 @ 6 PM ET through Thursday, February 18 @ 9 PM ET
Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks

BarryMeisel
01-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi everybody,

Thanks to those of you who supplied the links referencing the information.

Yes, the NBA & MGG Game-Worn Authentication Program Auctions for the 2009 Christmas Day Jerseys have begun.

The jerseys worn by 5 teams, Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, and NY Knicks, will be up for auction at auction.NBA.com and meigray.com and bidding for the Celtics and Clippers jerseys has begun.

Good luck in the bidding,
Thanks, Barry

mbenga28
01-20-2010, 08:29 PM
thanks Barry, do you know why the Heat jerseys will not be auctioned off?

legaleagle92481
01-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Anybody want to guess what the Lebron and Kobe will go for? I think they will make most of the NFL auctions prices look like a bargain. If the Knicks jerseys are being auctioned how did that guy buy three of them at the game?

wrestlecon
01-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Sorry for the delay. The jerseys have MeiGray tags. I talked to the KNicks, and they only sold my 3, Lee and Chandler. Asked about the others and have had several emails stating they are working on it.

jobathenut
01-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Wow great pick up.They only sold 5 jerseys after the game and you bought 3 of them.You lucky person you.Sure would love to see pictures of these great jerseys.You should really postthem on here for us to admire.:)
Sorry for the delay. The jerseys have MeiGray tags. I talked to the KNicks, and they only sold my 3, Lee and Chandler. Asked about the others and have had several emails stating they are working on it.

Sonny25
01-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm so glad these are available.

There's a couple I got my eyes on, hopefully I don't end up spending an arm & leg.

Barry, any reason the Nuggets & Blazers aren't up for auction?
I was really hoping to get my hands on a Ty Lawson MeiGray jersey. :(

NYCrulesU
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Barry,

I sent you an email through the site. I know you responded the one time but since then I've heard back from several people. If possible, could you please take a look at my email and get back to me personally.

Thank you.

legaleagle92481
01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow great pick up.They only sold 5 jerseys after the game and you bought 3 of them.You lucky person you.Sure would love to see pictures of these great jerseys.You should really postthem on here for us to admire.:)

Its funny because MEI Gray is auctioning the ones he claims to have bought.

NYCrulesU
01-28-2010, 11:34 PM

Where? Do you have a link. I searched for the Christmas Day Gallinari. Came up empty.

NYCrulesU
01-28-2010, 11:37 PM

Nevermind, I see them on NBA.com Are you sure there weren't two sets. I see a lot of jerseys sold by Meigray as 1st half and 2nd half sets of two. He could have purchased one of the sets of each of those three players.

legaleagle92481
01-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Nevermind, I see them on NBA.com Are you sure there weren't two sets. I see a lot of jerseys sold by Meigray as 1st half and 2nd half sets of two. He could have purchased one of the sets of each of those three players.

They have other auctions on there that notate jerseys worn for 1/2 the game on Christmas. MEI Gray is not NFL Auctions they clearly describe everything and last year they also auctioned both jerseys when there were two.

NYCrulesU
01-29-2010, 01:52 AM
I understand. I was just looking to give him the benefit of doubt. It doesn't look good though.

mbenga28
02-11-2010, 09:06 PM
anyone here win any Celtics jerseys?

sportscentury
02-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Didn't win any, but tried for a few of them -- Who is going for the Cavs, Lakers, and Knicks Christmas Day jerseys? They end tomorrow night.

legaleagle92481
02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Didn't win any, but tried for a few of them -- Who is going for the Cavs, Lakers, and Knicks Christmas Day jerseys? They end tomorrow night.

I am going to pass on the Knicks there are so many Knicks jerseys on the market and none of the players are that great, even David Lee is far, far from a superstar. And yes this is coming from a Knicks fan. The Cavs except for Lebron and Shaq have alot of mediorce players on their roster but if JTNBAFAN does not go for those two maybe I will but there is no point bidding against him. The Lakers are another story most of those jerseys I would love to have.

Sonny25
02-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I was really disappointed that the Nuggets & Blazers jerseys didn't go up for auction.
A bunch of guys on both teams that I was interested in.

There's still a couple non superstar players I may go after on the Knicks & Cavs, but I may just focus on some of the all-star stuff instread.

game jersey
02-17-2010, 11:48 PM
I was really disappointed that the Nuggets & Blazers jerseys didn't go up for auction.
A bunch of guys on both teams that I was interested in.

There's still a couple non superstar players I may go after on the Knicks & Cavs, but I may just focus on some of the all-star stuff instread.

i was able to pick this up last year...

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac266/casebreaker/ebay003.jpg

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac266/casebreaker/ebay004.jpg

sportscentury
02-18-2010, 12:13 AM
i was able to pick this up last year...

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac266/casebreaker/ebay003.jpg

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac266/casebreaker/ebay004.jpg

Very nice. Game worn or game issued?

Sonny25
02-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Ahhhhh I love B.Roy!

game jersey
02-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Very nice. Game worn or game issued?

All my jerseys are game worn, Roy was 1st half of the christmas game. i might as well show these off too

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac266/casebreaker/nate001.jpg

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac266/casebreaker/ebay008.jpg
Durant had 44 points that game, second the last home Sonics jerseys he ever wore. I think this jersey was worn more than just that game, it has lots of wear and signs of washing. All my jerseys are also photomatched from the game too.

game jersey
02-18-2010, 12:49 AM
oh yeah the durant was also worn during a double overtime game, and when i got it was SOAKED! It smelled like armpits, and even to this day it still smells...

Exquisite613
02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Hope you guys enjoyed the Christmas auction. I left everyone available except for 2 jerseys, and only got 1 out of 2. :(

nickacs
02-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Holy Schnikee's! Lebron went for over $20k :eek: That's nuts for a simple Christmas Day jersey. I could see for Finals/AS game, but geez. I like that jtnbafan got beat out at the last minute by 'digger' for it. Eh he...

But JT did clean up on most of the other stars; Kobe, Garnett, Rondo, Allen... Why this guy has bank!!

Sonny25
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Hope you guys enjoyed the Christmas auction. I left everyone available except for 2 jerseys, and only got 1 out of 2. :(

Hi there!

Are you planning going after all the all-star jerseys or just certain players? lol

Exquisite613
02-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Well I was pretty pissed about it. Where the hell did thins guy come from:mad:

Exquisite613
02-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Sonny25 - it wouldn't be right to say.

Exquisite613
02-18-2010, 11:12 PM
But I can say that Dallas was alot of fun

Sonny25
02-18-2010, 11:13 PM
That's pretty amazing.

jetersbatboy
02-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Wow Exquiste,
you must have some kind of collection!!! Maybe the more apropiate word would be museum!! Over last couple of years I have heard a lot of people complaining about the amount you spend, but what you bought must be amazing!!!! I don't collect basketball, so I could care less about your spending habits!!! Go get'm!!!!! cause if I had your bank, I'd by what ever I could!

jetersbatboy
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't have guessed you where female!! LOL

Texans
02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Well I was pretty pissed about it. Where the hell did thins guy come from:mad:

Its ok you still got the best basketball jersey collection out there

Jojo

legaleagle92481
02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
SportsCentury, you got a steal on the Shaq. I was going to bid on that one but I was out last night and figured it would go for at least 5-6k so I did not bother bidding before I left.

Exquiste, don't worry the guy who won the Lebron probably will not pay for it and it will be on Mei Gray's site in the near future. Over 20k has got to be a record for a regular season game used jersey that was only used in one game that no milestones were reached in. Tom Brady's jersey sold for several grand less and that was the first no doubt about its authenticity jersey to hit the market. So I doubt he will go through with it I think it is more likely that he was frustrated with getting outbid by you on every jersey he wanted and he just decided to keep bidding until you stopped.

Overall the prices were surprisingly reasonable except for Kobe and Lebron everything sold for less than I would have expected.

encinorick
02-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Equisite613, Texans, et al:

"Best basketball collection," sorry don't think so.

Wait my friends, wait until April. Xmas in April.

Equisite613, put some of that money in a %0 interest money market, you'll need it.

Xmas in April:rolleyes:

costas
02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
does anyone know where else I could purchase a Kevin Garnett game used jersey? I was considering the Christmas day one but was out of my price range, do his jerseys usually go for around 4,000$?

legaleagle92481
02-19-2010, 10:32 AM
does anyone know where else I could purchase a Kevin Garnett game used jersey? I was considering the Christmas day one but was out of my price range, do his jerseys usually go for around 4,000$?

Do you want a Celts or Wolves one or either? On Ebay there are two certified by UDA, his exclusive memorabilia agent for like 2,500 that he also signed. They are from his Wolves days though. A legit Celts is hard to find and the Celts have many more fans than the Wolves and they are his current team so they go for 4-5k usually.

costas
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
any would do, but I'd prefer an unsigned game used. I'm thinking of biddng on the All Star one currently on NBA Auctions, scoring 4 points but reading the thread and history the jersey might be out of my price range again.

legaleagle92481
02-19-2010, 01:32 PM
any would do, but I'd prefer an unsigned game used. I'm thinking of biddng on the All Star one currently on NBA Auctions, scoring 4 points but reading the thread and history the jersey might be out of my price range again.

There are some unsigned ones on the market with LOAs from Wolves equipment manager on Ebay and other places there is a thread about it on here just do your homework before you buy because someone can easily play the bait and switch and use the real LOA with a fake jersey.

sportscentury
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
SportsCentury, you got a steal on the Shaq. I was going to bid on that one but I was out last night and figured it would go for at least 5-6k so I did not bother bidding before I left.

Exquiste, don't worry the guy who won the Lebron probably will not pay for it and it will be on Mei Gray's site in the near future. Over 20k has got to be a record for a regular season game used jersey that was only used in one game that no milestones were reached in. Tom Brady's jersey sold for several grand less and that was the first no doubt about its authenticity jersey to hit the market. So I doubt he will go through with it I think it is more likely that he was frustrated with getting outbid by you on every jersey he wanted and he just decided to keep bidding until you stopped.

Overall the prices were surprisingly reasonable except for Kobe and Lebron everything sold for less than I would have expected.

Just got the Shaq, and photomatched it to Getty Image 95646055. It is sick.

Mulligans
02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
I ended up with 5 of the Celtics Jerseys and a Clippers and thought that they were reasonable prices? Hopefully I didn't outbid anyone! It looked like noone was bidding late as I woke up in the AM the proud new owner of 5 Celtics Jerseys and was very surprised....and broke!

Whoever was looking for KG info, I can be reached at JC@NewEnglandRealty.Net

Jeff

sportscentury
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
I ended up with 5 of the Celtics Jerseys and a Clippers and thought that they were reasonable prices? Hopefully I didn't outbid anyone! It looked like noone was bidding late as I woke up in the AM the proud new owner of 5 Celtics Jerseys and was very surprised....and broke!

Whoever was looking for KG info, I can be reached at JC@NewEnglandRealty.Net

Jeff

Which shirts did you get?

Mulligans
02-26-2010, 06:19 AM
None of the real expensive ones....Davis, Perkins, Wallace, Scalabrine, Tony Allen, Camby.:)

sportscentury
02-26-2010, 08:36 AM
None of the real expensive ones....Davis, Perkins, Wallace, Scalabrine, Tony Allen, Camby.:)

Very nice pick-ups.