PDA

View Full Version : Arod Rawlings Bats

jetersbatboy
12-31-2009, 06:29 PM
I was trying to photo match a bat and happen to come a cross these two photo of Arod swinging a Rawling bat during a game. The fun thing is one seem to be a blonde Rawlings. Figured this could just be a FYI as I have never seen this before.

BoneRubbedBat
01-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Neat pic. I was also doing research on A-Rod blonde bats and came across many photos of him using them in games. I found photos of him using Rawlings, LS, and Old Hickory blonde bats. Debunks the myth of him only using black LS bats in games and that all blonde bats are BP bats.

3arod13
01-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Neat pic. I was also doing research on A-Rod blonde bats and came across many photos of him using them in games. I found photos of him using Rawlings, LS, and Old Hickory blonde bats. Debunks the myth of him only using black LS bats in games and that all blonde bats are BP bats.

Can you post the pics that you have?

Regards, Tony

BoneRubbedBat
01-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Here are a few I kept from the photo sites

3arod13
01-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Here are a few I kept from the photo sites

Thanks for adding the pics!

Regards, Tony

Rboitano
01-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Those are all Old Hickory blonde bats. Its the blonde G174 LVS that is a BP only bat.

BoneRubbedBat
01-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I didn't save the photos of him using the blonde LS since that wasn't the focus of my research, but the photos are out there. I'll see if I can find them again. There are also photos of him using black Louisville Sluggers during BP, so i don't think anyone should generalize. We all know that his strong preference is the black LS for games. How many black LS bats are being called gamers when they are not, and how many blonde bats are being called BP bats when they are not?

Rboitano
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM
The last few years he has been signing LVS G174 as BP used. I have seen him use Blonde LVS as a Mariner.

BoneRubbedBat
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree. I don't think any of the blonde LS photos that I found were from the last few years. I am looking through them now. I found this one that I thought was interesting also.....a blonde Mizuno.

Rboitano
01-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I have seen several photos of him using a Mizuno like that, in one photo it has 14 on the knob. It looks like it may have been his team mates bat, Paul Sorrento.

Rboitano
01-01-2010, 12:37 PM
My bad, I meant 44 not 14.

earlywynnfan
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I have a blonde P72 from his Rangers' days. I asked the LV spokeslady (pre-BMH) about it, and she said that on two different occasions he played against Nomar, and both times Nomar kicked butt, so he'd order a small batch, use them in games, not play like Nomar, and give them up.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com