PDA

View Full Version : Mark Grace Cubs Fielders Glove

BIGSTIG
12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Fellow forum member tjm5711 informed me that there was a Mark Grace Cubs era fielders glove on ebay appx 4 months ago. I am not able to find anything on this as it has elapsed the period of time ebay stores listings. Anyway, if anyone has pics of this glove, or even better if anyone here won it and wants to sell, PLEASE contact me.

Thanks - Nick

tjm5711
12-30-2009, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=BIGSTIG;177283]Fellow forum member tjm5711 informed me that there was a Mark Grace Cubs era fielders glove on ebay appx 4 months ago. I am not able to find anything on this as it has elapsed the period of time ebay stores listings. Anyway, if anyone has pics of this glove, or even better if anyone here won it and wants to sell, PLEASE contact me.

Hey Nick, I just did about 15 minutes of Google and Ebay searches trying to track down some information on that glove. The best I could come up with was this link to Bob Patterson's used car dealership in illinois. I could have bought the glove outright from him for $1500. I exchanged e-mails and made him an offer through Ebay mailings. He said, I could have had it for that. I was tempted, but at that price tag I would be lucky to get 1/2 my money back without any documentation. Though I'm pretty sure it was the real deal ! I'd give him a call and try and find out who he sold it to. Contact them through Ebay or whatever information you can get from Patterson, and make them an offer. You better have some cabbage ready to fork over because they paid either $1200 or $1600 for it. I can't remember for sure, but it was well under 2K, i know that. Good Luck !

The link is :
bobpattersonautosales.com

tjm5711
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey Nick, if you ever have any extra Grace stuff you want to get rid of let me know.

Tom

email:

tjmm1172@yahoo.com

5kRunner
12-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Tom, any interest in a Grace bat?

Nick, sorry for the hijack. Hope you find your Grace glove.

BIGSTIG
12-30-2009, 06:40 PM
tjm

I saw that car dealer as well, I sent them an email with no response as of yet. The home page states that the owner of that dealer has been selling cars in his hometown since 1975. The Bob Patterson that was a teammate of Graces was born in Jacksonville, FL and raised in Greenville, SC.

THANKS!!!

5K - No worries!!!

sox83cubs84
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
tjm

I saw that car dealer as well, I sent them an email with no response as of yet. The home page states that the owner of that dealer has been selling cars in his hometown since 1975. The Bob Patterson that was a teammate of Graces was born in Jacksonville, FL and raised in Greenville, SC.

THANKS!!!

5K - No worries!!!

I think he lives in NC now. Bob and I were pals when he was a Cub in the mid-1990s. Interestingly, his nickname was "Dr. Glove", as he was an expert on repairing baseball gloves. Teammates and even opponents would ask him to work his wonders on their damaged fielding mitts.

Dave M.
Chicago area

BIGSTIG
12-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Dave,

I came across this article in my attempt to locate Mr. Patterson

http://espn.go.com/magazine/kurkjian_20020321.html (http://espn.go.com/magazine/kurkjian_20020321.html)

Nick

frikativ54
12-31-2009, 07:32 PM
BTW, I am friends with the guy who won that Mark Grace glove. He showed me the glove right after he won it, and we chatted about it briefly. If you send an email to lazukor@gmail.com, I will give you the guy's contact information. Don't know if he wants to sell it.

bagbig
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I also know the owner of the glove and I have seen the glove in person. He lives in Denver. It is absolutely incredible- loads and loads of pine tar- it must have been used for a season or two.

BIGSTIG
01-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help...especially Leslie. I have contacted teh owner and he has no plans on selling it at this point in time. Look forward to seeing some pics of it, as it sounds pretty sweet.

BIGSTIG
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM
I know you cant see me.....but I am doing my happy dance!!!

Finalized a deal with the owner of the Grace glove. As soon as it is recieved, pics will be posted. Like Mark Graces nickname during his playing days......this glove is AMAZING. It will be proudly displayed in an already impressive Cubs collection.

Need to send thanks out again to Leslie. I hope one day you are repaid with a lead on a nice Bagwell item!!!

tjm5711
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I know you cant see me.....but I am doing my happy dance!!!

Finalized a deal with the owner of the Grace glove. As soon as it is recieved, pics will be posted. Like Mark Graces nickname during his playing days......this glove is AMAZING. It will be proudly displayed in an already impressive Cubs collection.

Need to send thanks out again to Leslie. I hope one day you are repaid with a lead on a nice Bagwell item!!!

Congrats, I'm glad I mentioned it a few weeks ago.

BIGSTIG
01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
tjm - YES, a special thanks to you as well!!! without you remembering about it, none of this would have ever started.

NYCrulesU
01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Bigstig, Congrats! Great to see a collector so excited about a new find.

Curious, what changed the original owners mind in 10 days? Did you offer an price that couldn't be refused? :eek: I only ask because I noticed that on the 1st he had no plans to sell.

BIGSTIG
01-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Well I will keep the details of the deal private out of respect for the seller, but yes... I guess you can say that!!

tjm5711
01-11-2010, 11:00 PM
tjm - YES, a special thanks to you as well!!! without you remembering about it, none of this would have ever started.

You're Welcome ! Glad to help another Grace fan !

frikativ54
01-11-2010, 11:25 PM

Yeah, once you mentioned Patterson, it rang a bell in my mind. And then I connected that to the guy you bought it from.

frikativ54
01-11-2010, 11:27 PM

You're very welcome. I look forward to seeing pics of the glove. Keep me in mind if you see a game issued/used Bagwell fielder's glove . :)

NYCrulesU
01-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Well I will keep the details of the deal private out of respect for the seller, but yes... I guess you can say that!!

That's great. Well again, congrats! :D

NYCrulesU
01-11-2010, 11:43 PM
While we're talking of gloves ;) Everyone, please keep an eye out for a Palmeiro glove. I really want one.

5kRunner
01-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Great Job Nick!

Can't wait to see pics.

tjm5711
01-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Great Job Nick!

Can't wait to see pics.

It's a beauty ! I remember seeing it on Ebay ! I actually had a shot at owning it. But didn't want to fork over the dough ! LOL

twarman17
01-24-2018, 12:29 AM
I found this thread studying the glove as the provenance was that it was gifted from Grace to Patterson, the glove doctor. I have acquired the glove and have sent photos to Resolution Photomatching to see what they can find. Will keep everyone posted! Also, I am buying anything and everything Mark Grace if anyone has anything available. Thanks!

twarman17
02-09-2018, 04:57 PM
In follow-up, Resolution Photomatching matched the Grace glove to getty image 450755678 taken on July 21, 1996. Very excited!