Game used or no game used?

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/3000HitClub/Stuff/palmeiro1.jpg
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/3000HitClub/Stuff/palmeiro2.jpg
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/3000HitClub/Stuff/palmeiro3.jpg
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/3000HitClub/Stuff/palmeiro4.jpg
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp336/3000HitClub/Stuff/palmeiro5.jpg

sox83cubs84
12-29-2009, 08:05 PM
It looks to at least be team/player-issued. Sizing and tags look OK, but the tags themselves look awfully crisp. It may not have been worn, or, if it was, only once or twice. Actual wear is awfully difficult to discern in photos if the wear is minimal. Still looks to be team stock, though, at least a partial plus.

Dave M.
Chicago area

NYCrulesU
12-29-2009, 08:23 PM
It looks to at least be team/player-issued. Sizing and tags look OK, but the tags themselves look awfully crisp. It may not have been worn, or, if it was, only once or twice. Actual wear is awfully difficult to discern in photos if the wear is minimal. Still looks to be team stock, though, at least a partial plus.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Thanks for your input Dave.

mr.miracle
12-29-2009, 08:28 PM
In my experience, anything Palmeiro wore over the last 8 - 10 years of his career looked almost new. In fact, if you find those Palmeiro inscribed and signed milestone jersey's they look like they are fresh off the rack. Raffy was always one of those players that it was questioned that he was changing uniforms several times during milestone games to maximize the sale.

Just an FYI.

Thanks,

orioles03
12-29-2009, 08:40 PM
when raffy returned to the o's at one point he had 10 plus jerseys in his locker .also coming from babe ruth museum it is good i see no problem

NYCrulesU
12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks Brett & Orioles03. I'll see if I can work with the seller on the price a bit.

NYCrulesU
12-29-2009, 09:09 PM
I could use some opinions on a fair price to offer, if anyone could help. Thanks

ironmanfan
12-29-2009, 11:11 PM
This jersey has been off and on eBay for awhile now....Seems to me that it should be a buyers market for Palmeiro jerseys these days.

At one time, I myself had thoughts on making an offer, but it appeared to me that it had little/no wear, so I passed.

NYCrulesU
12-29-2009, 11:41 PM
This jersey has been off and on eBay for awhile now....Seems to me that it should be a buyers market for Palmeiro jerseys these days.

At one time, I myself had thoughts on making an offer, but it appeared to me that it had little/no wear, so I passed.

I agree on the lack of wear. I would much rather track down one of the 3 that Brett sold. Atleast I would know that they were once owned by a reputable member here. But, should I fail in that quest and fall back to this jersey, what would be a reasonable price for it - considering it is a buyers market? $500-$750?

Thanks

geoff
12-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Jersey looks good to me after looking it over for A minute.

NYCrulesU
12-30-2009, 02:14 AM
Jersey looks good to me after looking it over for A minute.

Thanks Geoff.

suicide_squeeze
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
The jersey is not the correct size.

I have two Rafael game worn, hand signed, inscribed, milestone jerseys.

One is a Texas Rangers home jersey from 2003. The other is a home Baltimore Orioles jersey & pants from 2005. This particular uniform was used to hit two home runs in the same game....one to tie Mickey Mantle, the second to pass him. Each piece is inscribed with that info...all in Palmeiro's hand. Comes with signed letters from Palmeiro.

They are both size 50. That establishes the fact he wore a size "50" in 2003 and 2005. Did he lose a little bit of weight in 2004? Hmmm.....

I understand the one shown here is an away jersey, but the only player I am aware of during the same time frame in MLB that wore two different sizes of jerseys in regards to "home" and "away" from the same year was.....Sammy Sosa.

He actually ordered a special size "47" for away Chicago cubs jerseys while wearing a "48" home in the early 2000's.

I would think it would be highly unlikely that Palmeiro would wear a two-size difference set of jerseys. I also find it unlikely that this jersey would not come with a Palmeiro letter, and I think the Babe Ruth Museum issue is.......an issue, for the curator.

Just my opinion.

I wish you could repost all of the pictures and info, as they have disappeared.

bigtime59
01-10-2010, 10:54 AM
The jersey is not the correct size.

I have two Rafael game worn, hand signed, inscribed, milestone jerseys.

One is a Texas Rangers home jersey from 2003. The other is a home Baltimore Orioles jersey & pants from 2005. This particular uniform was used to hit two home runs in the same game....one to tie Mickey Mantle, the second to pass him. Each piece is inscribed with that info...all in Palmeiro's hand. Comes with signed letters from Palmeiro.

They are both size 50. That establishes the fact he wore a size "50" in 2003 and 2005. Did he lose a little bit of weight in 2004? Hmmm.....

I understand the one shown here is an away jersey, but the only player I am aware of during the same time frame in MLB that wore two different sizes of jerseys in regards to "home" and "away" from the same year was.....Sammy Sosa.

He actually ordered a special size "47" for away Chicago cubs jerseys while wearing a "48" home in the early 2000's.

I would think it would be highly unlikely that Palmeiro would wear a two-size difference set of jerseys. I also find it unlikely that this jersey would not come with a Palmeiro letter, and I think the Babe Ruth Museum issue is.......an issue, for the curator.

Just my opinion.

I wish you could repost all of the pictures and info, as they have disappeared.

It's a 1998 jersey.

suicide_squeeze
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
It's a 1998 jersey.

That's why I asked the pictures and info be reposted. In talking to a fellow member here, he mentioned it was a 2004 jersey. I didn't remember.

In reviewing my jersey sizes, it if had been from 2004, it wouldn't make sense. It does now.

NYCrulesU
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes, sorry. I believe I changed my photobucket around which in turn dropped the photos. It was a "1998 game used" Raffy jersey on Ebay. Thanks to all the help I received from members I've decided to leave this jersey alone.