PDA

View Full Version : Blue bat for Father's Day in 2010 Facebook Group

metsbats
12-29-2009, 08:09 AM
We started a Facebook page, Blue Bats for Father's Day in 2010 back in June 2009. There are only 43 members to date. However we do have 148 signatures on the I-petition.

Liz started a thread asking whose on Facebook and it looks like we do have a small presence on it. So if you can please join our Blue Bats for Father's Day in 2010 group to show your support.

I know some of us have already joined so it would also help if you spread the word out to family and friends.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=97170889414&ref=ts

Back in June we tried contacting MLB via email and got no response. (no surprise). Starting in Jan 2010 we'll try to draw more attention to the group and garner more support and attempt to try to reach out to MLB via other methods.

Thanks!

allstarsplus
12-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Way to go! It is a great idea!

metsbats
01-26-2010, 09:59 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=97170889414&ref=ts

FYI just an update on this FB group.

We are now up to 220 members in this group!

otismalibu
01-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Ah sh*t!!!

I mistakenly signed up for Blue Balls on Valentine's Day.

metsbats
01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
we will launch that group in Feb (just for you Greg):D

justinwc80
01-27-2010, 09:24 AM
I agree its a great idea, but if I recall BMH stated that they are not for it due to the logistics involved in bringing another color for all the bats. I'm guessing the pink bats are tough on their operation.

legaleagle92481
01-28-2010, 12:16 AM
If bats are not possible how about a blue patch on the jerseys and have the players wear blue cleats, batting gloves etc. Like the NFL does for breast cancer.

MRMusial
01-28-2010, 12:23 AM
We are now up to 220 members in this group!

Make that 221 ...

LastingsMilledge85
01-28-2010, 01:40 AM
If bats are not possible how about a blue patch on the jerseys and have the players wear blue cleats, batting gloves etc. Like the NFL does for breast cancer.

Seinfeld reference but, "they wear the ribbon". For fathers day all MLB jerseys and I believe umpires all wear a ribbon blue patch on the chest much like the Mother's day pink ribbons. They also excessively wear blue armbands, the umpires wear them as well. Depending on the team, they will auction off the jerseys which I believe go to prostate cancer research.

legaleagle92481
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Seinfeld reference but, "they wear the ribbon". For fathers day all MLB jerseys and I believe umpires all wear a ribbon blue patch on the chest much like the Mother's day pink ribbons. They also excessively wear blue armbands, the umpires wear them as well. Depending on the team, they will auction off the jerseys which I believe go to prostate cancer research.

Really? I have not seen one of these ever on the market. It is usually stars and stripes caps, Jackie Robinson Day jerseys and Pink bats that they seem to auction. They should do a better job getting it out there like they do with the aforementioned stuff. The pink bats to me are not desirable because they just look weird displayed among other sports stuff like a bunch of jerseys, regular bats and then theres this pink one. I would much rather have a regular bat and make a donation to the cancer research. Although I do like the pink captain's patch football jerseys because they are not all pink and they auction alot of players you cannot find any other no doubt about it authentic jerseys of.

CampWest
01-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Really? I have not seen one of these ever on the market. It is usually stars and stripes caps, Jackie Robinson Day jerseys and Pink bats that they seem to auction. They should do a better job getting it out there like they do with the aforementioned stuff. The pink bats to me are not desirable because they just look weird displayed among other sports stuff like a bunch of jerseys, regular bats and then theres this pink one. I would much rather have a regular bat and make a donation to the cancer research. Although I do like the pink captain's patch football jerseys because they are not all pink and they auction alot of players you cannot find any other no doubt about it authentic jerseys of.

I totally disagree, but isnt that what makes this great... I think a pink bat stands out amongst the others as a unique and special item... Similarly, if there was a display of 12 black-finish bats would you feel the same way about one blonde bat being added to the group? I doubt it. Personally, part of the fun for me is the diversity and variation, and I think the "novelty" bats are fun, interesting, and look great. They're a good conversation starter and they sell at a premium to other bats; and therefore serve their purpose for raising funds and awareness. Plus the pink bats seems to really capture ink transfers - the contrast between game use and the bat color is pretty high, so they really capture game use and display well.

I love em... keep em coming.

LastingsMilledge85
01-28-2010, 01:15 PM
The Mets occasionally sell game used mother's and father's day jerseys, but they may though go towards the Mets and not charity, I'm not sure.