PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anybody heading to the Cubs Convention???

dcgreg25
12-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I need help getting a specific player's autograph on an item and am willing to pay. Drop me an email if you are going, Thanks!!

sox83cubs84
12-28-2009, 09:57 PM
As long as the player isn't a lottery signer, I'd be willing to help. Let me know who you are seeking.

Dave M,.
sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

ivo610
12-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I am a cubs fan that has never been to the convention. Its a rather long drive for me, is it worth going?

platinum1
12-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I am a cubs fan that has never been to the convention. Its a rather long drive for me, is it worth going?
Hell No! But if its your first time. Then maybe.
Long lines, You can only get surtain players IF you win a lottery drawing. Its a stratch off ticket that tells you if you won. Game Used stuff is very very expensive and all the good players are actually actioned off.

BIGSTIG
12-29-2009, 02:30 AM
ivo610 - I am a DIE HARD Cubs fan, and live only a 15 minute cab ride from the Hilton Towers, and I don't think I am going. I usually go and sit in the auction room all day, but it has just gotten crazy over the past 4-5 years. 20,000+ shoved in the lowest level of the hotel...this = LOOOONG lines, for even the average player. The Soriano's, Lee, Zambrano (if he makes it this year) are like platinum said are lottery and only 500 people win. Most of the memorabilia game used or not is overpriced, but it is a good place to go if you are looking to find that rare piece you have not been able to locate. In my opinion, stay home and if you collect Cubs game used wait til it all hits ebay the following week. The money you save in gas, and parking ($50 for valet at the hotel) you can spend on a nice item.

Just my opinion!!

platinum1
12-29-2009, 02:57 AM
ivo610 - I am a DIE HARD Cubs fan, and live only a 15 minute cab ride from the Hilton Towers, and I don't think I am going. I usually go and sit in the auction room all day, but it has just gotten crazy over the past 4-5 years. 20,000+ shoved in the lowest level of the hotel...this = LOOOONG lines, for even the average player. The Soriano's, Lee, Zambrano (if he makes it this year) are like platinum said are lottery and only 500 people win. Most of the memorabilia game used or not is overpriced, but it is a good place to go if you are looking to find that rare piece you have not been able to locate. In my opinion, stay home and if you collect Cubs game used wait til it all hits ebay the following week. The money you save in gas, and parking ($50 for valet at the hotel) you can spend on a nice item.

Just my opinion!!
Dont forget the money you save on the Passes, Food & Drinks.

ivo610
12-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys, you made it an easy call for me

mskwarek
12-29-2009, 12:56 PM
As Nick mentioned, the lines are WAY long and if this is your first time, you should really go into the weekend with a game plan of who's autograph you want. Sadly, the complete list of players is not known until 1-2 days before the convention and the autograph times are not known until you pick up the program/ticket on Friday.

DCGreg25- I'll be attending (mostly in the auction area), but will be willing to help if I can. As Dave mentioned, lottery signers we will not be able to help with (Sandberg, Santo, Banks, etc).

Regards,
Mike