PDA

View Full Version : All-star Game Worn Jerseys

RASTANIF
06-18-2006, 04:27 AM
I Heard That The Players In The All-star Games, Especially The Nhl And The Nba Change There Jerseys At The Half Or Between Periods. The Player Keeps One And The Other Is Sold For Charity. Does Anyone Know If This Is True Or Have Any Knowledge About This Subject?

PK
06-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Not sure of the NBA, but I do believe NHL do wear 1 per peroid. I believe Meigray gets one to sell to the public, NHL keeps one and also the player keeps one. If Barry has a chance he can say for sure.

suave1477
06-18-2006, 09:23 PM
MLB usually provides a second set of Game Issued BP Jerseys to the players to sign and be sold for charity sometimes the players actually wear them, sign them and give them back or sometimes they just sign them and give them back.

Hope this helps

BarryMeisel
06-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi Ryan,

Under NHL-MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Guidelines, five sets of jerseys are prepared and worn for each NHL All-Star Game.

1 set, Photo Shoot (the team photos)
1 set, Warmup prior to the game
1 set, first period
1 set, second period
1 set, third period

The five sets are usually distributed as follows:

1 set goes to an organization for charity, 1 set goes to the NHL (including jerseys marketed by NHL-MGG), 1 set goes to the NHL teams (each team gets the jerseys of players from its organization), 1 set goes to the NHLPA, and 1 set is kept by each player in the game.

The players get the third period jerseys. the NHL and NHLPA get the first and second period jerseys.

Hope this helps,

Barry Meisel, MeiGray
NHL-MGG Program Director

RASTANIF
06-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Thank You, Do They Have That Many For The Nba All-star Game.