PDA

View Full Version : OT: Urban Meyer resigns

beavisrules
12-26-2009, 07:33 PM
All I can say is WOW. Talk about completely changing the landscape of the SEC and college football in general. Curious if the Gator fans on this site were as shocked as I was, or if they all knew something was brewing after his hospital visit for dehydration recently. I hope his health condition, whatever it is, is not life threatening or serious.

sox83cubs84
12-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I always like Meyer for saying "no" to Notre Dame. He's done a lot better the last few years than ND has:D .

Dave M.
Chicago area

GarkoCollector
12-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I always like Meyer for saying "no" to Notre Dame. He's done a lot better the last few years than ND has:D .

Dave M.
Chicago area

But how much better would ND have done with him there?

beavisrules
12-26-2009, 10:07 PM
But how much better would ND have done with him there?

A lot better - not as well as Florida has done, but ND would have been winning probably 9 to 10 games every year for sure. Meyer is that good of a coach (and recruiter).

That being said, I am very grateful that we got Brian Kelly - things should be turning around at ND real soon - like next season.

gatorcollector
12-26-2009, 11:50 PM
I can tell you that Gator Nation is in shock. Nobody saw this coming except Meyer, Athletic Director Jeremy Foley, and UF President Bernie Machen. I'm sorry to see him go but happy to know he has enough perspective to know what's really important. I read that when his college freshman daughter was told of his decision, she said, "I get my Daddy back".

The question now, of course, is who's next. Several names have been mentioned, but one that really intrigues me is Mike Shanahan. All I know is this: Foley has hired two football coaches at UF - Ron Zook and Urban Meyer. This next hire better be a lot more like Meyer than Zook!