PDA

View Full Version : Rawlings bat question

scrinjun
12-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Is there a way to determine if a Rawlings bat was made for the ALDS? If so, how?

jetersbatboy
12-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Rawlings, would have the batch code stamp replaced, with a ALDS stamp on the knob.

scrinjun
12-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Rawlings, would have the batch code stamp replaced, with a ALDS stamp on the knob.

My mistake, it is not strickly an ALDS bat, but it is claiming to be a "post season" or "playoffs" bat. Any ideas?

Number9
12-26-2009, 05:30 PM
That is the big problem with postseason bats, and why I don't pay a premium for them. Despite the markings, you have no way of knowing if a bat was used in the postseason, or in BP, or not used in the postseason and used the next season or spring training. Unless you photo match it of course.

Just because a bat is marked NLCS or World Series doesn't mean it was definitely used then. Only thing we know for sure is it was MADE then.

I think it is unreasonable to know say 10 bats were made for a guy and assume all 10 were used in postseason games, some guys may use 1-2 bats or even use a regular season bat they liked they feel of.

Number9
12-26-2009, 05:32 PM
One other point. world series baseballs have special-colored ink stampings but plenty of people here have found World Series baseballs being used in BP the next season, so I don't even thing the unique ink stamping color on bats is definite proof of use in world series games.

End of my rant, this is one of my pet peeves.