PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Auction Questions

yanks12025
12-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Quick question. Did anyone here win one of the outfield padding lots they were auctioning off a couple weeks ago. Because it showed me as a winner and got the email saying i won, but i checked my credit card and they still have not taken payment or anything. I have called and emailed them many times but have heard nothing from them. So i was wondering if anyone is having the same problem or have received their lots. Thanks

legaleagle92481
12-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Steiner auctions is very, very slow. It has taken me weeks to get charged or receive my items in the past and they are impossible to get through to. They are not like NFL Auctions which charges you and ships the item a day after you win. Give it a few weeks I am sure you will get charged and your item will come.

Mattingly85MVP
12-26-2009, 01:45 AM
I won an item in that Dec. 6 auction and its been taking FOREVER. In their first Yankee Stadium legends auction, I had my items within 2 weeks. I've gotten a hold of a person (Joe something) at steiner who works specifically the in Auctions dept (you can call their main number and ask to connect you to Auctions). I've called at least once or twice a week and I get the same answer, "we have to check with the warehouse when the order will be filled and shipped out" and they never get back to me. It seems like they are holding the stuff hostage. I've won a few items in from Yankee auctions on MLB.com and it gets to me faster than Steiner, and the stuff in the Yankee Auction is FROM Steiner Sports; I don't get how that company operates bc it seems so haphazard

scrinjun
12-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Steiner is maddeningly slow. Even when I buy things from my "rep" at Steiner they are not shipped out that day, sometimes not for a few days. I don't know why it takes them so long to get things out of the wearhouse, don't they know how obsessed we are??:rolleyes:

tjm5711
12-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Steiner auctions is very, very slow. It has taken me weeks to get charged or receive my items in the past and they are impossible to get through to. They are not like NFL Auctions which charges you and ships the item a day after you win. Give it a few weeks I am sure you will get charged and your item will come.

NFL Auctions actually has a Canadian company subcontracted to handle their Credit Card payments. I think a totally other outfit deals with their shipping from a warehouse in New Jersey. I have dealt with them a lot, and they are great. It's kind of cool when you call them and it's right from the NFL's main offices in New York. You definitely don't have to worry about it being real when it comes directly from the league !

mbenga28
12-26-2009, 11:38 AM
some of you realize Steiner is closed until January 4th, right?

Mattingly85MVP
12-26-2009, 03:27 PM
some of you realize Steiner is closed until January 4th, right?

yes, but they aren't taking the entire month of Dec off