PDA

View Full Version : Does NFL Auctions Scare Anyone?

hockeytigers
12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I recently purchased 2 Brian Moorman jerseys through NFL Auctions. One was game used and the other was an "Authentic". I have included some photos of the jerseys below. There are 4 differences between the jerseys...

1) The most obvious is the pink captains patch
2) The location of the NFL shield
3) The blue material that goes around the shoulders. One is sewn on both sides and one is open on one side.
4) The 2008 jersey has the year and size tag in the collar and the 2009 jersey has the year under the size/manufacturers tag near the bottom of the jersey.

The 2009 tagging appears to be consistent with other game used jerseys from 2009 and the sewing of the blue material on the 2008's also seems to be consistent with other 2008 jerseys.

Besides these 4 things, the jerseys are identical in every way.

Is NFL Auctions flooding the game used market with these "Authentic" jerseys which in a few years, people will be passing off as game used?

I collect kickers/punters jerseys and the use on these jerseys is usually slim anyways. I have seen quite a few "authentic" Steve Gostkowski jerseys on NFL Auctions...does that mean in a few years these will all be game used jerseys?

Has anyone every bought one of these "Authentic" jerseys and compared it to a Game Used jersey? Do the "Authentic" jerseys match the game used jerseys in size and modifications?

I hate to go here but I am...did I receive a "Game Issued" or "Game-Ready" jersey from NFL Auctions instead of an "Authentic"?

Does this worry anyone else besides me?

TriplexXxSports
12-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Could very well be the way the jerseys are laid out, but the one on the right seems bigger. By that I mean wider and longer. Do they measure the same if you use a tape measure?

hockeytigers
12-23-2009, 08:36 PM
The pink patch jersey is 1 inch shorter and 1/2 inch not as wide. The pink patch jersey is well used and probably washed a few times which could cause it to shrink a little.

But if you did not have the 2 side by side to compare the jerseys, how would you know the difference?

neverfinished94
12-23-2009, 09:20 PM
i dont think they are trying to pass off "authentic" as game issued. when i see authentic i think of the retail version jerseys that normally sell for $200-300 unsigned. maybe i am wrong here

hockeytigers
12-23-2009, 10:20 PM
That's what I thought too until I saw the jersey...

Has anyone else purchased an "Authentic" jersey from NFL Auctions?

indyred
12-24-2009, 12:03 AM
The PSADNA cert # tells you exactly what it is. It says if it is a game used jersey when you look them up.

hockeytigers
12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
What if someone does not state that they received it from NFL Auctions?

You guys are missing my point...

If you compare these 2 jerseys side by side, there is no difference in the jerseys...that is my main point. One is game used and I paid around $300 more for it than the "Authentic" jersey.

gridman80
12-24-2009, 01:37 PM
What if someone does not state that they received it from NFL Auctions?

You guys are missing my point...

If you compare these 2 jerseys side by side, there is no difference in the jerseys...that is my main point. One is game used and I paid around $300 more for it than the "Authentic" jersey.

Best bet is to only buy current jerseys if you can find a 100% photomatch...no matter what the source...if unwashed even better