PDA

View Full Version : Game Used / Memorabilia Items All Displayed or Some Stored Away

grenda12
12-22-2009, 10:09 PM
It seems like Im picking up more and more items.

I was just wondering if you have all you items on display or if you have some displayed and some stored.

How do you store the "leftovers"? Do you switch things out?

nationals2k9
12-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I generally have everything stored. The main reason is to wait until I have my own place that I'll be in long enough where it's worth to pull everything out to display. If I owned a house for instance, I'm sure there'd a be a room with lots of stuff out.

Interesting question about switching things out... b/c I think we all tend to like different things at different times. If I had 1 favorite bat for instance... that bat would have changed a dozen times over the last year!

I also move items that don't excite me any more or that I can't justify holding onto. I think a major part of this hobby is the continual shaping of the assumed "ideal" collection.

murfsteve25
12-22-2009, 10:38 PM
This is a great topic and I'll have to agree with Nationals2K9. When i moved to japan i had to leave my collection at my parents house in Ohio. Everything is in boxes in the "Buckeye Room" (my dads shrine to Ohio State) but most of the items ive bought since moving to okinawa have been sent here to me, and are just sitting in the closet.

When i go back to the states and buy a house then i will work on getting everything displayed.

dcgreg25
12-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Probably only about 10% displayed and the rest stored. I am working to change that. Looking to invest in three jersey frames where you can switch out the jerseys...will probably buy those early next year.

NEFAN
12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
I display what my wife will put up with and store the rest. My collecting preferences have morphed over the years, but once I got to Game used jerseys and balls, I stuck with that.

mariner_gamers
12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I have 100% displayed. 400+ bats in one room, auto'd photos on the walls behind the bats, auto'd posters in my game room and workout room. Shelves for helmets, hats, shoes, balls etc......

murfsteve25
12-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I have 100% displayed. 400+ bats in one room, auto'd photos on the walls behind the bats, auto'd posters in my game room and workout room. Shelves for helmets, hats, shoes, balls etc......

you have pictures of your displays dont you? ive tried to look through past threads to see if i can find the but i cant.

mariner_gamers
12-23-2009, 12:11 AM
you have pictures of your displays dont you? ive tried to look through past threads to see if i can find the but i cant.

They are out there under the newly renovated memorabilia rooms post. I will post some more tomorrow as I am adding two more homemade bat racks to my ceiling. The two new racks will allow me to have everything up without having to double up same players on one peg. The link below shows my room at about 300 bats.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16638&page=14

murfsteve25
12-23-2009, 12:22 AM
They are out there under the newly renovated memorabilia rooms post. I will post some more tomorrow as I am adding two more homemade bat racks to my ceiling. The two new racks will allow me to have everything up without having to double up same players on one peg. The link below shows my room at about 300 bats.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16638&page=14

email sent

grenda12
12-24-2009, 10:13 AM
I have the majority of my items out. Whatever I dont have out I have stored away in a rubbermaid container. Also, I have a bat rack that holds only 5 bats so I do switch those out. I do switch things out often, but it depends on my mood.

sportscrazy13
12-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I've kept everything in storage for like 5 years. I work overseas, so when I call it quits and go back and buy a house, everything will get pulled out.

otismalibu
12-24-2009, 10:54 AM

Good man!

Keep them boxed and you're a hoarder. Display them and you're a collector. :)

gingi79
12-24-2009, 01:29 PM
I have the jerseys of the team whose season we are in. For example:

On the day the Braves are eliminated, all of my Braves stuff comes down and it is replaced by my Sami Salo Vancouver Canucks collection. This stays up exclusively until Opening Day when half are replaced by Matt Diaz Braves jerseys. When the Canucks are eliminated, the rest of the Salo's come down and are replaced by Diaz. Since the Braves havent played in October in a decade, there hasn't been a need to overlap end of Braves with beginning of Canucks lately.

The sole exceptions are my Detroit Vipers Sami Salo and my Photomatched Holy Grail, Pavel Bure Skate Logo which are up year round. The Vipers will hopefully one day be replaced with either a Matt Diaz World Series jersey or a Sami Salo Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup Finals jersey. Ehh, I can hope right? It's Christmas Eve for Christsakes!