PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting hammered?

JasonBanz
12-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Anyone else shut in today? Snowing like crazy here!

ironmanfan
12-19-2009, 01:52 PM
when I first saw the title, I thought you had something like this in mind

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/beer-bottle-crime-scene-2.jpg

JasonBanz
12-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Haha! Something like that may keep me warmer!

dcgreg25
12-19-2009, 02:30 PM
We have about a foot plus on the ground and expecting another foot before its over tonight.

Vintagedeputy
12-19-2009, 02:38 PM
As of this morning, we had 11 1/2 cold, wet, wintery inches of snow. More on the way tonight along with freezing rain.

metsbats
12-19-2009, 02:40 PM
It just started here in NY.

Supposed to be 2 ft in here in LI.

spartakid
12-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow! A couple of weeks ago, here in California, we had it snow in the Bay Area for the first time in something like 30 years. We live at a relative high elevation so we got probably two or three inches of snow. People were taking pictures and acting like it was the second coming or something. It was fun for a day or two, but I can't imagine having to shovel feet of snow. It was agitating having to scrape snow and ice of the car. I have a new found respect for those of you that live in places where it snows heavily.

JasonBanz
12-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow! A couple of weeks ago, here in California, we had it snow in the Bay Area for the first time in something like 30 years. We live at a relative high elevation so we got probably two or three inches of snow. People were taking pictures and acting like it was the second coming or something. It was fun for a day or two, but I can't imagine having to shovel feet of snow. It was agitating having to scrape snow and ice of the car. I have a new found respect for those of you that live in places where it snows heavily.

I wish I lived in a place where it didn't snow! As a child snow was great! Now that I'm older the snow just bothers the heck out of me! I'm trying to get my wife to move towards Miami! I Wonder why I'm so attracted to that place! :rolleyes:

MLB_Authentic
12-19-2009, 03:29 PM
:D We'll get hammered like that 2 or 3 times before winters over up in these parts

3arod13
12-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Woodbridge, Virginia

JasonBanz
12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Woodbridge, Virginia

You live in Woodbridge? I've been there several times. Used to go to the Hylton Memorial Chapel every year for a convention!

3arod13
12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
You live in Woodbridge? I've been there several times. Used to go to the Hylton Memorial Chapel every year for a convention!

Live in Chesapeake, Virginia. We got lucky and it just missed us. Son lives in Woodbridge, Virginia. He's an Engineer and works at Quantico. He just graduated from George Mason and obtained his Masters Degree! Pretty Proud of him!

3arod13
12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Live in Chesapeake, Virginia. We got lucky and it just missed us. Son lives in Woodbridge, Virginia. He's an Engineer and works at Quantico. He just graduated from George Mason and obtained his Masters Degree! Pretty Proud of him!

He emailed me the pictures. Here he is standing in all that mess.

Regards, Tony

geoff
12-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Im Snowed in Today as well.Its sort of a Blizzard I guess here in Baltimore.Wondering if The Ravens will Play Sunday.

3arod13
12-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Im Snowed in Today as well.Its sort of a Blizzard I guess here in Baltimore.Wondering if The Ravens will Play Sunday.

Looks like they'll be playing "snowball" instead of "football." It's pretty bad!

Lokee
12-19-2009, 04:38 PM
light rain here in Seattle. Go figure :rolleyes:

3arod13
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
light rain here in Seattle. Go figure :rolleyes:

It rains in Seattle? :)

cohibasmoker
12-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Not everyone is getting hammered.

Jim

ironmanfan
12-19-2009, 05:16 PM

They'll play.....although the game was moved back to 4:00 (was 1:00)

both-teams-played-hard
12-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Sunny and 80 in L.A.

JasonBanz
12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Sunny and 80 in L.A.
I am very jealous! I hate the snow!

both-teams-played-hard
12-19-2009, 07:57 PM
I am very jealous! I hate the snow!

Don't be. The weather doesn't feel like football season or Christmas season.

allstarsplus
12-19-2009, 08:16 PM
In the Northwest part of the Washington DC Beltway, we have 16 inches and counting.

WOW!

70to66
12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Stay home and eat lots of good progresso soup! That's what I make at work, and it helps me buy my game used items!

Vintagedeputy
12-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Forecast here in Richmond, Va is calling for another 1-2 inches before its done. We'll have probably about 14 inches down when its all done.

JasonBanz
12-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I called my dad, he measured the snow at 16 inches, with another 2-4 on the way. That snow better clear off the satellite dish so I can watch my Fins tomorrow! :D

sox83cubs84
12-19-2009, 10:54 PM
It's unusual that Chicago gets off easy on a major snowstorm, but so far, we have. Maybe an inch on the ground, temps in the low-mid 30s much of the day, and much of the snow has melted as a result. Too bad I'm NOT in D.C....I'd be whipping snowballs at the 60 senators voting for government-run health care.

Dave M.
Chicago area

both-teams-played-hard
12-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Too bad I'm NOT in D.C....I'd be whipping snowballs at the 60 senators voting for government-run health care.

Dave
Do you sleep?

The political banter is getting old.

Rob
12-19-2009, 11:19 PM
snow is fun when you are a small child or have them

bigtime59
12-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Or when you're a small dog or have them...otherwise, I could do without.
(Kramer is booking up the shoveled front walk in shot #1...otherwise the snow was deeper than she is tall!)

Neely8
12-20-2009, 10:24 AM
We got clobbered here at the Jersey Shore with well over a foot of snow. I shoveled for almost three hours last night to make a dent in it so it wasn't too deep when I got up today. Now I have to go back out and finish up. Yippie!

xpress34
12-20-2009, 10:41 AM
There's still some snow on the ground from our last big storm (almost two weeks ago now) here in Colorado.

Almost the entire state was getting hammered at one point... got about 2 feet near my house (Thornton - just N of Denver about 20 miles)... To Hell You Ride, CO (Telluride) got OVER 4 feet!!!

About a week ago, some of the Ski Resorts were asking people NOT to come up do the conditions - lots of snow and great powder, but -30 and BELOW at the top of the mountain in some areas BEFORE the wind chill and the extra chill of traveling 15-40mph down hill... they estimated an average skier/snowboarder coming down the hill would be in the equivalent of about -60 degrees or so - pretty much instant Frost Bite on any exposed skin...

But, we do have over 300 days of Sun Shine on Average!!!

- Chris

JasonBanz
12-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Well its sunny now. Still cold. Got about 18 inches. Thats going to take forever to melt! I hate snow!

sox83cubs84
12-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Dave
Do you sleep?

Maybe, Warren...but if that bill passes, and we have health care rationing in 2013 and after, getting old is likely something I personally WON'T be doing...with the health care rationing the bill includes, a guy like me with multiple health problems isn't too likely to get approved for life-enhancing or life-saving treatments. Personally, I'd rather expire on my own (or God's) terms, not those of a panel of Washington-based bureaucrats.

Back to topic...We've had a bit more snow here in Chi-Town, but it's remained warm enough that not much is sticking. It's enough to reflect the Christmas image, but not enough to mess thing s up...in essence, picture-perfect.

Dave M.
Chicago area

chakes89
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Down here in southern ohio, we managed to miss most of the snow.

We just had a light dusting and most of the snow is already melted.

We usually get our big snow in Late January-Early February

cohibasmoker
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Dave
Do you sleep?

For those of us who know Dave, we realize that he does have multiple health issues so I can understand why he is upset at the possibility that the Federal Government taking over our healthcare system. After-all, can any member name a single program the Fed runs that works or they haven't bankrupted?

Is the political issue old? That certainly is a moot point however, just consider this, with every dollar they take away from us, that's less we have to spend on sports memorabilia. As a for example, if some members don't think the healthcare issue will effect them because they have healthcare insurance for their employer - you may want to think again. Under the bill, the Fed will put a value on the coverage individuals get from their employers and tax the individual 10%. So, if we have a insurance plan that is worth 15K - guess what? That's $1500.00 out of our pocket. How many sports items does that equate to? Now add-in all the others trillions of dollars this Administration has spent so far and one will soon realize NOT only will the hobby be hit so will every aspect of our lives once the new tax-code goes into effect to pay for all these programs.

So Warren to answer your question - Dave probably Doesn't sleep at night because of what's going on in Washington - particularity when it relates to healthcare.

Jim

orioles03
12-20-2009, 09:02 PM
went to ravens game today ,the stadium seats were supose to be clear but this is what i saw

both-teams-played-hard
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
To all forum members:
I respect everyone here and wish the very best of health and happiness.
I don't want to make enemies or ruffle any feathers.
From this moment on, I will refrain from starting any off-topic threads or responding to any off-topic posts (including: the weather, religion, politics, steroids or sports topics not pertaining to jerseys or uniforms.)

MLB_Authentic
12-24-2009, 09:35 PM
I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow, but we are supposed to get 22 inches by Saturday. Just another MN winter. We will probably get at least 2 more storms like this one before winter is out.

Lokee
12-24-2009, 10:56 PM
It's unusual that Chicago gets off easy on a major snowstorm, but so far, we have. Maybe an inch on the ground, temps in the low-mid 30s much of the day, and much of the snow has melted as a result. Too bad I'm NOT in D.C....I'd be whipping snowballs at the 60 senators voting for government-run health care.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave,

I would be there right along side of you. Looks like it passed with some "back door" dealings, what a joke. Nebraska gets off paying nothing 4 life.