PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Mears..

33bird
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I've always found Mears employees very, very helpful when it comes to game used questions that I have. I have emailed Dave Grob too many times to number-to get help on items that I wasn't too sure about. Same with Dave Meidema. Even Troy a few times, but not as much as the 2 Dave's. They always get back to me in a timely fashion and get me the info I'm looking for. Their auctions are top notch. I've bought numerous things from them. I know Dave Grob well enough that if he thought something fishy was going on at Mears he would bring it out or just flat out leave the company. Just my 2 cents, but as long as Dave Grob is affiliated with Mears I'll be sticking with them. You guys that know me well enough on here know that I'm not full of BS and have some personal agenda I'm trying to meet by blowing smoke up Mears butt. This is just really how I feel about them. They do a lot of good for the hobby, just like this forum does. I just hate seeing everything bashed all the time in our hobby-including our own forum. Nothing is perfect in this world-including ourselves. Let's try to remember that.

sammy
12-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I concur with your statements and sentiments.

I have also found MEARS to be a top notch company in regard to ethics and business matters.

I personally applaud their ability and consideration in giving a person a second chance.

With so many unethical and crooked people / companies in this business, I have always considered MEARS to be a breath of fresh air in the stench that permeates this hobby.

both-teams-played-hard
12-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I agree with Greg and Sammy. MEARS' associates answer questions and try to help the collecting community.

mfsquirrelmaster
12-16-2009, 03:22 AM
There auction is top notch. It would be nice if they were able to get more consignments. Hopefully the auction will only continue to grow. As far as an authentication company I don't know how a company could do any better. They may have an occasional mistake but they are very easily contacted unlike some.

ironmanfan
12-16-2009, 07:45 AM
I've purchased items from them in the past and regardless of who they employ in their shipping department, I have NO hesitation of buying from them in the future......Anyone can see the passion they have for the hobby by reading their web-site regularly...I can't think of an auction house with more integrity.

justinwc80
12-16-2009, 07:53 AM
I agree with everyone here, Troy and Dave are always full of knowledge even when the question is non mears related. I have had nothing but great interactions and have been happy with the items I've bought from them.