PDA

View Full Version : My first Manny Ramirez GU jersey.

gameused
12-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Got this in today, and it's my very first Manny Ramirez jersey.

Worn in only one game, it's a signed 2009 San Bernardino, Inland Empires 66er's jesey, class "A" affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Manny hit a HR wearing this jersey on June 27 vs the Lake Elsinore Storm. I have some really nice photo matches and will post them later.

Thanks,
Bobby

jetersbatboy
12-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

spartakid
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Very nice jersey Bobby, the loose threads on the LA must have been fairly easy to match.

grenda12
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Looks sweet. Congrats!

lehmsbobby
12-14-2009, 09:48 PM
may I ask how much you paid for this?

gamer35
12-14-2009, 10:05 PM
The shirt was on ebay and did not sell at $500.

notxpensv4u
12-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Great looking Manny jersey!!!!

joelsabi
12-15-2009, 12:40 AM
bobby, nice pick up. with all your manny bats over the years i was surprised this was your first manny jersey.

gameused
12-15-2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

I was able to make a deal for the jersey outside of ebay and had the jersey photo matched before we made the deal.

The owner won the jersey at a charity event, I rather not say exactly what I paid, but it was less than what he won the jersey for.

Also, considering only one away jersey was worn by Manny and it's a photo matched HR jersey, which I believe is the only HR Manny hit while on his minor league stint with the 66er's or the Albuquerque Isotopes, I think I got a heck of a deal on it and the seller got a nice tax write off and some cash.

Ricardo....yes, the LA patch with the loose threads is one of the photo matches, looks like the seamstress was really pressed for time to get the jersey ready for Manny, that sewing job looks rushed.

Thank you,
Bobby

gameused
12-15-2009, 02:18 AM
bobby, nice pick up. with all your manny bats over the years i was surprised this was your first manny jersey.

Hi Joel,

I been favoring Manny bats over his jerseys as I can spot certain game use traits on his game used bats from collecting all these years.

Unless I get a solid photo match or know the orignal source of his jerseys, I'm kind of weary to pull the trigger and purchase.

Too many of his jerseys on the market have wash tags that are crisp and new and the jersey shows minimal use and no puckering to the numbers.

I've seen "Steiner" authenticated Red Sox game used Manny jerseys with MLB holo's being sold and auctioned that look like they were hanging in Manny's locker all season long, tags are crisp and look brand new.

If you look at his GU bats and his batting helmet, they look abused. I would think his jerseys woud show similar use.

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
12-15-2009, 02:22 AM

Hi Joel,

I been favoring Manny bats over his jerseys as I can spot certain game use traits on his game used bats from collecting all these years.

Unless I get a solid photo match or know the original source of his jersey, I'm kind of weary to pull the trigger and purchase.

Too many of his jerseys on the market have wash tags that are crisp and new and the jersey shows minimal use and no puckering to the numbers.

I've seen "Steiner" authenticated Red Sox game used Manny jerseys with MLB holo's being sold and auctioned that look like they were hanging in Manny's locker all season long, tags are crisp and look brand new.

If you look at his GU bats and his batting helmet, they look abused. I would think his jerseys would show similar use.

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
12-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Here's a couple of photo matches: Two loose threads on the LA patch and another thread hanging from under the sleeve match up perfectly. Also the material on the neck area is bent down from what looks like a sewing miscue.

Last photo is the HR swing.

Thanks, Bobby

island_style
12-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Bobby,

That is a sweet Manny jersey! I'm sure it holds a special place in your impressive Manny collection.

To all, this is off-topic and probably deserves its own thread, but I met Bobby this past weekend on a weekend trip to Kauai (I live on Oahu). After years of e-mails, we finally got to meet. He is a stand up guy in person just as he is on this Forum.

If there were such an award, I would nominate Bobby for a GUU Good Guy. His willingness to share on the Forum and being a solid individual is enough for me. There are many others on the Forum who would deserve the same, as well. Bobby certainly gets one of my votes.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

gameused
12-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the kind words! You would be at the top of that list my friend, you're a gentleman in this hobby we all enjoy so much and a valuable asset to this forum.

It was great to finally meet you in person, thanks for taking the time out to get together as I know your schedule was really tight.

You guys all know that Ron is a super guy and has one of the most impressive Hawaii player collections I have seen over the years.

I remember seeing his Benny Agbayani collection and was floored, he had some game used items that I did not know existed. I asked Ron a few years ago that if he were to sell any of his Benny items to please let me know and he said he would, well Ron was true to his word and I was able to pick up a lot of his Benny items this past year. Ron could have easily sold to other Hawaii collectors or put the items up on ebay and easily make a lot more money, but he gave me a chance to pick them up at a great price and even held the items for me until I was ready. I can't thank you enough for doing that for me.

Happy Holidays Ron and thanks for being a true friend, looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,
Bobby

Neely8
12-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Holy smokes! Who sewed on that LA patch Stevie Wonder?? Nice jersey though.