PDA

View Full Version : How can I display this?

Copa
12-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Before Tiger Stadium was torn down, a friend and I went over to the corner of Michigan and Trumbull one last time...as we walked around the perimeter, I stopped over by where the old Tigers Bar-B-Q restaurant stood...the demolition crew had boarded up the large iron gates, but I was able to reach through and grab one of these brick pavers...while I would have preferred to grab a hunk of brick from the actual foundation of the stadium, I was beyond satisfied that I was able to grab this!

So my question is this...how can I display it? I've thought about having a small plate engraved saying "Tiger Stadium - 1912-2009" or something like that...also considered having a similar message engraved directly into the brick. I have a hockey puck case full of dirt from the last game that I've considered coupling with the brick for a bigger display piece, but I'd like others opinions before I make any decisions.

This is an extremely sentimental piece for me, and will never leave my collection. I'm not interested in trying to set it in an effort to sell it later, I just want this thing to look great for me! So, please, start throwing ideas at me!! THANK YOU!!

earlywynnfan
12-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I think having it directly engraved onto the piece would be really cool, as long as it's brief and simple.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

mariner_gamers
12-14-2009, 08:03 PM
How about a shadowbox/panoramic picture of Tigers Stadium combo. The stadium on top the brick centered beneath it with a little engraved note below that. I would have it done as one whole piece. You could go really crazy and add a few auto'd balls on either side of the paver or signed 8x10's of Tiger greats.

grenda12
12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
What size is it?

For my Comiskey brick, I have display that is meant for the diecast cars. Search for diecast display on eBay.

Copa
12-14-2009, 09:58 PM
The brick is about 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches...the diecast display would be amazing, but since it's square, I don't think it will fit...BUMMER!

grenda12
12-14-2009, 10:10 PM
The brick is about 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches...the diecast display would be amazing, but since it's square, I don't think it will fit...BUMMER!

Check the sizes of the displays. Mine measures 9 1/4" x 4 1/4"(thats from what the brick sits on it the top of the case)

joelsabi
12-15-2009, 12:15 AM
shadow box with a ticket from the final game at tiger stadium and other ticket of games you went to.

joelsabi
12-15-2009, 12:17 AM
i bet you can get a game ball from the last game too.

Vintagedeputy
12-15-2009, 12:22 AM
...the demolition crew had boarded up the large iron gates, but I was able to reach through and grab one of these brick pavers...

To borrow from an old adage - Display it like you stole it!