PDA

View Full Version : Pujols Game Used Jersey MLB Auctions

Rboitano
12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I am no expert on jerseys, but I thought allmost all Pujols jerseys should have a straight hem.

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=111588901&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=111935611

allstarsplus
12-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Not sure about the straight hem, but I don't like that the jersey doesn't appear to have a MLB hologram. Also those Cardinals letters can be color photocopied so hopefully the jersey ends up with someone who will keep it.

STLHAMMER32
12-11-2009, 11:59 PM
I am no expert on jerseys, but I thought allmost all Pujols jerseys should have a straight hem.

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=111588901&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=111935611

I think Albert, if he knows that he won't have the jersey long, keeps it this way....shirt off the back day for instance.

rj_lucas
12-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I asked the Pat Daly with the Cardinals about this jersey and here's what he said:

-------------------

All I can tell you is that the clubhouse guys tell me that this is a
game-used Pujols jersey and that's good enough for me so our COA states
that it is a game-used jersey. I don't know anything about tail-less
Pujols jerseys. I've been here over three years and only known Pettini
and Oquendo to alter there jerseys in that way. None of the Pujols
jerseys I've received from the clubhouse and sold as game-used ever had
the tails removed and there has never been a question about it.

I have no idea when it might have been worn. I do not see any obvious
signs of wear. I would recommend that if you are the least bit skittish
about it then I would urge you not to jump into the bidding as I would
not want to have a dissatisfied customer after the fact.

Patrick K. Daly
Manager, Retail Operations
St. Louis Cardinals L.L.C.

-------------------

Thought I'd pass those comments along...

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

legaleagle92481
12-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Eh, not exactely a ringing endorsement from the Cards for this item.

Rboitano
12-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Im thinking the same thing leagleagle!

Birdbats
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
For the most part, the Cardinals don't put holograms on their jerseys, so I wouldn't use that as criteria to rule out a Cardinals shirt.

On this particular jersey, I believe it's probably an extra Pujols ordered to give away. I've been told Albert typically buys up to two dozen extra jerseys each season -- identical to his gamers except with the athletic cut -- that he gives away or trades. This one must have been left over after the season ended. It's a good bet Albert's gamers went home with him.

Every legit post-2001 jersey I've seen of Albert's has the straight hem or is cut off (excluding TBC, JOTB and other special occasion jerseys which could have tails).

murfsteve25
12-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Last i checked, the bid for that jersey was over $3,600 i think. So it's possible that this shirt is none other than a genuwine "extra"? If so, sucks for whoever shelled out for it.

rj_lucas
12-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Final sale price was $7340. Same jersey, but signed by Albert, was auctioned for $1500 at the Pujols Family Foundation Christmas event two weeks ago.

The MLB auction was not even for Cardinals Care, so the money will not be going to help people in need. Just seems particularly sad the week before Christmas.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

legaleagle92481
12-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Final sale price was $7340. Same jersey, but signed by Albert, was auctioned for $1500 at the Pujols Family Foundation Christmas event two weeks ago.

The MLB auction was not even for Cardinals Care, so the money will not be going to help people in need. Just seems particularly sad the week before Christmas.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Well the Cards need every penny they can get to bring back Holiday and lock up Albert to an extension. This auction will pay for about one Holiday at bat. All kidding aside I agree with you that it is a shame. Teams make enough money at least give the money made off of game used items to charity.

shoremen44
12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
This auction will pay for about one Holiday at bat

Actually... Holliday is reported to be getting a deal worth $16.5 Million a year...

He has averaged 462 AB's per year in his MLB career... at the new contract thats $35,714.29 an at bat...

The Auction would pay for 1/5 of an ab... so enough for him to step up to the plate and take one pitch... then leave....lol

legaleagle92481
12-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Actually... Holliday is reported to be getting a deal worth $16.5 Million a year...

He has averaged 462 AB's per year in his MLB career... at the new contract thats $35,714.29 an at bat...

The Auction would pay for 1/5 of an ab... so enough for him to step up to the plate and take one pitch... then leave....lol

I know this is offtopic but the Pujols bat you have on ebay is amazing!