PDA

View Full Version : For everyone in the Atlanta area...

kylehess10
12-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Andruw Jones & Otis Nixon will be signing autographs tomorrow for only $10 each (you can get as many as you want) at a fundraiser for Peachtree Ridge High School from 10am til 1pm. Andruw Jones signings used to be atleast $100 back in his Braves days, so I'm shocked to see he's actually signing for $10. Here's the address:

1555 Old Peachtree Road, Suwanee, Georgia 30024

kylehess10
12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Also....I have a few full-resolution high quality images of Andruw (in Texas and Atlanta uniforms) and if anybody is attending the signing, I'll send them the files for free so you can get them printed in time for tomorrow.

legaleagle92481
12-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Yeah Andruw kind of fell off the map. He was an awesome player though, few played centerfield like he did in his prime. Wish I lived near Georgia that is a good price for a guy with all those homers and gold gloves. I paid $50 for one on Ebay right when he signed with the Dodgers a couple of years ago.

ChrisWinsalways
12-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Kyle this maybe a little too late anyway you can drop a braves file in my email.I know you take great pictures so just send one you like..Thanks in advance..Chris cwestm6262@aol.com

coxfan
12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Andruw was great at signing for free at spring training, interacting pleasantly with fans while doing so. We got his auto at 2005 spring training, the year he went on to lead the Braves to their 14th straight division title. That record proved quite important when the Yankees pulled up a year short, with 13 straight playoff qualifications before their steak was broken in 2008.

Andruw finished #2 in MVP voting in 2005. Thus, Braves fans owe him a lot even if some have short memories. And for those few who try to claim that the strike year of 1994 broke the Braves' streak, I'd point out that the Braves were leading for the wild card when the strike started. So if you're going to "count" 1994, you'd therefore have to make it 15 straight for the Braves.

kylehess10
12-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I just got back from the signing. Andruw is by far one of the nicest athletes I have ever met. The line was VERY short. Probably only 50 people in there. Andruw asked everyone what marker they wanted him to use and where specifically they wanted him to sign their item. He also took pictures with everyone. He personalized my photo "To Kyle, All The Best, Andruw Jones". Andruw will be signing until 1pm, so whoever is in the Suwanee area better get over there fast!

ChrisWinsAlways - I went ahead and sent the pics to your e-mail early this morning.