PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good weg hosting site

JasonBanz
12-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I am looking for a good web hosting site to put my items on. Any suggestions?

kylehess10
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I use freewebs (now called "webs"). The premium version is only $4.75 a month and they also have a free version. They offer domain names for cheap too if you desire one.

www.webs.com (http://www.webs.com)

shoremen44
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I use freewebs (now called "webs"). The premium version is only $4.75 a month and they also have a free version. They offer domain names for cheap too if you desire one.

I use them too... pretty easy to manipulate

TriplexXxSports
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I do mine through yahoo and it's under $9 a month which includes your domain name. I have been using yahoo for my site for years and have always been pleased. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Check out what yahoo has done for me - click the link in my sig!

JasonBanz
12-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks guys! I'm cheap, so I may just go with the free one :)

platinum1
12-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I do mine through yahoo and it's under $9 a month which includes your domain name. I have been using yahoo for my site for years and have always been pleased. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Check out what yahoo has done for me - click the link in my sig!
Hey Triplexxx was it easy to setup? Thanks

TriplexXxSports
12-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey Triplexxx was it easy to setup? Thanks

Very Easy. The way that I did mine is I designed my own background in MS PAINT, used my logo, and I did the TriplexXxSorts page heading using Word Art in MS Word. You can also use a pre-designed template but they are pretty lame.

I started on a blank page, uploaded my background, TriplexXxSports header, and logo. It is very easy to resize your images to fit just right. You do not need to resize them before hand which is a huge bonus if you have a lot of items as I did. Now you have a template.

Once you make one page, or a template, you just copy and paste those images and background from page to page.

Inserting text is also very easy. Select "insert text" type it up, select the font and there you go. You can resize the text boxes just as you did the images that you use.

There are a few more details, but to answer you question with a short answer - YES it is very easy to set up.

You can also put a logo next to you site when it comes up in a browser. (i.e. look at your address bar now. It says "www.gameuseduniverse........." To the left of the web address you see a piece of paper that is folded in the upper right hand corner. See it?

Yahoo allows you to download an image of your choice to replace that piece of paper. I used my logo for mine.

Another small thing that I think is important is when someone goes to your web address is yahoo allows you to change the title from "index." to what ever you want to name your site. This will be displayed in the browser tab. Once again, if you look at the tab above this site it says "Game Used Forums - ...." If you go to mine you will see that it is "TriplexXxSports"

A small perk, but it adds to the professionalism. If you are seriously thinking about using yahoo. I would be happy to walk you through the process, step by step.

platinum1
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Very Easy. The way that I did mine is I designed my own background in MS PAINT, used my logo, and I did the TriplexXxSorts page heading using Word Art in MS Word. You can also use a pre-designed template but they are pretty lame.

I started on a blank page, uploaded my background, TriplexXxSports header, and logo. It is very easy to resize your images to fit just right. You do not need to resize them before hand which is a huge bonus if you have a lot of items as I did. Now you have a template.

Once you make one page, or a template, you just copy and paste those images and background from page to page.

Inserting text is also very easy. Select "insert text" type it up, select the font and there you go. You can resize the text boxes just as you did the images that you use.

There are a few more details, but to answer you question with a short answer - YES it is very easy to set up.

You can also put a logo next to you site when it comes up in a browser. (i.e. look at your address bar now. It says "www.gameuseduniverse........." To the left of the web address you see a piece of paper that is folded in the upper right hand corner. See it?

Yahoo allows you to download an image of your choice to replace that piece of paper. I used my logo for mine.

Another small thing that I think is important is when someone goes to your web address is yahoo allows you to change the title from "index." to what ever you want to name your site. This will be displayed in the browser tab. Once again, if you look at the tab above this site it says "Game Used Forums - ...." If you go to mine you will see that it is "TriplexXxSports"

A small perk, but it adds to the professionalism. If you are seriously thinking about using yahoo. I would be happy to walk you through the process, step by step.
Thanks TripleXXX Im going to give it a shot

TriplexXxSports
12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks TripleXXX Im going to give it a shot

E-mail me or call me if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

JasonBanz
12-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok, so I tried webs.com and its totally confusing the heck out of me. I'm not very good at that stuff, so I may just have to use photobucket!