PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Item

joelsabi
12-09-2009, 12:25 AM
What is you least favorite item in your collection? Why do you still have it?

stradermays
12-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Joe Morgan Game Used Bat with tons of use. I am not a Morgan fan, but respect him for what he did on the field, therefore I've kept the item. He's like Jason Kidd to me, numbers are great, but I just don't get it.

legaleagle92481
12-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Mark Mcgwire, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds and Rafeal Palermiro baseballs. i still have them because I paid a mint for them and these days if I got 20% of what I paid I would be lucky.

suave1477
12-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Same thing as stradermays

2007 (Championship season) David Ortiz Red Sox heavy Game Used bat steiner and mlb authenticated (Autographed & Inscribed Game Used 2007)

Have to respect the man for being such a clutch powerhouse for the Sox , but hate him because he was a Yankee killer.

godwulf
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I actually have nothing against this player, but there are some items of his that I own that just don't fit into my collection, and exactly why I bought them in the first place is kind of a mystery to me.

I happened upon an auction for R.J. Reynolds' high school letter jacket. It's actually pretty cool looking, with his name embroidered on the back, and even some old rally buttons still pinned on to it. From the same Seller, I got one of Reynolds' game-worn Pirates batting helmets. I missed out on Reynolds' Japanese Gold Glove award. (This stuff I suspect came from Reynolds, himself, originally, because of the jacket and the trophy.) I then picked up a couple of his game-used bats to add to this display-that-never-happened.

As neat as it is to have a former Major Leaguer's high school jacket - I mean, how often does something like that pop up? - like I said, it just doesn't fit into my collecting interests at present.

dirtyla2000
12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Mark Mcgwire, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds and Rafeal Palermiro baseballs. i still have them because I paid a mint for them and these days if I got 20% of what I paid I would be lucky.
I feel your pain,I have those same crappy balls, 1500.00 invested all together!

Lokee
12-09-2009, 03:36 PM
meh good question. Mine would be a Mike Komisarek gamer from his Rookie season in Montreal. He is now a Maple Laugh I mean Leaf.

bigtruck260
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Not long ago, I sold some stuff from a Stan Musial collection I was starting...

Stan is a great guy to collect, and one of the best ever, but this item was odd, and I only picked it up because it was cheap. They were wall certificates from AAA to Stan's restauraunt Biggies from the early 1980's. They had no sigs on them, etc. and were very smoke stained. Never had a place for them.

I guess I have some game used cards that at one time booked pretty high - and now are worth pennies...if that. Man, what a gruesome hit I took there.