PDA

View Full Version : Questions On Odd Inner Wash-Tag and Consistency Tagging

Instanton
12-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Hello everyone,
An acquaintance of mine obtained a Cameron autographed jersey with a peculiar inner wash-tag. It seems the tag does not have the xx00/00xx code. Now, it's not that the tag was cut-off but it seems that there simply was no room. However, on the back the description "Inspected by 9" is clearly printed. Can this Cameron (Brewers) jersey be more than a retail authentic? Which follows to the next question: How consistent are the Brewers with all team-issued jerseys, tagging wise (e.g., collar tagging).

The jersey doesn't have any special tagging, or anything that might give way to being team-issued, with the exception of this peculiar wash-tag. Thanks for any help.

My questions, again:

- Is it possible that some jerseys -legtimately - don't have the inventory/retail code printed?

- What is the significance of "Inspected by 9," and would it aid in concluding whether it is team-issued?

- How consistent are the Brewers with all their jersey's tagging (GU and TI jerseys)?

Thanks, again, for any help.

mattmueller
12-06-2009, 08:12 AM
The Brewers are very consistent with their tagging - they all have strip tagging in the neck. Not sure of origination of your friend's jersey, but the lack of strip tagging means it was almost certainly not from the Brewer team.

I am not sure on the other two questions. The thing I have learned is that anything is possible with wash tags, especially for retail jerseys. I have never seen a jersey with an inspection note on a tag. Either way, those are moot points given the lack of strip tagging.

Hope that helps, sorry the news isn't better for your friend.

Matt

sox83cubs84
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
The only variances from the typical codes I have seen on Majestic gamers are:

2000 White Sox, Brewers, Cubs and Blue Jays, which were subcontracted to Wilson and carry no notataion, and:

Recent Majestic Turn Back The Clock gamers, with a code of TB62 instead of 0062.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Instanton
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I see. Well, thank you very much for the input.