PDA

View Full Version : Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

3arod13
12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Is this the bat he used to hit his 2,500 hit? Or a bat used in that game?

ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-USED-BAT-2-500-HIT-YANKEES_W0QQitemZ290377744516QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439bdcc084

Auction: This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Hologram number LH713714 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT BAL
Session Date: September 02, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

Regards, Tony

3arod13
12-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Is this the bat he used to hit his 2,500 hit? Or a bat used in that game?

ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-USED-BAT-2-500-HIT-YANKEES_W0QQitemZ290377744516QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439bdcc084

Auction: This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Hologram number LH713714 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT BAL
Session Date: September 02, 2009
Autographer:
Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

Regards, Tony

They need to do a better job in their descriptions. Shouldn't be questionable. Should be very specific.

metsbats
12-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I agree Tony. It's open to alot of intepretations.

I think it's also interesting that the bat is dated 6/24/2009 and used in 9/2/09. It would be interesting to know what dates HB sent Arod bats and if they sent all his bats in July 2009 and none leading up to Sept. (which would explain the June birth date being used in Sept).

joelsabi
12-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Tony,

This is the third bat that they have sold on Ebay where the description did no give the bat a full 100% endorsement. I would ask for the reading of the COA.

HR 535
“THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
“This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

and now

HIT 2500
This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Regards,

Joel

joelsabi
12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Tony,

This is the third bat that they have sold on Ebay where the description did no give the bat a full 100% endorsement. I would ask for the reading of the COA.

HR 535
“THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
“This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

and now

HIT 2500
This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Regards,

Joel

oh. base on the results of the HR 562 that was discussed here, i doubt it was the bat used to hit his 2500 career hit.

joelsabi
12-05-2009, 04:57 PM
oh. base on the results of the HR 562 that was discussed here, i doubt it was the bat used to hit his 2500 career hit.

maybe it could be. the HR 562 bat was the bat the boitaino found discrepancy with circular date stamp on it. that bat had no reserve and the description on mlb authentication had no description of being the bat used as a homerun bat. at least this one has a description on MLB autheticated for 2500 hit.

and they arent giving it away at 10K. So maybe it is.

The seller needs to do a better job when endorsing their product.

3arod13
12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
maybe it could be. the HR 562 bat was the bat the boitaino found discrepancy with circular date stamp on it. that bat had no reserve and the description on mlb authentication had no description of being the bat used as a homerun bat. at least this one has a description on MLB autheticated for 2500 hit.

and they arent giving it away at 10K. So maybe it is.

The seller needs to do a better job when endorsing their product.

Joel,

If it was the bat, it should read:

Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HIT (NOT "HAD HIT") 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

They have to be specific (exact) in their description. Especially MLB.

Regards, Tony

sctizzle
12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Here is a screen shot of the hit...looks like there is a huge white mark next to the LS logo...can't tell from the sellers pix if it is on the bat, but maybe someone who is interested can ask the seller...

http://i46.tinypic.com/55i5pl.jpg

Bondsgloves
12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Tony - just checking to see if you have photomatched your first grandslam bat? It maybe the only way to protect your arod investments, because I think more and more of these inscriptions are misleading and educated buyers may have second thoughts in the future. Like the 1996 All Star grey flannel auction jersey, the auction house has in the description this is the 2nd 1996 Allstar game gameworn jersey to be auctioned signed by Arod as game worn. I would of bid on that jersey but there is to much doubt and would hate to invest so much in an item that I'm not 100% certain.

joelsabi
12-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Joel,

If it was the bat, it should read:

Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HIT (NOT "HAD HIT") 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

They have to be specific (exact) in their description. Especially MLB.

Regards, Tony

Tony,

I go along with what you said. If you look at other items from that day, you get several baseballs. You can see the specific descriptions that you allude to. Notice the change from the actual 2500 ball compare to a baseball used from that game.

LH LH713690
ALEX RODRIGUEZ'S 2,500TH CAREER HIT BALL--BERKEN PITCH TO RODRIGUEZ, TOP OF 5TH, BALL HIT TO CENTER

LH 713691 thru LH 713714
Additional Information: BALL USED IN GAME THAT ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT

joelsabi
12-06-2009, 12:56 AM
LH 713691 thru LH 713714
Additional Information: BALL USED IN GAME THAT ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT

Correction LH 713691-713711 only

3arod13
12-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Tony - just checking to see if you have photomatched your first grandslam bat? It maybe the only way to protect your arod investments, because I think more and more of these inscriptions are misleading and educated buyers may have second thoughts in the future. Like the 1996 All Star grey flannel auction jersey, the auction house has in the description this is the 2nd 1996 Allstar game gameworn jersey to be auctioned signed by Arod as game worn. I would of bid on that jersey but there is to much doubt and would hate to invest so much in an item that I'm not 100% certain.

Yes, I will be researching this bat, as I did the Rawlings. It's more difficult to find videos and pictures from 1996, than it is today.

I contacted Seattle Mariners, Detroit Tigers, MLB Media, TV stations in Seattle, with no luck of finding a video of the that game on 18 April 1996. Arod has a video clip on his website (www.arod.com (http://www.arod.com)) which shows him hitting the Grand Slam, but you can't see details in the bat. I do have a close-up picture of him hitting the grand slam, but it's in motion of him hitting it, so it's blurry. Does look like the end is cupped, so that's a positive sign.

Knowing that Juan has been friends with Arod since 1994, and the bat was given to Juan as a gift from Arod back in 1996, and the fact Juan has had it in his collection since then, gives me some comfort. But, as with the Rawlings bat, and the history of errors with Arod stuff, I have to know for sure, for my own piece of mind.

The inscription is from 1996, and pretty detailed (specific), so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
12-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes, I will be researching this bat, as I did the Rawlings. It's more difficult to find videos and pictures from 1996, than it is today.

I contacted Seattle Mariners, Detroit Tigers, MLB Media, TV stations in Seattle, with no luck of finding a video of the that game on 18 April 1996. Arod has a video clip on his website (www.arod.com (http://www.arod.com)) which shows him hitting the Grand Slam, but you can't see details in the bat. I do have a close-up picture of him hitting the grand slam, but it's in motion of him hitting it, so it's blurry. Does look like the end is cupped, so that's a positive sign.

Knowing that Juan has been friends with Arod since 1994, and the bat was given to Juan as a gift from Arod back in 1996, and the fact Juan has had it in his collection since then, gives me some comfort. But, as with the Rawlings bat, and the history of errors with Arod stuff, I have to know for sure, for my own piece of mind.

The inscription is from 1996, and pretty detailed (specific), so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Regards, Tony

$250 to anyone who can help me research and authenticate the grand slam bat.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
12-06-2009, 10:02 AM
$250 to anyone who can help me research and authenticate the grand slam bat.

Regards, Tony

Sorry, meant "Photomatch" vice "authenticate."

joelsabi
12-07-2009, 03:35 AM

i think its a short sighted to make a statement that photomatching is the only way for tony to protect his investment on this grandslam bat. based on where it comes from, how it was obtained, and chain of exchange from rodriguez-iglesias-baldwin , i dont see how this could not be THE grandslam bat.

if anything photomatching would be icing on the cake for such a sweet item.

3arod13
12-07-2009, 03:56 AM
i think its a short sighted to make a statement that photomatching is the only way for tony to protect his investment on this grandslam bat. based on where it comes from, how it was obtained, and chain of exchange from rodriguez-iglesias-baldwin , i dont see how this could not be THE grandslam bat.

Joel, exactly. I'm confortable with where and who the bat came from. Definately much better than buying it from someone, who bought it from some, who bought it from somone, etc.

Players do give bats, like this ones, to family members or close friends, which Juan is. So doubting or questioning Juan is totally out of the question. Heck, he's a players agent. How sweet is that!

Regards, Tony

CollectGU
12-07-2009, 09:09 AM

Players do give bats, like this ones, to family members or close friends, which Juan is. So doubting or questioning Juan is totally out of the question. Heck, he's a players agent. How sweet is that!

Regards, Tony

I think it's more people doubting Arod's ability to accurately tag his stuff than doubting Juan...

Dave

3arod13
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I think it's more people doubting Arod's ability to accurately tag his stuff than doubting Juan...

Dave

Agree. I've done a lot of reseach and can honestly say, it's more the people around Arod, than Arod himself. However, he shouldn't trust anyone or sign anything that he's not sure about himself.

Regards, Tony

legaleagle92481
12-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Wow MLB really screwed this seller with that description. If this is not the bat that was used for 2,500 this seller is seriously deluded. The seller is charging almost 10 grand for it with no best offer option. 2,500 hits is not such a milestone that a bat other than the bat he actually used would command anywhere near that price. On Arod's own team two other players have or will shortly have 2,500 hits (Jeter and Damon is under a 100 away assuming he resigns). Arod assuming he does not suffer a devasting, career altering injury will finish with well over 3,000 hits (it is very possible that because he is only 34 and his massive contract has many years left on it that he ends up with over 3,500 hits) and when he does who would care about a bat used in his 2,500 game but not for the 2,500 hit?

Bondsgloves
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM

You have to be kidding! Arod has misinscribed numerous items and the chain of exchange is Arod -middle man- consumer. No doubt Juan is a class act (I don't doubt anything he says). But if Tony was to sell the bat, If the buyer is going to spend a ton of $, a photomatch would be concrete proof. I guess what I'm saying is the inscription isn't as trust worthy.I believe this is the real deal, but a photomatch would be sweet!

joelsabi
12-07-2009, 12:33 PM
You have to be kidding! Arod has misinscribed numerous items and the chain of exchange is Arod -middle man- consumer. No doubt Juan is a class act (I don't doubt anything he says). But if Tony was to sell the bat, If the buyer is going to spend a ton of $, a photomatch would be concrete proof. I guess what I'm saying is the inscription isn't as trust worthy.I believe this is the real deal, but a photomatch would be sweet!

As long as Tony has the letter of transfer from Juan, I do not see any problem in the future sale of this item. I think it's important to take into the account the trustworthiness of the source of the item.

3arod13
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM

You're correct! Arod has misinscribed numerous game used items, which is truly sad.

Photomatching is great. If you can find it. Not everything can be photomatched. The early, the more difficult. Today, it's much easier.

With that said, and without a photomatch, I trust this bat more than any other without a photomatch.

This bat was given directly to Juan by Arod, which has been in Juan's collection since 1996. Juan is and has been a sports agent for more than 20 years. Juan has known Arod since 1994. This bat went from Arod, to Juan, to me. Pretty sweet. But as you stated, a photomatch would be even sweeter.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
12-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I contcted MLB Authentication (authentication@website.mlb.com) and they confirmed this is the bat Arod used to hit #2,500.

According to the authenticator that hologram is from the bat that Alex Rodriguez used for his 2,500th hit.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
MLB Authentication