PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Jersey You Want That You Have Never Even Seen For Sale!

dirtyla2000
12-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Why Can T I Find A Warren Cromartie Jersey For Sale,ever!

Sincityson
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
There actually might have been one in the classicauctions Expo auction they had earlier in 2008, there was a lot of older Expos jeresys up for sale.

It's likely some of his earlier Expos jerseys were recycled, or used in the minors. Not sure about his Japanese leauge jerseys and there may have been only 2 or so when he played for KC. Keep looking, I'm sure one will come around..

sCs

gingi79
12-03-2009, 06:07 PM
My collection is focused around two guys right now. Here are the "missing links" I have never seen for sale:

Sami Salo played 5 games for the Detroit Vipers in the old IHL. He wore one white jersey for 2 games and one purple shirt for 3 games. I own the white one, but have never seen, heard or know of the purple one ever being in the hobby. It may have been recycled. So if you ever see a purple #32 Vipers jersey with the DC patch, please lmk!

Matt Diaz came up with the Rays and went to the Royals before coming to the Braves. I am hoping to get all of his Rays shirts soon but while I own almost every style of Braves (just need a blue) I have never seen or heard about any Diaz Royals shirts.

If you have a lead on either of these (or any Sami Salo shirts) I am offering rewards if I obtain one with your help!

BoneRubbedBat
12-03-2009, 06:14 PM
any Houston Buffs jerseys (Houston's minor league team from 18?? through 1961).

dirtyla2000
12-03-2009, 06:31 PM
There actually might have been one in the classicauctions Expo auction they had earlier in 2008, there was a lot of older Expos jeresys up for sale.

It's likely some of his earlier Expos jerseys were recycled, or used in the minors. Not sure about his Japanese leauge jerseys and there may have been only 2 or so when he played for KC. Keep looking, I'm sure one will come around.

sCs
I PICKED UP 7 JERSEYS FROM THAT AUCTION, NO CRO WAS AVAILABLE!

Ozric
12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Craig Krenzel - former Buckeye great that played with the Bears and Bengals for only a few seasons. I have never seen one of his jerseys for sale ever. I asked him at a recent event and he said he that kept a home and a road jersey from each team he played with. It appears they might not have had any backups made for him. $1,000 for anyone that has one and wants to sell it...

Thanks,

Tim

metsbats
12-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Ed Hearn 1986 Home jersey.

perlman9
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tim
That sounds like another Buckeye in Tito Paul. He is a friend and seemed to keep his helmet and jerseys and have never seen one for sale. I have a Cardinals issued he signed and gave me when he was still there and his Ohio State jersey, but never seen a pro jersey. Weird since he played with the Bengals, Redskins, Broncos and Cardinals

nomarmauerfan
12-03-2009, 07:39 PM
John Jefferson-San Diego Chargers jersey. My favorite football player of all time.

Mike

GameBats
12-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Bobby Nystrom early 80's Islanders.

staindsox
12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
A 1930s-1950s St. Paul Saints (American Association) jersey.

Ozric
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Tim
That sounds like another Buckeye in Tito Paul. He is a friend and seemed to keep his helmet and jerseys and have never seen one for sale. I have a Cardinals issued he signed and gave me when he was still there and his Ohio State jersey, but never seen a pro jersey. Weird since he played with the Bengals, Redskins, Broncos and Cardinals

Yeah, it's funny how sometimes these types of player jerseys can just never be found. I really never thought it would be this hard, but it really does appear that Krenzel must have kept all of his game worn jerseys. I know he collects his own stuff as I had the chance to talk with him this past year and he had some neat stories to tell including how he was able to keep his national championship jersey through some trickery. He told me that they had no intentions of giving him his own jersey and they tried to confiscate it after the game... They even confronted him about it as well from what he said...

perlman9
12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
You would think as hard as those players worked for that and not getting paid, letting them keep their jersey from the game would be a nice gesture frobm the university. I don't think there is a rule as Tito got to keep one jersey a year, his choice of Scarlett or White. I have his Scarlett.

jdr3
12-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Redskins 1970/71 home jersey made by Rawlings with the fat gold stripes.

yankees159
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Cool thread! Since I collect Dave Kingman and Graig Nettles items I would love to find:

Kingman Yankees Jersey
Kingman Angels Jersey
Nettles Indians Jersey
Nettles Braves Jersey

That's all I need to have a jersey from every team Kingman and Nettles played for.

Any help please contact Tjwinnie@aol.com

Thanks!

kylehess10
12-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Matt Diaz came up with the Rays and went to the Royals before coming to the Braves. I am hoping to get all of his Rays shirts soon but while I own almost every style of Braves (just need a blue) I have never seen or heard about any Diaz Royals shirts.

I haven't even seen any Rays or Royals jerseys of his. Sometimes it's hard to remember he even played for them! You should be able to get his 2009 blue alternate once the Braves send out their new game used list within the next week or two. I'm guessing prices will be high first, as usual.

murfsteve25
12-03-2009, 09:50 PM
From the 95 Braves team, I never see any of the players jerseys show up except for a few key players. Wouldnt mind comming across a nice McMichael, Lemke, Blauser, Torasco...guys like that.

UGA-1
12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Terry Hoage UGA jersey or a white away Herschel Walker UGA jersey.

geoff
12-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Adam Jones Orioles Jersey.I have not seen One yet.I know its early And he has many more Years of Playing Ball.A Jersey would go Great with all The Other Adam Jones Items I Own.

Thanks
Geoff

jobathenut
12-04-2009, 03:06 AM
My brother is a huge troy riddle fan.He played his high school and college hockey in minnesota and he has followed his career ever since.And troy plays in the minor leagues and had made a career out of it.He has been on several teams and spent last season in austeria.My brother even has a web site dedicated to him that troys family used last season to follow him.Anyway i always wanted to get a game used jersey (or anything) for my brother but have yet to find anything.I have even contacted the great milt the man and still no luck.:(

jobathenut
12-04-2009, 03:11 AM
And for myself i have always wanted to find a butch wynegar twins jersey from when he played not managed.Also the jersey that surprises me you don't see a ton of his dennis rodman with the bulls.I mean he took off and gave jerseys every home game the market should be flooded with them.And shoes also as he gave them away after games.And for you nolan ryna fans,what ever happen to the famous "bloody lip" jersey? And finally team usa 1980 hockey jerseys,i have never seen one of them out there.

VERIS#60
12-04-2009, 03:29 AM
I have never seen the New England Patriots Garin Veris #60 red jersey he is wearing on his 1986 Topps rookie card. Any jersey would be great, but I have never seen this one for sale. I am always looking to buy game used items and the old Patriots are very rare. Nice thread with some interesting comments!

34swtns
12-04-2009, 07:28 AM
ANY Ronde Barber Buccaneers jersey.
There were a couple in recent NFL auctions.....one wasn't game used, the other one was and had the pink captain's patch and went for a mint.

dcgreg25
12-04-2009, 10:03 AM
As far as baseball jerseys I want but have never seen for sale it would be Indians jerseys of the following:

David Justice
Alex Cole
Julio Franco
Brook Jacoby
Orel Hershiser
Candy Maldonado
Doug Jones
Jack McDowell

Also, I have not seen any Kenny Lofton jerseys from the Giants, Pirates or Dodgers. These are a few of the teams I am looking for to round out my Lofton collection.

BoneRubbedBat
12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Jobathenut,

There is a Riddle jersey for sale on Meigray's site. It is a 2007-8 Houston Aeros jersey.

legaleagle92481
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Geoff,

Try Rich Altman at Hollywood Collectibles website www.hollywoodcollectibles.com (http://www.hollywoodcollectibles.com) he is Adam Jones' exclusive memorabilia agent and he could probably get you one. I have bought alot from him over the years he is one of the best in the business and a really nice guy.

As for mine I would say a legit Pujols or Mauer would love to see one of those, I have seen quite a few bats but never a jersey. Or a Dan Marino or Patrick Ewing. There are others i would love to have but I have seen most of them even if they are too pricy for me to actually buy.

both-teams-played-hard
12-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Any jersey from the Pittsburgh Pisces...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8889/fishsaved3yi91.jpg

ironmanfan
12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd like to find a St. Patrick's Day uniform from any Baltimore Orioles player OTHER than Cal Ripken Jr. ;)

2000mvpfan
12-04-2009, 05:34 PM
..Giambi's black Oakland alternate jersey from the 2000 season.Great looking jersey from the MVP year..

Joe

dcrules01
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Doug Flynn home Mets and Reds jersey

Joel Youngblood home Mets, Reds,Expos jersey
Pat Zachary home Mets and Reds jersey

Paul Wilson Mets jersey

bigtime59
12-04-2009, 10:31 PM
1991 Orioles orange alternate.

iceman13
12-04-2009, 10:56 PM

I have a Cromartie game used hat from the Expos.

4cuda9er
12-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Like to find a GU Fernando Tatis, #11 98 Cardinals jersey. He apparently used this jersey number prior to switching to #23...

jobathenut
12-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Bonerubbedbat-Really?,thanks -I will go on there and see how much they want for it.I appreciate that-:)
Jobathenut,

There is a Riddle jersey for sale on Meigray's site. It is a 2007-8 Houston Aeros jersey.

jobathenut
12-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Bonerubbedbat-I just went on there.WOW-they sure want alot of a minor league player.$395 and $325 to me is alot for a player like riddle.But i am sure that's a good price for a game used hockey jersey.Thanks again for telling me about it.I wish i had the money to buy that for my brother.:)
Jobathenut,

dcrules01
12-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Joba Meigray is having there Christmas sale right now.That jersey is 50% off right now.The sale is to I believe the 23rd of this month..Hope that helps.

geoff
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for The Heads up.I will check out Rich Altmans Site.

jobathenut
12-06-2009, 03:48 AM
dcrules-Thanks for that.:)
Joba Meigray is having there Christmas sale right now.That jersey is 50% off right now.The sale is to I believe the 23rd of this month..Hope that helps.

thestork7
12-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I'd love to find more jerseys from the Billy Crystal film 61*, on the Mantle/Maris homerun chase. The only one I've seen...I already own. The Moose Skowron road jersey.

russyurk
12-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Pretty much any Jim Abbott jersey from any team. I've actually seen two, maybe three over time but for a guy that played 10 years it has been a needle in a hay stack. I've got a team issued but still waiting for the first gamer.

sctizzle
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Thestork--email me as my dad has the mantle jersey and I think pants/socks and the helmet from the movie...

Scott sjnyr@aol.com