PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Hologram And Letterhead Questions

jetersbatboy
11-27-2009, 11:15 PM
I am interested in a 2005 Steiner jersey but it comes with a older Steiner hologram. The oval shaped hologram with no game used notation and number. Its kind of a big ticket item some I want to make sure all thew facts are straight before I make a offer.

Can anyone clarify what year in specific theses oval holograms where used?

Where theses sticker without the game used notation used only on auto items or on both game used and auto?

What year did they stop using the round steiner holograms?

Would the letterhead style for 05 look like the picture I posted of the Jeter hat and Bernie bat letter?

Also did steiner place holograms on stock items before sale? An if it did not sell in the period of the specific holo, did they just placed the newer hologram next to the old one? Like in the picture of the Sheff hat

Thanks Guys any info would be great.

GameBats
11-28-2009, 09:52 AM
A game used jersey from Steiner will have an invisible DNA ink mark. Steiner will be able to check the jersey with a laser light pen.

kingjammy24
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
A game used jersey from Steiner will have an invisible DNA ink mark. Steiner will be able to check the jersey with a laser light pen.

so if all you want to do is verify a jersey, you need to buy the jersey first, ship it to steiner, hope your one-of-a-kind shirt doesn't get lost or stolen in transit, and eventually if it doesn't check out, then hope you get a refund from the seller. A+ steiner. if you see a meigray shirt online and you want to verify it all you need to do is email the unique ID sewn on it to meigray and you'll likely get a response back within a couple of hours. no need to buy anything first, no need to ship anything, no need to wait days or possibly weeks, no need to fight for a refund if the shirt doesn't check out. one of these days steiner is going to leap into the 21st century and its going to be awesome.

scott, from what i understand the steiner docs are created when the jersey is sold, not when it's first taken into inventory. therefore a legit 2005 steiner gamer could have 2005 style docs or 2009 style docs or anything in between. it all depends when it was first sold. from what i've seen there is little rhyme or reason to any of it. i guess the only thing that wouldn't be possible would be for a 2009 jersey to have 2005 style circular generic holograms and 2005 style letterhead.

rudy.

legaleagle92481
11-28-2009, 12:20 PM
While we are on the subject of Steiner, I have a horror story for everyone. A couple of years ago, I saw a Miguel Tejada gamer on Steiner's website in the section devoted to their then partnership with the Mets. I thought it was odd as the only Miguel Tejada I know never played for the Mets. So I contacted my Steiner rep. and asked for details. He told me that the bat was found in the visting team's clubhouse at Shea and that Miguel "must have left it there" when the Orioles (his team at the time) played the Mets and that he had no further details on the bat. Hence they were selling a bat as game used by an allstar player without knowing whether it was used in an actual game rather than BP or despite the name on the label who actually used it. The price reflected this uncertainty. Today there is a bat floating around out there with a legit Steiner letter and hologram claiming that it is game used by Tejada when Steiner has no idea if it was ever used in a game or who used it. That is the value of Steiner right there for you. I used to buy from them but after that experience I will not buy a game used item from them that is not MLB authenticated because if they are that loose with that one item they are with other items.

mbenga28
11-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Steiner's built their reputation. For every one or two customers who vow never to purchase from them again because of their shoddy authentication, another twenty or so new ones come in. No big loss on their part.

GameBats
11-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Rudy,

LOL! I concur.