PDA

View Full Version : Global questions RE Historic Auctions

Eric
06-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey everyone-
I emailed Steve Rocchi at Global Monday afternoon regarding some questions people had about the situation with Historic Auctions. I have not heard back from them, but to those who have been emailing me about it, I wanted you to know I threw it out there. I'll let you all know when I hear something

Here's the email I sent

---------------------------------------------------------------
Date:6/12/2006 12:05:54 P.M.

Hey Steve-

I had a few people ask me questions about the offer to have free authentication for historic authentication items

1) Who would the baseball and football authenticators be?

2) If you are discontinuing the game used division of Global- I assume that means it will close after these authentications for Historic are done

3) If something purchased from Historic does not pass your free inspection, what happens then? Is there some agreement worked out between you and historic?

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon
Eric

ChrisCavalier
06-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Here's the email I sent

---------------------------------------------------------------
Date:6/12/2006 12:05:54 P.M.

Hey Steve-

I had a few people ask me questions about the offer to have free authentication for historic authentication items

1) Who would the baseball and football authenticators be?

2) If you are discontinuing the game used division of Global- I assume that means it will close after these authentications for Historic are done

3) If something purchased from Historic does not pass your free inspection, what happens then? Is there some agreement worked out between you and historic?

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon
Eric
Hello Everyone,

I spoke with Steve Rocchi and am posting the following information on his behalf. Notably, I will post what Steve relayed to me and then add a few of my own personal suggestions for members considering bidding in the auction. Let me start with what Steve told me so it is clearly delineated from my personal suggestions:

1) At the present time, Global Authentication will not be providing authentication services for game used jerseys. This will be announced on the Global website in the next few days.

2) Global will continue offering authentication services for game used bats. The game used bat authentications will be done by Mike Specht.

3) Regarding what will happen if a bat purchased in Historic Auctions does not pass the independent Global authentication process, that decision rests entirely with Historic Auction since Global has no business relationship with them.

Now for my suggestions (please note my suggestions are completely independent of what Steve communicated to me):

1) If you are interested in bidding on an item in Historic Auctions, make your evaluations based on the items themselves and the independent authentications provided by the individual authenticator (be it Brad Wells or whomever). That is, do not associate Global name with any of the authentications done for the auction.

2) If you do buy a game used bat in the auction, you will be able to have that bat independently evaluated by Global Authentications free of charge. However, if you feel Global's independent authentication is necessary for you to feel comfortable with the item, confirm any return policy with Historic Auctions before you make your purchase.

3) If you buy a game used jersey in the auction, you will only get a letter from Historic Auctions and the independent authenticator (Brad Wells or whomever). You should not expect anything else beyond that so take that into account when considering bidding on an item.

Please let me know if that makes it clear to everyone. One of the primary goals of the forum is to help members make informed decisions. I hope this post enables members to do just that.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

radtke
06-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Hello Chris,

I guess my question is the catalog that was sent out has the Michael Vick items (helmet and Jersey) come with a Global LOA. Are they still coming with that authentication?

Eric
06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
They are not coming with Global certs. However, that has not been noted anywhere on Historic's website, and even after Global made that announcement, Historic representatives said items come with Global certs. See this
http://www.historicauctions.com/search/list/auctionid/32823/
Eric

radtke
06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
To Whitney and all Collectors interested in the Michael Vick Game Used items in Historic Auctions:

The Michael Vick Helmet and Jersey in the Historic Auctions is a fake. We are not angry at Michael because we have photo matched the jersey to Getty Images view image #'s 56509744 and 56509725. We posted the jersey on Ebay for you to view item #8832340689. We have nothing to hide. Who do you trust Michael Vick or a "rock solid source"? Mike personally gave the jersey and the helmet to us, signed and dated both with a photo of him holding them up, and signed a letter stating their HIS items. I think I would trust Michael and Getty before purchasing from someone who uses an "impeccable source" as an authenticator. I feel sorry for the people who are going to get ripped off by these fakes.