PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods injured in auto accident

gameused
11-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Watching CNN and they just reported Tiger Woods was injured in a auto accident near his home. Reports his injuries are serious. Praying that he is ok.

Bobby

chakes89
11-27-2009, 03:25 PM
The description of the accident is sketchy at best.

He hit a fire hydrant and then struck a tree at 2am?

And they are saying alcohol wasn't involved?

That doesn't make sense at all.

allstarsplus
11-27-2009, 04:18 PM
The description of the accident is sketchy at best.

He hit a fire hydrant and then struck a tree at 2am?

And they are saying alcohol wasn't involved?

That doesn't make sense at all.

Very strange reports. I read he had facial lacerations and is fine. Hope so!

allstarsplus
11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
ESPN says he has already been released from the hospital.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4693657

Lokee
11-27-2009, 07:08 PM
A police chief in Florida is now saying Tiger Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window to help get him out of the car.

Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor told the AP that Elin Nordegren told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and rushed outside. Saylor says officers found Woods laying in the street with his wife hovering over him.

Saylor says Woods was in and out of consciousness when his officers arrived -- he had cuts on his lips and blood in his mouth.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0Y6lJiCNX

sox83cubs84
11-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Glad to see that Tiger isn't as bad off as early reports indicated. I wasn't a Tiger fan until a few months ago, when a radio host played his speech at Obama's inauguration. Rather than using his speech to blow air kisses at Obama, he spent his entire speaking time pumping up and praising the troops. I gotta admire a man who keeps his priorities in order.

Dave M.
Chicago area

cohibasmoker
11-27-2009, 11:13 PM
A police chief in Florida is now saying Tiger Woods' wife used a golf club to smash out the back window to help get him out of the car.

Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor told the AP that Elin Nordegren told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and rushed outside. Saylor says officers found Woods laying in the street with his wife hovering over him.

Saylor says Woods was in and out of consciousness when his officers arrived -- he had cuts on his lips and blood in his mouth.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0Y6lJiCNX

Let's see, TW is backing out of his driveway - apparently he was traveling pretty fast because, according to reports, he hit a fire hydrant and then a tree. In looking at the photo, where's the tree? Did he drive over the fire hydrant and hit a tree that may be located across the street? What's up with the wife smashing out the rear window with the golf club? One would think the impact from hitting either the fire hydrant and/or the tree would have been enough to knock out the back window. Humn ....

Jim

PS: Maybe Tiger was night-putting with Mitch Cumstein?

kylehess10
11-28-2009, 12:32 AM
From TMZ:

"We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club. "

PK
11-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Something is fishy for sure...reports also say the airbags did not deploy but hit hard enough to get knocked out???

cohibasmoker
11-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Something is fishy for sure...reports also say the airbags did not deploy but hit hard enough to get knocked out???

Rear impact may NOT deploy front compartment airbags but, if he didn't have his seatbelt on, when he hit either the fire hydrant and/or the tree, he may have been thrown forward and his head hit the windshield. Still not getting the wife with the golf club and the rear window scenario.

Jim

otismalibu
11-28-2009, 09:18 AM
He was sneaking out to meet up with Brooke Hundley.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yzBOMx6M1aE/SuXmZ0Up25I/AAAAAAAADiM/fH29L2k0qHI/s320/brooke-hundley1.jpg

mbenga28
11-28-2009, 12:27 PM
The cunt Wood was cheating with lost her fiance when he was killed in the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City. I guess she's one of the few who have forgotten.

suicide_squeeze
11-28-2009, 01:57 PM
When I read the news from day to day.......it just supports my argument that Dec. 21, 2012 is probably for real.

It's obvious everyone has simply lost their minds. Tiger Woods? Probably the most well-known athlete in the World.....cheating on his wife? Wow.

Wow.

If that's true, then it should be understood, for the very last time, that overcoming one's human desire to be human, is more powerful than any status or amount of money on the face of the earth. And that's a sad statement for mankind. That means we all have NO control whatsoever. As a species.

And that explains a LOT. Just listen to the daily news. It just keeps getting worse every day. Here's to hoping Tiger didn't do what has been reported.

Did I say Happy Holidays to everyone??!!

kingjammy24
11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
you guys are way off base on all of this.

"Still not getting the wife with the golf club and the rear window scenario."

what's not to get? upon hearing some commotion outside his wife instinctively grabbed a golf club (those things are the swiss army knives of accident tools) and upon seeing tiger with cuts on his lips she went around to the rear of his escalade suv, smashed out the rear window, jumped through the broken window, crawled through the cargo area, crawled passed by the rear set of seats, reached tiger in the front and saved him! (i'm still working on what she saved him from). how else would you get a driver out of the front seat of a large suv? i suppose if she'd had the foresight to grab a blowtorch instead she could've crawled underneath the vehicle and cut out the undercarriage and removed him from the bottom but then we'd all be sitting here and asking why she didn't just grab a golf club and smash out the rear window. you guys are making like he peeled away at 2:24am with some crazy woman behind him, furiously whirling a golf club, who managed to smash his rear window as he drove away and caused him to have an accident trying to escape her. psh. not likely. as steve implied, tiger is rich and famous and if those two things don't instill enough character in a man to be faithful then nothing will. it's the reason you'll never see guys like michael jordan, kobe bryant, or alex rodriguez get caught having an affair.

as for greg's idea of a midnight tryst with brooke hundley, no offence against tiger but he isn't exactly the best looking guy in the world so i don't see that love connection happening. if we were talking brad pitt here then your hundley theory might hold water.

rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
11-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Two blondes don't make a right...
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5825/tigerdog.jpg

STLHAMMER32
11-28-2009, 03:37 PM

what's not to get? upon hearing some commotion outside his wife instinctively grabbed a golf club (those things are the swiss army knives of accident tools) and upon seeing tiger with cuts on his lips she went around to the rear of his escalade suv, smashed out the rear window, jumped through the broken window, crawled through the cargo area, crawled passed by the rear set of seats, reached tiger in the front and saved him! (i'm still working on what she saved him from). how else would you get a driver out of the front seat of a large suv? i suppose if she'd had the foresight to grab a blowtorch instead she could've crawled underneath the vehicle and cut out the undercarriage and removed him from the bottom but then we'd all be sitting here and asking why she didn't just grab a golf club and smash out the rear window. you guys are making like he peeled away at 2:24am with some crazy woman behind him, furiously whirling a golf club, who managed to smash his rear window as he drove away and caused him to have an accident trying to escape her. psh. not likely. as steve implied, tiger is rich and famous and if those two things don't instill enough character in a man to be faithful then nothing will. it's the reason you'll never see guys like michael jordan, kobe bryant, or alex rodriguez get caught having an affair.

as for greg's idea of a midnight tryst with brooke hundley, no offence against tiger but he isn't exactly the best looking guy in the world so i don't see that love connection happening. if we were talking brad pitt here then your hundley theory might hold water.

rudy.

This had me laughing very hard out loud! Great!

buc
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I think this is the first time in his career that Tiger hit a tree and a water hazard on the same drive.

gameused
11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
I think this is the first time in his career that Tiger hit a tree and a water hazard on the same drive.

Lol.....that's the best line I heard all year!
Thanks for the laugh!!

cohibasmoker
11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I wonder what the news story would have been if Ms. Tiger was the driver and Mr. Tiger was the one with the golf club in his hand?

Jim

3arod13
11-28-2009, 04:29 PM
The cunt Wood was cheating with lost her fiance when he was killed in the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City. I guess she's one of the few who have forgotten.

Wow! Did you really just say that? The #!%@ wood was cheating with....

mbenga28
11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
If I recall correctly, wasn't her face front page on one of the local New York papers a couple of days after the September 11th, 2001 attacks holding a photo of her fiance with tears streaming down her cheeks? That's a great way to honor his memory, go screw up someone else's marriage.

suicide_squeeze
11-29-2009, 01:04 PM

rudy.

But Rudy,

Jordan, Bryant, A-Rod......I mean, sure, you'd expect that from the class of guys they are. When you think of these guys, thoughts of "arrogance, selfishness, money-grubbing, me-me-me, street-cred......etc." come to mind.

When you think of Tiger, you usually associate him with "high class". It really seems kind of impossible that he could even escape the public eye long enough to pull off an affair, let alone risk his endorsements and public statis as the World's most popular athlete for a "fling".

I mean, I have to say, this is shocking to me. Maybe I stand alone.

But I'll tell you this, when Woods addresses the public on this matter, I'm sure we will be getting a well-concocted story, and something other than the "truth". I'm sure he has sat down with his wife, and discussed the "downside" to their lives by damage done to his reputation.....if the truth were to ever come out.....so stay tuned, this ought to be a doosey.

markize
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM
But Rudy,

Jordan, Bryant, A-Rod......I mean, sure, you'd expect that from the class of guys they are. When you think of these guys, thoughts of "arrogance, selfishness, money-grubbing, me-me-me, street-cred......etc." come to mind.

When you think of Tiger, you usually associate him with "high class". It really seems kind of impossible that he could even escape the public eye long enough to pull off an affair, let alone risk his endorsements and public statis as the World's most popular athlete for a "fling".

I mean, I have to say, this is shocking to me. Maybe I stand alone.

But I'll tell you this, when Woods addresses the public on this matter, I'm sure we will be getting a well-concocted story, and something other than the "truth". I'm sure he has sat down with his wife, and discussed the "downside" to their lives by damage done to his reputation.....if the truth were to ever come out.....so stay tuned, this ought to be a doosey.

Steve,

do you thinks it's shocking because good is considered a sport of gentlemen? I associate golf with beer drinking, and an endless string of cuss words when the ball diasppears into the woods, etc.

Mark

suicide_squeeze
11-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Steve,

do you thinks it's shocking because good is considered a sport of gentlemen? I associate golf with beer drinking, and an endless string of cuss words when the ball diasppears into the woods, etc.

Mark

LOL....I'm with you, Mark.

But being serious for one minute......Tiger Woods has a LOT to lose by tarnishing his career with a silly "affair" thingie going on. The personal problems it will create for him are one thing, and how it affects his play will be another.

But the fall-out from fans who idolize him, and have made him THE example for their children to follow because he has always been the consummate professional athlete with the cleanest image.....If this affair is for real, that's all out the window, and so is millions upon millions of dollars of sponsorships money he will lose.

That's the way the world works.....not my rules.

If you guys think a piece of arse here and there haven't broughten down empires......you'd be wrong. Stay tuned.

markize
11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Steve,

you're right. He has always appeared to have a squeaky clean image. He is a hell of a golfer though.

Mark

cohibasmoker
12-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Check this out and you guys decide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Details-of-Elin-Woods-newly-rewritten-prenup-em?urn=golf,206529

scrinjun
12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Check this out and you guys decide.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Details-of-Elin-Woods-newly-rewritten-prenup-em?urn=golf,206529

That is priceless. :D So, is Elin a Scott Boras client?

BoneRubbedBat
12-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I heard Tiger has a new nickname......

wait for it............

Cheetah

dcgreg25
12-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Apparently the police asked Tiger's wife how many times she hit him. She said "I don't know exactly, but put me down for a 5."

Vintagedeputy
12-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I heard Tiger has a new nickname......

wait for it............

Cheetah

I was waiting all morning to get back to a computer to post that joke!

You stole my thunder! :)

both-teams-played-hard
12-04-2009, 01:41 PM
What golf club did his wife use to break the back windshield of his Escalade?

Vintagedeputy
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
What golf club did his wife use to break the back windshield of his Escalade?

It wasn't an iron. Tiger's trouble all started when he used wood on the second hole. :)

both-teams-played-hard
12-04-2009, 01:54 PM
It wasn't an iron. Tiger's trouble all started when he used wood on the second hole. :)

The bitching wedge...

Vintagedeputy
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
The bitching wedge...

That's better than using his peter, uh, putter.

cohibasmoker
12-04-2009, 03:18 PM
The bitching wedge...

Now that statement is sexist and offensive. And your comments have nothing to do with sports memorabilia. Warren, you should be ashamed of yourself. The NOW will be after you so watch it or else - the wedge for you too.

Jim

both-teams-played-hard
12-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Now that statement is sexist and offensive. And your comments have nothing to do with sports memorabilia. Warren, you should be ashamed of yourself. The NOW will be after you so watch it or else - the wedge for you too.

Jim
:)

mbenga28
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Tiger had fantasies of Jeter doing a threesome? gets weirder by the moment.

both-teams-played-hard
12-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Just refresh google news and they keep coming out of the woodwork.
So, how much money does Eldrick have anyway?

both-teams-played-hard
12-05-2009, 11:01 AM
"Take Your Name Off Your Phone", slow jam re-mix....must hear!

http://www.halfdaytoday.com/

cohibasmoker
12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
This can't be good.

Jim

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091208/ap_on_sp_go_ne/glf_tiger_woods

allstarsplus
12-08-2009, 10:57 AM
An aside to this whole "Cheetah" Woods mess is that his memorabilia will really suffer.

Unfortunately for me, I am a UDA dealer and purchased extra Tiger Woods items for the Holiday season. So last week I had a Tiger Woods signed cap on eBay auction end and the High Bidder now will not pay. This is really going to hurt my business as I have a lot of it and it is super expensive. I never saw this coming!

This will certainly be a side result like steroids, getting arrested, and other shifts of popularity that there are innocent 3rd parties that will take a big hit on this too.

I imagine Upper Deck and some of Tiger's sponsors are scrambling too.

The impact on Tiger's family has to be horrific.

10thMan
12-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I never thought i`d outDRIVE Tiger Woods...

Clinical Psychologists believe, with an excessive EGO, & extremely competitive, people are more likely to cheat. I tend to believe it. We reap what we sow...Not hatin` on the guy, he`s human, we all tend to make mistakes. The guy just has a lot more to lose, than most in the World.

Sean