PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Pay For This Bat????

suave1477
11-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Before I go into further detail no im not referring to an auction listing or looking to sell a bat like this, just curious to hear other members thoughts.

2008 Yankees Hideki Matsui Broken Game Used Bat MLB Authenticated

Before you make a decision please keep in mind.

1) Matsui game used bats are extremely rare
2) Matsui Game Used Bats MLB Authenticated are almost completely unheard of. Sure you may see one or 2 game used bats out there, But how many do you actually see with out a doubt authenticated to his use???
3) Matsui just won the World Series MVP.

MLB_Authentic
11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
I personally would pay about $23.87, but thats just me.

bscott
11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
My guess is an Ebay-based projection. I think that a 2008 mlb authenticated Matsui bat would sell for between $275-$450 in a regular 7-day Ebay Auction. Maybe a bit more- say, $550 or so, if you open the auction up to Japanese bidders. I think the MAX price for a cracked Matsui bat is around $650. In today's market.

The fact is, Hideki Matsui is not a priority for the Yankees to re-sign (although signs point to that the Yanks will re-sign him as a DH. I read that having Matsui alone brings in $15 million in Japanese ad revenue to the Yankees).

If Hideki ends up signing with another team, say, the Mariners, the value of his GU items may drop a bit.

-bscott.

jetersbatboy
11-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I have seen MLB auth bat sold by Historic auctions sell as high as $1300. On the japan market in the last month they have sold as high as 250,000 plus yen, you can do the math on that one. But personally I'd pay about $750 or so depending on the crack.

zookerman182
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
yeah depending on the crack i would pay around $475. Its pretty clear when ou see a bat wether its a matsui bat or not. So the MLB sticker doesnt mean much to me in this case.

Also there is a chance matsui didnt even use the bat with it even being mlb authenticated. I know damon and posada used a few of his bats last year.

rmichne
11-25-2009, 10:38 PM
I have a Matsui bat that I paid a lot for (some would say too much, but I was looking for something special.

It is the only example that I have seen that is MLB certified, PSA authenticated and photomatched to three days worth of pictures before it was cracked. The LOA even references the photo matching in the description. There is no doubt about the bats authenticity.

I would think that a nice example could be had for somewhere in the $700 range.

Ron
rmichne@yahoo.com

legaleagle92481
11-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Personally I would pay about $300, he is a good hitter and had an amazing World Series but he is nowhere near a hall of famer, has only made two allstar games and will not come near any major statistical milestones. He was also only the 6th best position player on his own team (Jeter, Arod, Tex, Cano, Damon and Posada all have had better careers) However, as others have posted a collector from Japan would likely pay through the nose for it. After all his boyhood home is even a musuem over there.