PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Tough Jersey

Jayworld
11-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Does anyone remember the movie Semi-Tough, starring Burt Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson? My dad, who was an SWC official for years, along with other local officials in the Dallas area, was asked to help with the filming in the scenes shot in the Cotton Bowl back in the mid-1970s. I got to tag along and meet lots of Cowboy and Oilers players who were part of the football scenes of the films, as well as some of the actors and Joe Kapp (got plenty of autographs). Anyway, on the last day of filming, Burton Lawless, who was a lineman for the Cowboys, gave my dad his jersey he used in the film, of which I still have today. It is a white mesh (small holes) jersey with maroon "94" numbers on the front and back (poorly sewn to the jersey) and a nameplate with the name "BURTON" in maroon letters that were glued to the white nameplate. Does anyone have any memorabilia or jerseys from this film? I wondered how rare this item is. I do remember that the "Dallas" team in the film wore SMU's red home jerseys, as the next year SMU wore white both at home and on the road (1978).

Thanks,
Jay