PDA

View Full Version : UDA McGWIRE CLEATS

hblakewolf
06-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Forum readers-

With all of this talk about "photo matching", can someone please photo match the following:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8825067562

These are being offered as McGwire's game worn UDA cleats. I have 2 pairs of his Cardinal's cleats, and both are hightops with plastic spikes. I can't locate a single photo of him wearing this low cut, metal spike with the tongue covering up the laces. In 1997, he wore Reebok, 1998-2001 Nike, all high top with plastic spikes.

Any photo matching is greatly appreciated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

hblakewolf
06-13-2006, 12:30 PM
The seller responded to my email with the following:

Hi Howard, thank you for the email these were a redemption item from upperdck they come with a loa
from uppperdeck as well as the card that was the actual redemption from ud which it states mqguire game worn shoes.it sounds like you have quite a collection of game worn items from him. please email or call with any questions.
thank you
scott hoskin

Any photo evidence?????????

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

hblakewolf
06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Forum readers-
I just spoke with the seller, who is one nice guy.

He said the shoes are size 11 and have 21 written on the back. McGwire wore a much larger size, and wore #25. These may be Tino Martinez's, as he wore 21. Regardless, they are not McGwire's. The seller indicated he was ending the auction early, and contacting Upper Deck about the problem.

My question-how could UD ever authenticate these as McGwire's with a 21 on the back and likewise, a style he never wore? What is the process UD uses before authenticating game worn equipment?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net