PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Pricing Help.

jetersbatboy
11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Is $2100 for a Pettitte 09 home jersey W/MLB Auth a good deal?

suave1477
11-21-2009, 07:15 PM
I know this isn't probably the answer your looking for but it seems to be the answer you always end up with.

It's worth what ever your willing to pay!!

I always hated that answer but when you think about it, it's the truth.
If your looking for investment purposes that is a different story.
In my opinion that is a bit high because in all likelihood Pettitte will not be a hall of famer - which if he was to me might be considered worth it.
IMO on a jersey like that I might go as high as 1k but I doubt 2k

If for some reason you buy the Jersey at that price and decide to sell it down the road chances are your not going to get the money back unless you just happen to come across another collector who just happens to want badly that specific jersey in his collection.

But to also make you feel comfortable I myself have spent that much on a Jersey that was probably if most likely no where near worth that, but, I had to have it in my collection.

So which comes back to you. It's worth what ever your willing to spend!!

jetersbatboy
11-21-2009, 07:22 PM
I know this isn't probably the answer your looking for but it seems to be the answer you always end up with.

It's worth what ever your willing to pay!!

I always hated that answer but when you think about it, it's the truth.
If your looking for investment purposes that is a different story.
In my opinion that is a bit high because in all likelihood Pettitte will not be a hall of famer - which if he was to me might be considered worth it.
IMO on a jersey like that I might go as high as 1k but I doubt 2k

If for some reason you buy the Jersey at that price and decide to sell it down the road chances are your not going to get the money back unless you just happen to come across another collector who just happens to want badly that specific jersey in his collection.

But to also make you feel comfortable I myself have spent that much on a Jersey that was probably if most likely no where near worth that, but, I had to have it in my collection.

So which comes back to you. It's worth what ever your willing to spend!!

I was thinking the same thing! With the way I turn over thing in my collection, its probably not worth that. 1k would be a deal, but I don't think Ill ever find one at that price. Now if it was a Mo I would be willing to spend almost twice that, but thats because its the jersey I really want. The only reason I ask the question was, I never see to many Homes from the bigger names, so I wasn't sure of the pricing.

Jason, thanks for the input!

larry bourget
11-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Simple,.....NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LB

jetersbatboy
11-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Simple,.....NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LB

Reason, behind this thinking?

allstarsplus
11-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Is $2100 for a Pettitte 09 home jersey W/MLB Auth a good deal?

Are you talking for a Majestic authentic, a game issued or a game used?

If game used, is it attributed to a game he won?

larry bourget
11-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Reason, behind this thinking?

"Hot Today!, Not Tommorow!,.......besides since the Yankee/Steiner contract since 2004, How many of any player have they pumped out. Look how loaded Ebay is, that speaks volumes. I would agree it would be a nice player to have but not at $2100. If your going to buy it and take it to your grave fine, but if you turn around to see how many are waiting in line to take it off your hands at that $2100. price tag, the line up may be empty. That's the way i see it.

What if he returns for the 2010 season, ....remember the price Steiner put on the 2007 AROD jersey because his Yankee Days were done?

Wait it out.

LB