PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME experience... Angels Rock!!

shoremen44
11-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I am not an Angels fan... but man they rock.

My wife and I are spending the weekend in Southern Cal, and happened to hear on the morning news about taking batting practice in the Angles stadium, so we thought we'd check it out...

it was AWESOME... anyone in LA... get over there they are doing it all this weekend... the money you pay goes to charity... it is $1 a pitch

and YES BMH... that is a Louisville Slugger!!

allstarsplus
11-21-2009, 06:57 PM
That is awesome! I had the same experience with my oldest son and 2 friends at the Nationals in August and won't soon forget how awesome it was!

ironmanfan
11-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Bert:

Impressive vertical leap!

Looks like you had a great time......Wondering if any of those batting helmets were from players of note?

Bill

sox83cubs84
11-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Air Shoreman?;)

Dave M.
Chicago area

gannonknight85
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Very Cool!!! I like that format better than the one the Indians did that I attended in September of this year, which was about 20 swings for $125, but it included dinner on the field (i ate in the dugout), and a chance to hit off former Indians pitcher Len Barker, with an autographed ball. It was the highlight of my year easily, I hope more teams offer fans this oppurtunity.

shoremen44
11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Bert:

Impressive vertical leap!

Looks like you had a great time......Wondering if any of those batting helmets were from players of note?

Bill

Bill,
I wanted to take the tape off the LS I was using too and see who's it was... it had great use and the 125th anniv logo... I asked the equipment guy there where they got the stuff and what was going to happen to it.

He told me that they just pulled them out of a pile of stuff they had laying around.