PDA

View Full Version : Steelers BEN ROETHLISBERGER game used cleats up NFL.com auctions

indyred
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Wow, Steelers have game used item up on NFL.com auctions. First I can recall ever seeing from them. Big Ben pink cleats are up. Already over 4k. Still can't figure out why the Steelers don't market game used stuff. They could make some serious money with a game used contract with someone.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=110696424&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111043134

Utopian2630
11-18-2009, 12:19 PM
You know, I figured any of those Steelers items would probably fetch some ridiculous prices.....but 4k...yikes!! I totally agree that the Steelers should market their stuff, however that almost seems to be like a mirage. On the bright side, the Steelers Sideline Stores have carried practice jerseys in the past. The last time I visited one of the Sideline Stores, they had a selection of both white and yellow practice jerseys....NONE of which showed any wear whatsoever. So perhaps they were extras or something.

mbenga28
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
why don't they sell game used items? that's rather fan unfriendly.

Utopian2630
11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
I agree.....plus around here literally anything with Steelers on it will sell big. Surprisingly when they had the practice jerseys they were only around $25-$30 if I remember correctly. On their website, it says that the ONLY game used merch they offer is through their own auctions and not to contact them regarding game used items. I feel like its pretty ridiculous that they don't make jerseys available to the public. Even when some of the Steelers hold their own charity auctions....you NEVER see jerseys....its always cleats, game-balls or anything similar in nature.

otismalibu
11-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Surprisingly when they had the practice jerseys they were only around $25-$30 if I remember correctly.

Were these team issued or the ones they were selling at the Steelers Stores?

The only ones I found at those stores, only had Ripon tagging and the numbers didn't seem to match the colors (offense/white & defense/gold).

Utopian2630
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
The ones at the Steelers Outlet Store in Grove City had both white (ripon taged) with and yellow (reebok tagged with year and size tag ). I think you are right in that the numbers didn't match up correctly but it was several months back. I didn't feel it was worth it to spend the money on them so I passed because they were brand new jerseys. I asked the two girls who worked there if they knew if/when they would either get game jerseys or 'used practice jerseys', but was told that they only get whats sent to them.

Steeler4Life
11-19-2009, 12:23 AM
WOW... I have a pair of Ben's shoes from the 2006 season. Both shoes are autographed. Paid no where close to that figure... Wish I knew how to post pics here..

indyred
12-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Shoes sold for a little over 4,500. The Steelers gotta know their game used products/jerseys are instant big cash for the team if they ever market authenticated and sold them. I wonder if JO Sports or MeiGray or even Steiner have laid out a business plan to them on how they could market game used stuff and windfall of cash the team could make with out doing much work if they used a outside company.

jhunt28
12-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Do you think whoever paid $4k for those, is upset that there is ANOTHER pair up for sale? I would have thought that for that price, this was a one-of-a-kind item.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=111233011&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111579721

indyred
12-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Do you think whoever paid $4k for those, is upset that there is ANOTHER pair up for sale? I would have thought that for that price, this was a one-of-a-kind item.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=111233011&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=111579721

Yeah, I bet they aren't too happy. Money goes to charity so I bet that helps. I haven't checked game pictures. But I know some guys wore pink stuff in multiple October games. Will have to check and see if Ben did or maybe he switched cleats during game.

legaleagle92481
12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
The second pair of Ben cleats did not do so well bringing in about $2,300 imagine how the guy who paid $4,500 feels today, he paid double what the second guy paid.