PDA

View Full Version : Will Clark Rookie Jersey on Ebay

jonschuette
11-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Does anyone have any comments on this jersey?
I have a road Will Clark Rookie that I purchased from Dick Dobbins back in 1993 and was comparing the two. On the back numbers, the left #2 looks like the bottom is a little less rounded, but it could also be the way the jersey is laying.
I have contacted the seller and asked the orgin and if it had a 'Purchased from San Francisco Giants' stamp. I haven't received a response yet.

Lon Lewis - if you see this, maybe you could respond. My email is jschuette@russell.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220510288794&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks

sox83cubs84
11-17-2009, 02:14 PM
The way that Wilson tag is affixed looks off-kilter...not to mention that every 1986 Giants gamer I've seen had the large "Prestige Teams" Wilson label in the tail...as was the case with virtually all 1986 Wilson gamers where the Wilson tag was located in the tail instead of the collar. I look forward to Lon's thoughts on this item, as well.

Dave M.
Chicago area

jonschuette
11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks Dave.
Yes, my rookie jersey has the large "Prestige Teams" Wilson label.

lon lewis
11-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Jon and Dave M.

This jersey originally had me fooled for about 30 minutes. After I was able to get a better picture of the back, I had a couple of issues with it. the NOB has mis aligned letters.The Letter "C" appears to be higher than the "L" ( or the "L" is lower than the "C" take your pick) on the NOB. As mentioned here previously, the left 2 appears to be miscut at the lower left corner where it is straight instead of slightly curved. Also, the right 2 appears to be either higher or larger than the left 2. I had originally thought that the issues with the numbers and letters might have been caused by the photography/placement of the jersey, but to check it out I decided to take a 1984 Giants Jack Clark home jersey # 22 and lay it out like the picture to try to replicate what is shown in the photo. No amount of arranging or rearranging would show what is listed above. it also should be mentioned that none of these issues are normally found on a Wilson mfr'd all original Giants jersey. I also had originally not thought too much of the '85 Wilson tag being on the jersey as we did have a few jerseys in '86 that had the older version of the mfr tag so it wasn't really an issue to me. What I had forgotten was that those jerseys with the older tags were from the original order taken during spring trainiing in 1986 while the size 42 Clark jerseys were ordered in season and by then the in season orders were showing up with the Prestige tags. As a result, I have since changed my evaluation to questionable at best. Right now there is probably only 2 things that would change that. The first would be an in person inspection which isn't going to happen and the second would be for someone to produce a Dobbins letter for this jersey.