PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

skyking26
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I've decided to leave the forum officially tonight after one to many misunderstandings, etc. I've truely enjoyed the time here and enjoyed the many friendships I've encountered and made along the way. I can always be contacted at the email below.

My thanks to Mark for putting up pics of the collection - you are a good friend.

Happy holidays everyone!

Bob Koppel
skyking26

metsbats
11-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Bob,

Sorry to hear of your decision to leave. Hope you change your mind. The forum just like the world in general is full of both positive and negative experiences and dealings. Some times we just have to take the bad with the good and don't let it get you down.

Keep in touch and hope to see you back.

Regards

camarokids
11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Bob,

I say don't be hasty. Like you said, it is a mis-understanding. Andrew is a classy dude, I am sure you all will clear the air and straighten things out.

Nice looking collecting BTW.......

allstarsplus
11-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Bob,

I say don't be hasty. Like you said, it is a mis-understanding. Andrew is a classy dude, I am sure you all will clear the air and straighten things out.

Nice looking collecting BTW.......The air is already cleared.

Bob, with McGwire coming back to the Cardinals, the Forum and Big Mac would miss you. No reason to leave.

There are many frustrations. I for one, would vote to have that other thread deleted.

Unfortunately there is no edit button and words do hurt.

camarokids
11-16-2009, 10:32 PM
The air is already cleared.

Bob, with McGwire coming back to the Cardinals, the Forum and Big Mac would miss you. No reason to leave.

There are many frustrations. I for one, would vote to have that other thread deleted.

Unfortunately there is no edit button and words do hurt.

Thats good, both of you are great members of the forum.

STLHAMMER32
11-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Bob, I know I am a new member to the Forum but I would hate to see you leave! Hope we can convince you to stay!

markize
11-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Bobbo,

hang in there man. I know the comp is dragging, and shit gets you down, but keep kicking!! plus, if you leave now, I'll butcher the descriptions of your gamers!

Markus

Danny899
11-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Bobbo,

hang in there man. I know the comp is dragging, and shit gets you down, but keep kicking!! plus, if you leave now, I'll butcher the descriptions of your gamers!

Markus

And we'll miss all those BUMPS of yours in the Kingman wanted section!
Good Luck to you in the future.

sox83cubs84
11-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Bob:

I hope you change your mind...you've been here a long time, and your presence would be missed by both myself and many others.

Dave Miedema
Chicago area

WadeInBmore
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Bob,

The site wouldn't be the same without you. I hope you reconsider. Your knowlegde, insight, and opinions are a valued addition to the forum and the discussions that go on here. Regardless, I wish you all the best no matter what.

wade

markize
11-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Thats good, both of you are great members of the forum.

Damn good point, and we need the good guys here to help educate, and protect this hobby!

mark

suicide_squeeze
11-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow.....I've been working long days, just logged in, and look what I missed!!???

ROBERT.......C'mon, buddy, you certainly must know by reading the threads I've been involved in that this simply can't be the straw that breaks your back?? That wasn't even anything to get ruffled feathers over, my man.

Andrew is golden in this biz.....he didn't mean anything by any of his words. Obviously he is frustrated, but it's rediculous to think it's all from you. I have had some offline conversations with Lang-man, and he's just a great guy all around. You HAVE to know he is frustrated over dealings he's had with many people in this business, and how they treat his sincere efforts. People just aren't parting with the money these days, and businesses have overhead to make. It's tough to say the least. Don't blow this out of proportion.

Times are tough......people are stressed. Add to that an injury you've had to endure through, and it kinda makes life suck. Huge. I understand that. Don't feel down about a simple misunderstanding....it happens. We're all adults, and know these things happen. But at the end of the day, we can shake hands and move on.

But take a break, leave for a few days, let your head clear...it's all good. I've had to do it before, and trust me, you'll feel better. Come back when you're ready to, but know that everyone wants you back.

Now, if I could only say that about myself......we may have something here.;)

3arod13
11-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Wow.....I've been working long days, just logged in, and look what I missed!!???

ROBERT.......C'mon, buddy, you certainly must know by reading the threads I've been involved in that this simply can't be the straw that breaks your back?? That wasn't even anything to get ruffled feathers over, my man.

Andrew is golden in this biz.....he didn't mean anything by any of his words. Obviously he is frustrated, but it's rediculous to think it's all from you. I have had some offline conversations with Lang-man, and he's just a great guy all around. You HAVE to know he is frustrated over dealings he's had with many people in this business, and how they treat his sincere efforts. People just aren't parting with the money these days, and businesses have overhead to make. It's tough to say the least. Don't blow this out of proportion.

Times are tough......people are stressed. Add to that an injury you've had to endure through, and it kinda makes life suck. Huge. I understand that. Don't feel down about a simple misunderstanding....it happens. We're all adults, and know these things happen. But at the end of the day, we can shake hands and move on.

But take a break, leave for a few days, let your head clear...it's all good. I've had to do it before, and trust me, you'll feel better. Come back when you're ready to, but know that everyone wants you back.

Well said! Bob, as you can see by many of the supportive comments, you will be sorely missed. And we all know that if you left, you would deeply miss this forum tremendously.

I remember when I first came to this forum and showed everyone my two BLONDE Arod game used bats. I got pounced on from every direction for those bats being BP bats. I was frustrated and felt the same way, "I don't need this crap, I'm gone."

Well, a few years later, I'm still here, and I'm glad I made the decision to stay.

Hang in there and rethink your decision.

Regards, Tony

metsbats
11-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Bob,

The return on investment you get from this forum will always outweigh the occasional grief and pain in my opinion.

allstarsplus
11-17-2009, 10:27 AM

Crazy how things work out. Steve read the thread that is "sort of" about Adam Dunn and recalled that I had Adam Dunn's 1st Home Run ball as a Washington National which is MLB holo'd and inscribed.

I wasn't going to sell it and after Steve offered me an obscene amount of money for the ball we will see where this goes so this will be a chapter for another day. As most of you know, Steve is the KING of HR baseballs with a museum quality collection so this Adam Dunn baseball may make into the Suicide Squeeze Museum alongside the greatest HR hitters the game has ever seen!

This is also the great part about this Forum!

Steve, you my friend are an awesome guy, and no matter what happens, thanks for putting a smile on my face today! :D

As for SkyKing, take the advice of everyone who has weighed in with the positives of the Forum.

gameu08
11-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Skyking,

I dont really know you and never spoke to you, but rethink leaving...this keeps the sanity amongst the crazy world. Its a place to get away, a place that occupies alot of my time keeps me busy, keeps all of us busy. Theres no reason to leave.

Kong's Landing
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Bob,

We have been friends since 89' & Kong collectors alot longer than that. You have been a great friend over the years & I support your decision either way.

P.S. I may have to post some pictures of us with big Dave.

Opinion ????

GUU is in your blood man !!!!!!!:cool:

karamaxjoe
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
The main problem with any internet forum is the reader can never really tell what the tone or feeling is of the poster. When I read Bob's statement about not being able to acquire a decent Dunn item from Andrew, I assumed they both couldnt agree on the right price and item. Andrew read the statement differently which is no fault of his since he couldn't hear the statement directly from Bob.

What I'm saying is we really need to think twice about what we are typing since it can be very difficult to interpet the posters true feeling.

Bob - You really can't be leaving. Where else are you going to get constant chatter about game used stuff?

matt
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Bob -

I have been a regular here for several years now, and I have seen the frequency with which these threads veer off track. As Mike said, It is often easy to see from a distance that 2 people are getting crossed up with no malice, just misunderstanding.

Please reconsider leaving.

Matt

BIGSTIG
11-18-2009, 12:56 AM
I have to laugh. Bob "officially leaves" the forum on 11/16 2009 at 10:00PM but a few minutes into 11/17 (12:02AM) to be exact, he BUMPS his thread on Kingman in the WANTED section.

I have to say I do not know Bob as well as some of the rest of you, but I will say 2 things I learned about Bob in the few dealings we had.

1- He has some VERY nice Kingman stuff, & loves this hobby.
2- He can definately rub you the wrong way

Good luck to you Bob

jobathenut
11-18-2009, 03:25 AM
And i think this is the reason bob left.I was wondering when the first negative comment was going to made against him for this post.Now i rarely post on here anymore cause of the bashing that goes on and the mods dont seem to want to be bothered by it.And are happy to let the inmates run the asylum.Now i have had a dealing with bob and have emailed him many times and have become what i would like to consider a friend of his.He has NEVER rubbed me the wrong way.So maybe it's you that he rubbed the wrong way.So maybe you should state your comment as that.That he rubbed me the wrong way sometimes.Because you imply that he rubs everyone the worng way.And what do you mean by that.Now bob is not here to defend himself for now,but i have no problem doing it for him.And i will get banned from this board before i let any of you go after him in this or any matter.:mad:
I have to laugh. Bob "officially leaves" the forum on 11/16 2009 at 10:00PM but a few minutes into 11/17 (12:02AM) to be exact, he BUMPS his thread on Kingman in the WANTED section.

I have to say I do not know Bob as well as some of the rest of you, but I will say 2 things I learned about Bob in the few dealings we had.

Good luck to you Bob

harpt
11-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm a Bob fan too. I also know BIGSTIG is a really good guy. Everybody rubs someone wrong sometimes. We all know that. This forum is filled with great people who sometimes get on each other's nerves. It stands to reason.

camarokids
11-18-2009, 04:32 PM
I just read the recent posts Bob.

I will say that Bob has never done me wrong or rubbed me the wrong way.....

Everyone please be nice to one another. There are plenty of other forums for letting off steam....

You can do political, religious and even news sites have them.....

Lets keep it simple here.......

3arod13
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Bob,

Com'on now. Are you sitting back and just enjoying all the love that it being thrown your way? :)

Time to let us all know you're back in the game.

Regards, Tony

BergerKing22784
11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
"I dont even like jelly!"

camarokids
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
"I dont even like jelly!"

huh????:confused:

Danny899
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm quite sure he will be back soon. I don't think he'll be able to stay away for too long. He will start getting BUMP urges! Otherwise, good luck to him.

BergerKing22784
11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
huh????:confused:

Haha.. Its a Dane Cook joke. A couple is in a grocery store and they are having what he calls a "nothing fight" about having jelly in the house. To make a long story short this couple is arguing if they have jelly in the house and they go back and fourth and anyway at the end of the joke it ends with "I dont even like jelly"

All the drama going on in this forum recently with everyone from many different topics all I can do is sit back and laugh at how people are acting and I just tell myself "i dont even like jelly" cause it what it reminds me of.

camarokids
11-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Haha.. Its a Dane Cook joke. A couple is in a grocery store and they are having what he calls a "nothing fight" about having jelly in the house. To make a long story short this couple is arguing if they have jelly in the house and they go back and fourth and anyway at the end of the joke it ends with "I dont even like jelly"

All the drama going on in this forum recently with everyone from many different topics all I can do is sit back and laugh at how people are acting and I just tell myself "i dont even like jelly" cause it what it reminds me of.

That is funny, I can see it in my mind.... fighting over nothing.....

Tigerfan
11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Bob,

Hope you'll reconsider! Enjoyed your comments about the Tigers, and felt you had an inside track to their happenings since you lived close by. I hope you will continue your feedback on the forum.

Thanks,
Bob Bellair

Detroit Tiger Collector

thomecollector
11-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Good luck to you Bob
Not sure where you're coming from with this. Bob rubs you the wrong way ? Bob is a good friend of mine. We talk almost daily. He is sometimes misunderstood. He has alot more passion than a lot of folks on this site. I know that his insight will be missed by many. Including myself. But, it is coming to a point where a lot of folks will grow tired of the bashing good hearted folks like Bob. :mad:

jobathenut
11-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Harpt-I dont know bigstig.And i am sure he is a nice guy.But all my point was is that he stated the "rubbing the wrong way" as fact.And i am just saying he should have said "he rubbed ME the wrong way sometimes.I am tired in general of all the personal comments on here and i for sure don't like the ones towards a friend of mine.A friend that felt he had to leave the forum he loved so much because he felt he was being mistreated on here.And i think that comments even by the person who broke the straw on bob's back was better served by sending bob a personal email (i mean his email is right there) or sending a pm to him,even though alot of members dont have thier pm's on.I just think this whole thing would not have happen, but bob i think felt he was being called out for everyone to read.:(
I'm a Bob fan too. I also know BIGSTIG is a really good guy. Everybody rubs someone wrong sometimes. We all know that. This forum is filled with great people who sometimes get on each other's nerves. It stands to reason.

jobathenut
11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
BRAVO THOMECOLLECTOR!!!...Thats; what i was saying.I have known bob for awhile and never has he rubbed me the wrong way.So i have no idea what he means by that.Red face right with you my brother-:mad:
Not sure where you're coming from with this. Bob rubs you the wrong way ? Bob is a good friend of mine. We talk almost daily. He is sometimes misunderstood. He has alot more passion than a lot of folks on this site. I know that his insight will be missed by many. Including myself. But, it is coming to a point where a lot of folks will grow tired of the bashing good hearted folks like Bob. :mad:

BIGSTIG
11-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Joba & Thome

Ok, I want to apologize for using the word "you" intead of "me" !!!! He has rubbed ME the wrong way sometimes.

I remember one of the first conversations I had with Bob, we were talking about Kingman Cubs jerseys, and I mentioned a guy we both knew that had one, and I said I would love to get that one day. His reply "no way you'll get that, it is mine if he ever sells it" and if that is the case fantastic, that is between the two of them. But to just make a statement like that, come on who is he to tell me that there is NO WAY I will get it. He even went on to say that NO Kingman hits the market without him knowing about it. PLEASE!!! Just a level of arrogance I did not enjoy.

I have also had other dealings with Bob that were pleasant. When he was going in for surgery, I sent him an email wishing him the best.

I think Bob is a GREAT person of knowledge when it comes to the hobby. I think the forum has lost a good person in losing him. Though I believe like another member said I bet he is just sitting back enjoying all the love being thrown his way. If you guys didnt feel the same way, why would you be posting on here instead of just emailing his personal email, begging him to come back.

I am not going to continue posting on this subject. My opinions were expressed. ( I believe I am entitled to voice my opinions) and now I am done.

Bob - If you decide to rejoin the forum...great, if not I truly wish you the best of luck.

Nick

jobathenut
11-19-2009, 08:18 PM
bigstig-I know you said you will not comment anymore about this.But i just wanted to say i accept your apology about miswording that.But bob just sent me your emails with him.And even from what you said in your post.I don't find it arrogant at all.The guy is the ultimate kingman collector.So i am sure he like just like 2000mvpfan is with jason giambi knows when a item of thier player hits the market.Don't let confidance get confused with arrogance.And the comment about that," he would get that item if anyone got it".He proberly had a deal with the guy if he ever sells it that bob would get the first chance at it.But it's all about how you read people.And i have never read him the way you have.And i have emailed him personally as i do all the time.But i am not going to beg him to come back to here.He will when and if he wants to.I just let him know,once a friend,always a friend.And we dont need this forum to continue the friendship.The mods created this mess and its funny as you still have not heard from them on this subject or any for that matter.As i have been on the this forum for more than a year and still have no idea who there are.You are entiled to voice you thoughts,but i am also entitled and obligated to defend my friend.:)
Joba & Thome

Ok, I want to apologize for using the word "you" intead of "me" !!!! He has rubbed ME the wrong way sometimes.

I remember one of the first conversations I had with Bob, we were talking about Kingman Cubs jerseys, and I mentioned a guy we both knew that had one, and I said I would love to get that one day. His reply "no way you'll get that, it is mine if he ever sells it" and if that is the case fantastic, that is between the two of them. But to just make a statement like that, come on who is he to tell me that there is NO WAY I will get it. He even went on to say that NO Kingman hits the market without him knowing about it. PLEASE!!! Just a level of arrogance I did not enjoy.

I have also had other dealings with Bob that were pleasant. When he was going in for surgery, I sent him an email wishing him the best.

I think Bob is a GREAT person of knowledge when it comes to the hobby. I think the forum has lost a good person in losing him. Though I believe like another member said I bet he is just sitting back enjoying all the love being thrown his way. If you guys didnt feel the same way, why would you be posting on here instead of just emailing his personal email, begging him to come back.

I am not going to continue posting on this subject. My opinions were expressed. ( I believe I am entitled to voice my opinions) and now I am done.

Bob - If you decide to rejoin the forum...great, if not I truly wish you the best of luck.

Nick

bigtruck260
11-19-2009, 09:43 PM
bigstig-I know you said you will not comment anymore about this.But i just wanted to say i accept your apology about miswording that.But bob just sent me your emails with him.And even from what you said in your post.I don't find it arrogant at all.The guy is the ultimate kingman collector.So i am sure he like just like 2000mvpfan is with jason giambi knows when a item of thier player hits the market.Don't let confidance get confused with arrogance.And the comment about that," he would get that item if anyone got it".He proberly had a deal with the guy if he ever sells it that bob would get the first chance at it.But it's all about how you read people.And i have never read him the way you have.And i have emailed him personally as i do all the time.But i am not going to beg him to come back to here.He will when and if he wants to.I just let him know,once a friend,always a friend.And we dont need this forum to continue the friendship.The mods created this mess and its funny as you still have not heard from them on this subject or any for that matter.As i have been on the this forum for more than a year and still have no idea who there are.You are entiled to voice you thoughts,but i am also entitled and obligated to defend my friend.:)

Big deal. Someone left because their feelings were hurt. This is how life goes sometimes. It is possible (beleive it or not) for your personality to 'rub some people the wrong way." It happens.

There are people here who constantly rub me the wrong way - even though they are regarded as truly nice people around here. Even with smiley face emoticons, it's hard to tell what people are really saying in print...that's why we get these O/T threads with 5000 viewers and 40 posts nearly once a week.

I read the post that Andrew made regarding Bob's original topic RE: Adam Dunn. I re-read it. I don't see where the offense lies. In Bob's response to the comment about Andrew, it seemed to me he was rolling his eyes as he typed it. Again, Bob is what you all call 'a dinosaur' so maybe he is not familar with the smiley faces to convey that he was joking, etc.

However, Andrew felt the need to speak up. He has access that few of us have...and was protecting his reputation.

Regardless - I have emailed with Bob before - and yes, he's a good guy. But some here have not figured out that in forum land, there are people who are not going to agree with everything you say all the time.

For every 100 people that think I am cool, there are 5 that think I am a complete douchebag. I can't control it - so I go on living my life.

Best wishes to you Bob. If you are good enough to have beers with your favorite player of all time, then you are good enough to grace the pages of GUU. Don't take things here too personally....that's my advice to you brother.

God Bless.

34swtns
11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
People are constantly offending me on the forums I participate in. I've learned to treat it just like I do all the amateur drivers who behave in the same manner on my daily 60-mile commute..........I flip 'em off and continue driving.
Tomorrow I might pass somebody driving slow in the fast lane, hurt his feelings, and he flips me off.......no big. Ya' just keep on driving.

jobathenut
11-20-2009, 02:59 AM
bigtruck-That is a very long response to have only missed the point of my post.You might want to re-read mine as you did andrew's.As my whole point is that BIGSTIG said "bob rubs people the wrong way".Well i am people and he did'nt rub me the wrong way.Maybe you don't mind people speaking for you,but i certainly do especially when that person is ripping on a friend of mine.And i am a grown man so there is no need to talk down to me as "i know how life goes sometimes".I know people hurt people sometimes with thier words.And people are alot more different on forums like this than if they were face to face with that person.And i know people always disagree and see people in different ways.But i am sorry just because someone puts those "smiles" icons on what they say does not cover that they might be ripping on you.Some do that so they can get away with what they say and say i was joking.But to me it does'nt excuse it.If i called you the meanest thing you could think of but put this:) ,well does it excuse it as a joke.No,in my book.So it's a guessing game if they ment that as a joke or not i guess.Thats why i would only joke with people that would know it or not.Otherwise i would actaully write-just joking(as i am a dinosour i guess too cause i don't speak text).But that was not the point of my post anyway.It was more to the point that the poster should've said "he rubs "ME" the wrong way.And it really does not mean a hill of beans if you were offended by what andrew said in that post.It's what bob thought and felt from it.And he obviously felt like he had enough of being called out on here and being criticized for all to read it.He is dealing with some serious stuff called "real life" and came on here to escape that.And then he found out that this was not a escape anymore and is done with it for now.My thoughts and prayers go out to bob and if he comes on to read this to always remember he has a friend in me.
Big deal. Someone left because their feelings were hurt. This is how life goes sometimes. It is possible (beleive it or not) for your personality to 'rub some people the wrong way." It happens.

There are people here who constantly rub me the wrong way - even though they are regarded as truly nice people around here. Even with smiley face emoticons, it's hard to tell what people are really saying in print...that's why we get these O/T threads with 5000 viewers and 40 posts nearly once a week.

I read the post that Andrew made regarding Bob's original topic RE: Adam Dunn. I re-read it. I don't see where the offense lies. In Bob's response to the comment about Andrew, it seemed to me he was rolling his eyes as he typed it. Again, Bob is what you all call 'a dinosaur' so maybe he is not familar with the smiley faces to convey that he was joking, etc.

However, Andrew felt the need to speak up. He has access that few of us have...and was protecting his reputation.

Regardless - I have emailed with Bob before - and yes, he's a good guy. But some here have not figured out that in forum land, there are people who are not going to agree with everything you say all the time.

For every 100 people that think I am cool, there are 5 that think I am a complete douchebag. I can't control it - so I go on living my life.

Best wishes to you Bob. If you are good enough to have beers with your favorite player of all time, then you are good enough to grace the pages of GUU. Don't take things here too personally....that's my advice to you brother.

God Bless.

CollectGU
11-20-2009, 07:46 AM

I have to agree. Bob left the forum, end of story. It's not like he is going to stop seaking privately off the forum to those he developed friendships with while he was an an "official" poster so I don't see the big deal..Not sure why he had to publicly post is "forum retirement".... In my opinion the whole goodbye thread with everyone wishing and hoping he comes back is so melodramatic and over the top....I'm just waiting for the official "I'm back because of all the love and support!" post...I'm sure I'll get killed for this

Dave

cigarman44
11-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I have to agree. Bob left the forum, end of story. It's not like he is going to stop seaking privately off the forum to those he developed friendships with while he was an an "official" poster so I don't see the big deal..Not sure why he had to publicly post is "forum retirement".... In my opinion the whole goodbye thread with everyone wishing and hoping he comes back is so melodramatic and over the top....I'm just waiting for the official "I'm back because of all the love and support!" post...I'm sure I'll get killed for this

Dave

+1

3arod13
11-20-2009, 10:16 AM

Dave

-1 -1 -1 -1 -1

bigtruck260
11-20-2009, 12:23 PM
[quote=jobathenut;171402]And i am a grown man so there is no need to talk down to me as "i know how life goes sometimes"quote]

Here is another situation Joba - I did not think you were a grown man. I honestly thought you were a kid. You can get offended again if you like, but your posts...including the one above in response to mine is a long, rambling paragraph.

This is what I am talking about - you never know who is really behind the keyboard. You can't always tell what the intent of a post is - even with an emoticon.

BIGSTIG said that Bob rubs people the wrong way. He might have made an error in the context of 'people' - but I got his point.

Again, Joba - I am only responding as a person who generally lays back and does not get involved in controversy...however, in this case - there were 20 positive comments and ONE comment that you didn't like. Like I said, there will always be a person (or people) who disagree with what you think...or say. Who cares?

D

bigtruck260
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Well said! Bob, as you can see by many of the supportive comments, you will be sorely missed. And we all know that if you left, you would deeply miss this forum tremendously.

I remember when I first came to this forum and showed everyone my two BLONDE Arod game used bats. I got pounced on from every direction for those bats being BP bats. I was frustrated and felt the same way, "I don't need this crap, I'm gone."

Well, a few years later, I'm still here, and I'm glad I made the decision to stay.

Hang in there and rethink your decision.

Regards, Tony

Tony - I just noticed your -1-1-1-1-1 post. Nice.

I just went back and re-read your post in this thread and from the way things look, you were telling Bob to not take things too personally and to stick around. You of all people should understand that not everyone sees eye to eye, and that there are differences in everyone that don't always come through in posts.

I know you are a good guy who has been around MANY different types of personalities over the course of your military service time.

Are you telling me that Dave's comment about people being melodramatic is THAT far off base?

And to Joba's comment about the forum being an escape from real life...?
I have some news for you...

In the cyber world, like the real world, there are trolls, scammers, jerks and some genuinely nice people. You just have to choose when to reply and who to reply to...just like life.

I like you Tony - and Joba - you too. If you are not getting the point of my posts, I'll still like you, and respect you based on the many other things we agree on, and our passion for the hobby. My opinion is my own. I don't expect all or any of you to agree with me.

3arod13
11-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Tony - I just noticed your -1-1-1-1-1 post. Nice.

I just went back and re-read your post in this thread and from the way things look, you were telling Bob to not take things too personally and to stick around. You of all people should understand that not everyone sees eye to eye, and that there are differences in everyone that don't always come through in posts.

I know you are a good guy who has been around MANY different types of personalities over the course of your military service time.

Are you telling me that Dave's comment about people being melodramatic is THAT far off base?

And to Joba's comment about the forum being an escape from real life...?
I have some news for you...

In the cyber world, like the real world, there are trolls, scammers, jerks and some genuinely nice people. You just have to choose when to reply and who to reply to...just like life.

I like you Tony - and Joba - you too. If you are not getting the point of my posts, I'll still like you, and respect you based on the many other things we agree on, and our passion for the hobby. My opinion is my own. I don't expect all or any of you to agree with me.

Did I error? My -1 -1 -1 -1 was my "thumbs down" for the comment by CollectGU.below. I think it's pretty cool that people are trying to boost up his spirits and tell him to shake it off and not let it bother him to that point of giving up (leaving the forum). It's called being a friend when their down.

Regards, Tony

Originally Posted by CollectGU http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=171408#post171408)

Dave

jobathenut
11-21-2009, 03:19 AM
3arod13-All i know is i understood what you ment and i agree with you.
Did I error? My -1 -1 -1 -1 was my "thumbs down" for the comment by CollectGU.below. I think it's pretty cool that people are trying to boost up his spirits and tell him to shake it off and not let it bother him to that point of giving up (leaving the forum). It's called being a friend when their down.

Regards, Tony

Originally Posted by CollectGU http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=171408#post171408)

Dave

jobathenut
11-21-2009, 03:28 AM
bigtruck-Seriously,grammer on a measage board.My grammer makes me sound like a kid, that's fine.As i am sure all you other grown men on here all use proper sentence structure.And thanks for gving me premission to be offended about it.And who cares? i guess bob did.And my point about "real life".All i was trying to say is that he like myself come on here for enjoyment and to get away from stress of the day.But thanks for the life lessons i really do appreciate them.You are like the yoda of this forum.:) hey it's ok i put a smile face,that means it's ok to take that shot at you.
[quote=jobathenut;171402]And i am a grown man so there is no need to talk down to me as "i know how life goes sometimes"quote]

Here is another situation Joba - I did not think you were a grown man. I honestly thought you were a kid. You can get offended again if you like, but your posts...including the one above in response to mine is a long, rambling paragraph.

This is what I am talking about - you never know who is really behind the keyboard. You can't always tell what the intent of a post is - even with an emoticon.

BIGSTIG said that Bob rubs people the wrong way. He might have made an error in the context of 'people' - but I got his point.

Again, Joba - I am only responding as a person who generally lays back and does not get involved in controversy...however, in this case - there were 20 positive comments and ONE comment that you didn't like. Like I said, there will always be a person (or people) who disagree with what you think...or say. Who cares?

D

3arod13
11-21-2009, 08:01 AM
3arod13-All i know is i understood what you ment and i agree with you.

People have different mindsets, positive and negative attitudes about different things, and see things differently, which is fine.

But how we choose our words at others and share those thoughts, makes a big difference. For those who want to add a positive and supportive comment to this thread is great. But for someone to then take those supportive and positive comments and state, "In my opinion the whole goodbye thread with everyone wishing and hoping he comes back is so melodramatic and over the top....", is a slam against those who made those comments.

Even if you personally think those comments were "melodramatic and over the top", there was no need to make the comment against those who were supportive.

Again, it's called being a friend!

Regards, Tony

CollectGU
11-21-2009, 08:34 AM
-1 -1 -1 -1 -1

I wanted to let the board know that the 5 -1's that Tony gave me were very hurtful, excessive and upsetting to me. It is common on message boards to add only one + or - to a post NOT 5!....Ive had enough of this abuse and am officially calling it quits as senior memer of the board.....

nomo121
11-21-2009, 08:54 AM
What is a -1?

3arod13
11-21-2009, 10:08 AM
What is a -1?

I assumed +1 means you agree, and -1 means you don't. If I added 5 -1's, then I was simply stating I totally and definately agree with the comment.

This is the only message board I particpate in, so I'm not up on every and all rules like this.

As the young people say, "My bad." :)

3arod13
11-21-2009, 10:21 AM
I wanted to let the board know that the 5 -1's that Tony gave me were very hurtful, excessive and upsetting to me. It is common on message boards to add only one + or - to a post NOT 5!....Ive had enough of this abuse and am officially calling it quits as senior memer of the board.....

I want to officially apologize for hurting your feelings and upsetting you. Please don't go! You're a great guy and we will miss you if you do :)

cigarman44
11-21-2009, 10:25 AM

If your going to retire please start your own thread :)

Capital-Sports
11-21-2009, 10:38 AM
If were gonna get into grammar, I will state, Tony incorrectly spelled definitely.

Now should I sue him, or consign my next auctions to him? :D:D:D

jobathenut
11-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Again 3arod13 i agree with all you are saying.I will even go a step furthur.Why post on this thread with a negative comment.I mean kicking someone when they are down is just plain uncalled for.Yes, its a forum and yes,i understand people have thier right to express thier thoughts.But i guess i don't understand it.Bob is not the type to do this for attention he was just letting people know he had enough and is leaving.I am sure he will be back but that's his choice.I think he even started the thread in a way to show his dissapointment on how this board has become a bashing forum.And the only reason i even posted on here is to show bob that he had a friend in me.And i just have to say that you you state things just like i would about this.It's not so much what you say,but how you say it.quote=3arod13;171575]People have different mindsets, positive and negative attitudes about different things, and see things differently, which is fine.

But how we choose our words at others and share those thoughts, makes a big difference. For those who want to add a positive and supportive comment to this thread is great. But for someone to then take those supportive and positive comments and state, "In my opinion the whole goodbye thread with everyone wishing and hoping he comes back is so melodramatic and over the top....", is a slam against those who made those comments.

Even if you personally think those comments were "melodramatic and over the top", there was no need to make the comment against those who were supportive.

Again, it's called being a friend!

Regards, Tony[/quote]

jobathenut
11-21-2009, 07:34 PM
I am glad to read that this has become one big joke to you guys.Don't maybe work on making the forum better.Just keep making your little jokes and belittling people.Thats the way to go.And you find that you will just become a bashing forum with noone actually discussing topics intellegently.Bob had a valid point and most of you are missing it.This site used to be a forum where you could express your points of view in a mature way.But not now as you get bashed for that.And again bob did not quit cause "someone hurt his feelings and was mean to him".He left because of this kind of silliness on this last page.Keep up with the jokes though.Man you guys are funny!!!

both-teams-played-hard
11-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Can we preview our posts before they're submitted? This thread is crawling with html issues.
I hope Bob comes back. He seems like a good guy. Then again, I hope that the many members who no longer post will return with some keen insight about game used stuff. But then again, it's just a stupid message board. Tears dry.

Capital-Sports
11-21-2009, 11:34 PM
I just read my post from last night (drinking) and I have no idea what I was talking about....

Gotta stop drunken posts :D:D

bigtruck260
11-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Just thought I'd add another Yoda moment :D
I talked to Bob via email, and it's all good. He of all people understood where I was coming from. Sometimes friends come in different packages., with different messages.

And Joba - no big deal about the grammar. We all have some sort of issue here. Mine is personal reflection. You guys are fortunate that I draw the line at religion here...we could get really deep.

Much respect to you all.

jobathenut
11-22-2009, 01:24 AM
BIGTRUCK-I just thought it was funny to judge me (or anyone) from my grammer on a forum.I mean i could understand that if the person is maybe speaking "text" and can't use complete words.I mean my daughter will show me messages from her friends and her on her phone and i have no clue what they are talking about.And i tell her at least when we were teenagers we used complete words to communicate.I know "that's a great story grandpa".But anyway,you say that "we all have sort of issues on here".And as yours is "personal reflection".I guess mine is defending friends.And also just common decentcy towards others on here would also be a issue of mine.But then i have more issues than a newsstand.I understood where you were coming from also.I am glad to read that you emailed bob and expressed yourself to him.And its' all good with me and you as far as i am concerned.Thanks for another yoda moment.And your line is religion and mine is politics.:)
Just thought I'd add another Yoda moment :D
I talked to Bob via email, and it's all good. He of all people understood where I was coming from. Sometimes friends come in different packages., with different messages.

And Joba - no big deal about the grammar. We all have some sort of issue here. Mine is personal reflection. You guys are fortunate that I draw the line at religion here...we could get really deep.

Much respect to you all.

ChrisCavalier
11-22-2009, 08:35 AM
As I mentioned in another thread, I have been sick recently and am trying to catch up on some things after being very busy with our auction. At this time, we are closing this thread as we don't see its current value as it pretains to the discussion of game used memorabilia. We will also be looking into this thread and a few others to see why some continue to take things to a personal level. If you are going to continue to post here, please note the following forum rules:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby. Any posts which the Administrator deems as a personal attack or an attempt to unnecessarily discredit others will be subject to the administrative rules of the forum.

Also, please note that all member participation in the forum are subject to all of the forum rules stated here and that we reserve the right to determine who may continue to post here based on these rules:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=99

This forum was created and is operated with the sole intent of trying to help the hobby and provide useful information to collectors. If you wish to participate, please make sure that is your objective.