PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Gloves

skyking26
11-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Question to the GU glove experts out there. I am not privy to the values placed on today's stars game used gloves....

That said - can everyone give me an idea what Dunn's first baseman or OF gloves should go for on the market today?

Thanks for your valued opinions.

RK

camarokids
11-16-2009, 04:35 PM
I bet Andrew Lang could tell you. Send me an email and I will tell you what I paid for some of my better gloves....

skyking26
11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
I bet Andrew Lang could tell you. Send me an email and I will tell you what I paid for some of my better gloves....
I've been talking to Andrew for most of 2009. He hasn't been able to hook me up with anything regarding Dunn that I am looking for...will that change? Time tells.

allstarsplus
11-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I've been talking to Andrew for most of 2009. He hasn't been able to hook me up with anything regarding Dunn that I am looking for...will that change? Time tells.

Are you kidding me? I hooked you up with a great Adam Dunn 2009 bat and have offered you throughout the season, Team USA items, and from the Nationals ---cleats, batting gloves, jerseys, pants, a cap, and a HR jersey. You didn't want the HR jersey because it didn't have a Set tag so I sold it to someone else.

I went on personal searches for Adam Dunn stuff exclusively for you and sent a text message to Adam this morning to try to get you his game used gloves and sorry he didn't want to do anything with them.

In September, I went directly to Adam's agent who is Greg Genske of Legacy Sports Group and tried to get a deal done with Julia Schmidt who is head of their marketing.

Last week I attempted to hook you up on his 2009 Set 2 jersey (tons of use) with matching Set 2 pants w/ repairs, 2009 home cap, embroidered cleats, customized batting gloves, and belt. Yes, I didn't get you a price right away but I did tell you that I paid $1,000 for the jersey, pants and belt so throwing into the deal, the only game cap I had plus the cleats and batting gloves seemed extremely reasonable to me at $1,275. After paying with PayPal, I would net $1,239. So $239 for his cap, cleats and batting gloves. So I don't deserve $14 profit or would that be eaten up in shipping charges.

Bob, sorry you didn't like the price as hooking you up. Sorry Adam Dunn Reds items sell cheap as you have continually told me. Life goes on. As you saw, Jim Reed from the Forum snapped it up within minutes. I am happy for Jim.

Bob, I feel sorry for you. You have trivialized the hours upon hours of work I have done on your behalf.

After reading this I am very upset that you would say that and also some of the emails you wrote to me.

Danny899
11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Are you kidding me? I hooked you up with a great Adam Dunn 2009 bat and have offered you throughout the season, Team USA items, and from the Nationals ---cleats, batting gloves, jerseys, pants, a cap, and a HR jersey. You didn't want the HR jersey because it didn't have a Set tag so I sold it to someone else.

I went on personal searches for Adam Dunn stuff exclusively for you and sent a text message to Adam this morning to try to get you his game used gloves and sorry he didn't want to do anything with them.

In September, I went directly to Adam's agent who is Greg Genske of Legacy Sports Group and tried to get a deal done with Julia Schmidt who is head of their marketing.

Last week I attempted to hook you up on his 2009 Set 2 jersey (tons of use) with matching Set 2 pants w/ repairs, 2009 home cap, embroidered cleats, customized batting gloves, and belt. Yes, I didn't get you a price right away but I did tell you that I paid $1,000 for the jersey, pants and belt so throwing into the deal, the only game cap I had plus the cleats and batting gloves seemed extremely reasonable to me at $1,275. After paying with PayPal, I would net $1,239. So $239 for his cap, cleats and batting gloves. So I don't deserve $14 profit or would that be eaten up in shipping charges.

Bob, sorry you didn't like the price as hooking you up. Sorry Adam Dunn Reds items sell cheap as you have continually told me. Life goes on. As you saw, Jim Reed from the Forum snapped it up within minutes. I am happy for Jim.

Bob, I feel sorry for you. You have trivialized the hours upon hours of work I have done on your behalf.

After reading this I am very upset that you would say that and also some of the emails you wrote to me.

Wow! I don't know you Mr. Lang but I sure wish you had the same accessibility to Rickey Henderson gamers as you apparently do with Adam Dunn! I would be your new best buddy! And if that were the case I certainly would be appreciative of your efforts! (and your knowledge)
Dan

WadeInBmore
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow! I don't know you Mr. Lang but I sure wish you had the same accessibility to Rickey Henderson gamers as you apparently do with Adam Dunn! I would be your new best buddy! And if that were the case I certainly would be appreciative of your efforts! (and your knowledge)
Dan

Dan...

You may want to try to get in touch with SportsCentury if you haven't already. In the past he has had a bunch of Henderson items. Good luck

wade

allstarsplus
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Dan

Danny, I own Rickey's cleats from his 3,001st hit game and lots of game used bats. Have you talked to Reid Fontaine or the ManOfSteal?

skyking26
11-16-2009, 09:41 PM

Andrew, I have not even read your comment yet...my comment was not made as a slam at all; it was made as a realistic remark and that 2010 is to come. You read the comment wrong. If anyone else took it that way-let me clear the air. Andrew had a specific wantlist from me and it would have been difficult for anyone to fill. He told me yesterday he'd make every attempt to help me next year.

Emails and comments thereof can be taken about any way. Hope that "clears the air."

RK

Danny899
11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Danny, I own Rickey's cleats from his 3,001st hit game and lots of game used bats. Have you talked to Reid Fontaine or the ManOfSteal?

Wade and Andrew, thank you both kindly for the input. Many of my Henderson gamers came through MOS, including rare Jays jerseys. Also, I've known Reid for quite some time and consider him a friend with a common interest. Many of my other Rickey jerseys not obtained from MOS have graced the vigilant eyes of Dave Miedema and gotten his seal of endorsement. (No better endorsement in the hobby is available than that of his, I think)
Mr. Lang, if time permits, could you desribe the cleats and their origin as I would be interested in hearing this. Again, thank you for your time.
Thanks,
Dan

allstarsplus
11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Andrew, I have not even read your comment yet...my comment was not made as a slam at all; it was made as a realistic remark and that 2010 is to come. You read the comment wrong. If anyone else took it that way-let me clear the air. Andrew had a specific wantlist from me and it would have been difficult for anyone to fill. He told me yesterday he'd make every attempt to help me next year.

Emails and comments thereof can be taken about any way. Hope that "clears the air."

RK

If I took your comments the wrong way, I apologize. You have a good heart and are well intentioned.

GrndSlm
11-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Danny, contact me because I have 2 fantastic Rickey Hernderson jerseys for sale. A home Yankees 1985 with incredible use and a Home Oakland A's from his record breaking year of 1982.

Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

allstarsplus
11-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Wade and Andrew, thank you both kindly for the input. Many of my Henderson gamers came through MOS, including rare Jays jerseys. Also, I've known Reid for quite some time and consider him a friend with a common interest. Many of my other Rickey jerseys not obtained from MOS have graced the vigilant eyes of Dave Miedema and gotten his seal of endorsement. (No better endorsement in the hobby is available than that of his, I think)
Mr. Lang, if time permits, could you desribe the cleats and their origin as I would be interested in hearing this. Again, thank you for your time.
Thanks,
Dan

The cleats are auto'd and inscribed by Rickey. If you remember that brief period when Rickey did a deal with Scot Monette, that is the time period the cleats came from and I bought them directly from Scot.

Danny899
11-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Danny, contact me because I have 2 fantastic Rickey Hernderson jerseys for sale. A home Yankees 1985 with incredible use and a Home Oakland A's from his record breaking year of 1982.

Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

Juan, Is the A's 82 by chance a button down with the bottom sheared off? Signed on the front and back below the number? Thanks

sforaker
11-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Andrew - interesting that you have Rickey's 3,001 hit cleats. I have his 3,001 hit bat (inscribed as such by Henderson and autographed). Thanks again for your help yesterday in sorting out the Nats dream gala issue.

Scott

allstarsplus
11-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Andrew - interesting that you have Rickey's 3,001 hit cleats. I have his 3,001 hit bat (inscribed as such by Henderson and autographed). Thanks again for your help yesterday in sorting out the Nats dream gala issue.

Scott

Scott - Wow, what a crazy coincidence that is. Did you get it from Scot Monette?

Glad I could help you with your acquisition of the Pujols.

Sounds like you have quite the collection!!!!