PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on a possible photomatch?

MLB_Authentic
11-14-2009, 06:59 PM
To me, it looks like it is, but I wanted to get some unbiased opinions. Obviously it was used more after this game, but what do you think?

RJB44
11-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Looks good for a match.

STLHAMMER32
11-14-2009, 07:35 PM
you cant say it is 100% because the photo is not clear or close enought to say without a doubt. However I would say that it is the same bat. Pinetar looks right, mark looks to be spaced correctly. Looks like a match to me, hope you can find a closeup of the bat to call it a photomatch officially.

nomarmauerfan
11-14-2009, 09:13 PM
I would look to match the knob. The handwriting is much thicker (marker) than the norm (thin marker, pen or pencil). Find that and you'll have an easy match. Did your source say when he obtained the bat? The batch code is early (I believe). However, there looked to be some thicker marker on Joe's bat knob at the end of the season. I know for a fact that he keeps 3 bats prepped for every game. So, between the limited number available to the public and the infrequency of Joe breaking bats, you should have a relatively easy time based on the date. Good luck.

Mike

MLB_Authentic
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
He said it was used against detroit in one of the last games in the dome. Pictures from the play in game show the thick marker, but I am unable to match anything else. The picture posted above is from July 8th against the Yankees and the blue mark looks like a match to me, however, I want to see a match, thats why I was asking for other opinions.

There is one more spot on the front of the bat that I will post tomorrow from the same game that also seems to match.

The batch code is early, but I didnt see any photos from earlier in the season with the thicker marker, basically only from July onward.

I would look to match the knob. The handwriting is much thicker (marker) than the norm (thin marker, pen or pencil). Find that and you'll have an easy match. Did your source say when he obtained the bat? The batch code is early (I believe). However, there looked to be some thicker marker on Joe's bat knob at the end of the season. I know for a fact that he keeps 3 bats prepped for every game. So, between the limited number available to the public and the infrequency of Joe breaking bats, you should have a relatively easy time based on the date. Good luck.

Mike

MLB_Authentic
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
In this photo, the markings on the knob are in the same spot as mine, but no discernable marks are present. The source did say it was used against the Tigers, and this is from the play in game, but its definately not a conclusive match.

nomarmauerfan
11-14-2009, 09:32 PM
It would be interesting to see if it would match the extra bat in the background. I agree, the marker is a match. Like you, I only saw thick marker in early Aug. and in early October. You know, if you can't match it, then you probably shouldn't keep it. Therefore, the only logical thing is to sell it to me:D

Mike

nomarmauerfan
11-14-2009, 09:33 PM
One more thing...your bat has a fair amount of checking. So, it has been used a bunch. Like I said, I wonder if its the spare in the background. Either way, she's a beut!!!

Mike

MLB_Authentic
11-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey, that seems logical to me :D , I have a feeling that it is probably from the playin game. From what the source told me, and based on that knob marker, but I cannot say for sure. I am hoping Kyle will be able to get me some good shots from MLB.TV. I am waiting to hear back from him.

If I ever decide to part with it, I will let you know for sure.

MLB_Authentic
11-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah it is actually pretty pounded even though there arent a great deal of ink transfers.

One more thing...your bat has a fair amount of checking. So, it has been used a bunch. Like I said, I wonder if its the spare in the background. Either way, she's a beut!!!

Mike