PDA

View Full Version : Collector to Collector Items for Sale can come back anytime now.....

camarokids
11-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Your auction is over. Please put the ads back up.

capitalssticks
11-14-2009, 05:00 PM
so we can flood that with items :)

corsairs22
11-14-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't plan to do any selling here, but I would like to see what others will part with.

ChrisWinsalways
11-14-2009, 09:09 PM
I agree,I dont think the adds will effects bids on Jim Brown's helmet at this point.

MLB_Authentic
11-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Bumpity Bump Bump.

cohibasmoker
11-15-2009, 08:40 AM
eBay is still open.

Jim

xpress34
11-15-2009, 10:23 AM
eBay is still open.

AMEN! :rolleyes:

While were on the subject, is anyone else STILL getting eMails about the GUU Auction???

I just got ANOTHER one THIS morning to let me know the GUU Auctions are NOW CLOSED!!!! That happened 3 Days ago!!!

Is anyone minding the store here???

- Chris

suicide_squeeze
11-15-2009, 01:45 PM
camarokids started it off in a seemingly plain and to-the-point statement.....although I think it would have been better sent as a private message to one or two mods, or via an email......not posted here for a few other rude comments to fly afterwards. I guess there is no room for decency anymore. I guess the expectation of most in todays society is just to accept nothing but instant service, and to hell with what reality is.

You guys come here to use this service, this great site where knowedgable people can share priceless info, yet you take no hesitation in insulting the very moderators who run it.

Maybe some of you could be a bit more professional in your "delivery" of what it is you are trying to request as you so blatantly kick the "hand that feeds you". If running a site like this is so easy, in your minds, where's the competing site of your own?

hiramman
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Maybe some of you could be a bit more professional in your "delivery" of what it is you are trying to request as you so blatantly kick the "hand that feeds you". If running a site like this is so easy, in your minds, where's the competing site of your own?

Amen! I'm waiting on the return of the Collector to Collector Items for Sale, too but give the guys a break. The auction's only been closed a few days.

xpress34
11-15-2009, 06:53 PM
SS and Hiram -

While I understand you r points of view, I also see where Camaro and the others are coming from...

The site was able to pull down the Classifieds the SAME day the Auction started, they should be able to restore it the SAME day the Auction ended.

I'm patient, I was simply saying Amen (tongue in cheek) to Jim's comment about eBay still being open. If guys are 'jonzing' to bid on stuff, they can always go there...

However, I do find it - as others said earlier about the auction when it was getting pushed back - a little unsettling that no Mod has taken the time to even address this thread... I would think the title alone would raise a red flag for at least one of the mods to read what has been posted here and at least make a post. That is why I made the comment about 'minding the store'.

It has been made quite obvious on these boards of late that EVERYONE here has an opinion to voice, so if you want to be supported or respected when you voice yours, you need to have the same respect and support of other 'boardies' who may not share your point of view.

Just my .02

- Chris

Lokee
11-15-2009, 08:01 PM
While it was "beneficial" to shut the classifieds down it is "not beneficial" to quickly open them up. I thought you guys would get that :rolleyes:

cohibasmoker
11-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Guys - I don't mean to offend anyone but the way I see it, it's a free service and whenever they decide to open it back up - that's OK with me.

Jim

corsairs22
11-15-2009, 09:10 PM
It is free, so one waits. On the other hand, a few of us ponied up some money to have access to the game used records, and it would be good if the moderators were to be responsive to questions and suggestions.

ndevlin
11-15-2009, 09:35 PM
It is free, so one waits. On the other hand, a few of us ponied up some money to have access to the game used records, and it would be good if the moderators were to be responsive to questions and suggestions.

I could care less either way, but I paid for this a long time ago too and I dont even get an auction cat. sent to me, yet others do?

No biggie, I dont bid anyways.

suicide_squeeze
11-15-2009, 09:54 PM
SS and Hiram -

While I understand you r points of view, I also see where Camaro and the others are coming from...

The site was able to pull down the Classifieds the SAME day the Auction started, they should be able to restore it the SAME day the Auction ended.

I'm patient, I was simply saying Amen (tongue in cheek) to Jim's comment about eBay still being open. If guys are 'jonzing' to bid on stuff, they can always go there...

However, I do find it - as others said earlier about the auction when it was getting pushed back - a little unsettling that no Mod has taken the time to even address this thread... I would think the title alone would raise a red flag for at least one of the mods to read what has been posted here and at least make a post. That is why I made the comment about 'minding the store'.

It has been made quite obvious on these boards of late that EVERYONE here has an opinion to voice, so if you want to be supported or respected when you voice yours, you need to have the same respect and support of other 'boardies' who may not share your point of view.

Just my .02

- Chris

Chris,

I hesitated in even writing my "2 cents" here because I respect, in particular, you and Jim (cohibasmoker) very much, along with others here. But in the end, I did it anyways. Lately it just seems that there has been a bit of harshness thrown at the mods of this site, and I feel it's a bit unwarranted at times, but I in no way think this thread was meant to be that. It just opened up the flood gates like all the posts do with the "jump-on-the-bandwagon" mentality this forum has taken on recently. I just thought it might be a good idea to call that fact out, and minimize the fallout in doing so.

I'm sure you guys can understand that. Everyone here is entitled to "air it out" on anything they feel needs to be commented on. Far be it from me to give anyone the impression otherwise. I just think the guys that run this site deserve a bit of a break coming off their first major auction.

Thanks,

Steve

suicide_squeeze
11-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I could care less either way, but I paid for this a long time ago too and I dont even get an auction cat. sent to me, yet others do?

No biggie, I dont bid anyways.

Geezuz Christ, Nate. I didn't get one either. But I'm not going to come here and cry about it?

Have you contacted them to ask you for a catalog? I'll bet if you do, you'd have one in the mail in short time.

Why don't you grow up a bit and knock off all of the small-man comments. You're better than that, Nate. I've been told so by a few other members here. And I believe them, so don't prove them wrong.

I don't think anyone here cares if you bid or not, just like they don't care if I or Jim or Chris or David or ANYONE else bids or not. Just be respectable towards the people that run the site, or who knows, they may just end up feeling like a lot of the forum members have come to recently.....me being one of them......that posting here isn't worth the trouble.

I hope you are taking this as it is intended....as a constructive criticism comment, not one to entice indifference or conflict between any of us. I think you guys have a right to ask for the C-to-C thread to be reinstated since the auction is over, just do it in a constructive manner....that's all I am saying.

Peace!!!

camarokids
11-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Everyone,
I posted this thread NOT to illicit hard/bad feelings towards the mods. I just would like to see the For Sale Items return. I currently do not have any items to sell. But, occasionally do find items I want for sale on this site.

Remember everyone Helen is watching!!

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Guys - I don't mean to offend anyone but the way I see it, it's a free service and whenever they decide to open it back up - that's OK with me.

Jim

+1

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2009, 06:49 AM
There is an auction catalog? How does someone get one?

aeneas01
11-16-2009, 09:06 AM
There is an auction catalog? How does someone get one?

send me your mailing address at GUUAUCTIONS@horizoncable.com and i'll make sure you get one....

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2009, 11:44 AM
send me your mailing address at GUUAUCTIONS@horizoncable.com and i'll make sure you get one....

Thank you!

mr.miracle
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Come on in complain whine and bitch about everything.

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Come on in complain whine and bitch about everything.

ok cool...

Why is my lunch too hot to eat? I'm hungry now!

Darn mailman showed up 5 minutes before I was done with my outgoing mail.

Stupid trashmen are supposed to pick up one day later when there's a holiday in the week. So what happened? They came on their regular day and my trash wasn't out.

I have to pee, again!

Got to leave soon and pick up my son from school and I'm not even done with all my work. Top it off, I have to deal with that nasty crossing guard.

Paint's peeling on the front door. I've got to paint that again before winter....geez I hate painting.

Someone called me to register for a class while he was ordering lunch at the drive thru.....stupid people.

ok, I'm good, I feel better now. Thanks!

:)

corsairs22
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
There is a lot of needless drama on this site.

xpress34
11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Chris,

I hesitated in even writing my "2 cents" here because I respect, in particular, you and Jim (cohibasmoker) very much, along with others here.

Steve -

We're all good. I'm sure Robert knows I don't mean any disrespect either to the mods - hell, we had a great conversation in the days just before the auction began, and YES, I did get a catalog, because I asked how to obtain one prior to the auction.

That said, there is another post on the site now that I had to laugh about - GUU Auction Postcard - because like these guys, I got my postcard about the auction almost 3 days after the auction had ended.

I understand the mods and such are busy and that there is a ton of stuff that goes into the auction. I stand by my statement - other than Robert just recently here addressing the Catalog issue - that I am surprised that no mods have responded to this thread, especially given it's title.

Peace!

- Chris

camarokids
11-18-2009, 05:20 PM
No disrespect mods. But since you all seem to be more reactionary to getting stuff done on the forum. Maybe you just need a little push in the direction that the membership would like you all to go.

Please put the ads back up.:)

I am sure it would only take a few strokes :eek:(on the keyboard, get your mind out of the gutter) and a few clicks on the mouse to get it done......:)

jbsportstuff
11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
AMEN! :rolleyes:

While were on the subject, is anyone else STILL getting eMails about the GUU Auction???

I just got ANOTHER one THIS morning to let me know the GUU Auctions are NOW CLOSED!!!! That happened 3 Days ago!!!

Is anyone minding the store here???

- Chris
Chris,
I contacted GUU and told them the exact same thing and they said that it all had to do with my internet provider. I don't think that with this many of us having a problem, it can all be traced back to our internet providers... I also asked in my e-mail that I wanted to collector to collector to come back...no reply to that request.

BRING BACK the collector to collector please!!!!!!

ndevlin
11-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Chris,
I contacted GUU and told them the exact same thing and they said that it all had to do with my internet provider. I don't think that with this many of us having a problem, it can all be traced back to our internet providers... I also asked in my e-mail that I wanted to collector to collector to come back...no reply to that request.

BRING BACK the collector to collector please!!!!!!

Just search for the Collector to Collector classifieds. You can still post on there, they just took it off the homepage.

camarokids
11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Just search for the Collector to Collector classifieds. You can still post on there, they just took it off the homepage.

Very clever young man, I will take a look.

Remember mods just a few strokes will get her done......

camarokids
11-18-2009, 07:33 PM

it works!!!!!

Jays1fan
11-18-2009, 07:53 PM
it works!!!!!

More details please ..when I tried to "Search" the Collector to Collector Forum is not there

kudu
11-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Heres a link to the Collector to Collector Forum:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17&order=desc

gameused
11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
it works!!!!!

Go ahead guys, jump the gun and start posting your for sale items....... You will be the same ones whining when we lose the collectors to collectors for
sale section for good!!

Some of you guys need to chill and be patient and when the mods are good and ready they will put it back up. We been through this before and it's come back. Patience guys.....Patience!

Thanks,
Bobby

camarokids
11-18-2009, 09:18 PM
][/B]

Some of you guys need to chill and be patient and when the mods are good and ready they will put it back up. We been through this before and it's come back. Patience guys.....Patience!

Thanks,
Bobby

I agree to a point, but if they can remove it in an instant. They should be able to put it back up in an instant. Kind of like dangling a carrot in front of a horse on a stick. Or like a woman holding out on giving you her fruits, she knows you want it, but won't let you have it.....

I don't have anything to sell, but it is nice to have up for the people who do....

cohibasmoker
11-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Unlike some guys, I actually have a few items that I would like to post. BUT, I'll wait until the OWNER's of the site, who allow us to post items for FREE, decide to open the section back up.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

gameused
11-18-2009, 11:10 PM
I agree to a point, but if they can remove it in an instant. They should be able to put it back up in an instant. Kind of like dangling a carrot in front of a horse on a stick. Or like a woman holding out on giving you her fruits, she knows you want it, but won't let you have it.....

I don't have anything to sell, but it is nice to have up for the people who do....

David,

It's really not your decision when it should be put back up, I'm sure the Mods will get it up and running when they feel it's appropriate.

Kudu and Jays1fan, see that you two could not wait and had to post your for sale items. Personally I find that really selfish....I hope you don't spoil this great resource for the rest of us!

Bobby

camarokids
11-18-2009, 11:30 PM
David,

It's really not your decision when it should be put back up, I'm sure the Mods will get it up and running when they feel it's appropriate.

Kudu and Jays1fan, see that you two could not wait and had to post your for sale items. Personally I find that really selfish....I hope you don't spoil this great resource for the rest of us!

Bobby

True, true you are right, sir..... It just seems they are holding out on purpose......

chakes89
11-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Some people have WAY too much free time on thier hands............

kudu
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Bobby, if you take a look at the Classifieds, people were posting all throughout the GUU Auctions as well.

You want to tattletale on them too??:rolleyes:

gameused
11-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Bobby, if you take a look at the Classifieds, people were posting all throughout the GUU Auctions as well.

You want to tattletale on them too??:rolleyes:

Kudu,

Until you posted the link, no one really knew that the for sale section was still viewable. If you had any patience, you would wait like the majority of us GUU members and respect the MOD's until they decide to put it back up.

Another thing, I checked out your profile, it list your age at 29. My suggestion is start acting more like your age and not your IQ!!

Thank you,
Bobby

Jays1fan
11-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Kudu,

Until you posted the link, no one really knew that the for sale section was still viewable. If you had any patience, you would wait like the majority of us GUU members and respect the MOD's until they decide to put it back up.

Another thing, I checked out your profile, it list your age at 29. My suggestion is start acting more like your age and not your IQ!!

Thank you,
Bobby

Sorry Bobby , but you are wrong on this one. There was more post DURING the auction then after. Better look in the mirror on that IQ statement.

both-teams-played-hard
11-19-2009, 09:04 PM
A 1948 Jackie Robinson flannel just sold for $350,000 at a Louisville Slugger auction. The seller bought it from Dave Bushing for $100,000 a few years ago. Bushing originally paid $20,000 for the jersey.
Why has this not been mentioned on this forum?

genius
11-19-2009, 09:20 PM
The $50000 ABA jerseys on the GF HOF auction haven't been mentioned either, or the $25000 Lambert jersey on Vintage Authentics.

both-teams-played-hard
11-19-2009, 09:40 PM
The $50000 ABA jerseys on the GF HOF auction haven't been mentioned either, or the $25000 Lambert jersey on Vintage Authentics.
Those topics would be better suited for a message board about game used sports memorabilia.:)

suicide_squeeze
11-19-2009, 10:37 PM
A 1948 Jackie Robinson flannel just sold for $350,000 at a Louisville Slugger auction. The seller bought it from Dave Bushing for $100,000 a few years ago. Bushing originally paid $20,000 for the jersey.
Why has this not been mentioned on this forum?

Because, B-T-P-H, if it were mentioned, it would be a direct reflection on the fact that the quality of collectors that frequent this site has dramatically improved.

That's not the case.....yet. This place is still mainly about ganging up and insulting whoever rubs you wrong....be it a fellow member, or a mod. NO ONE is sacred here. The kids still run the roost.

Not a very strong statement for the state of the site, IMO.

By the way, B-T-P-H, I find it ironic that your comment on the Jackie Robinson jersey (which has gone up in historic value exponentially as people realize the importance if it) was post #42 on this thread.

Nice timing :cool:

both-teams-played-hard
11-19-2009, 10:51 PM
By the way, B-T-P-H, I find it ironic that your comment on the Jackie Robinson jersey (which has gone up in historic value exponentially as people realize the importance if it) was post #42 on this thread.

Nice timing :cool:
Couldn't have planned that if I tried. I'll be sure to play #42 as a lotto number on Saturday...

skipcarayislegend
11-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Need a good laugh? Click here: (Now save 10% off!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/91-Terry-Pendleton-Atlanta-Braves-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey_W0QQitemZ250523152062QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a5457eebe

This is also hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipy58SaIRhs

cohibasmoker
11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I think the longer we keep this thread going, the more its going to piss the owner's off and the more pissed off the owner's get, the longer the thread stays "CLOSED".

Don't mean to offend - just my opinion.

Jim

ndevlin
11-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I think the longer we keep this thread going, the more its going to piss the owner's off and the more pissed off the owner's get, the longer the thread stays "CLOSED".

Don't mean to offend - just my opinion.

Jim

Right on, but I dont think it hurts for someone to come on here every once and a while and address issues that are brought up............(the ongoing threads that get out of hand, general questions and issues.. etc etc.) A lot go unattended or take weeks for anyone to address.

Like I said, I could care less about the C to C, but this thread is pretty old, and I havent seen one mod come on here and address it. Things like this make me want to say....Adios! Im already hanging on by a thread already.

ndevlin
11-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I take that back....

An auction catalog was brought up and there was a response for that. Surprise, surprise.

godwulf
11-21-2009, 11:45 AM
This is also hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipy58SaIRhs

Do people really pay money to listen to that? A "vocalist" who can't sing, backed up by "musicians" who clearly have no idea how to play their instruments? You could probably pay any number of drunk, homeless guys to do at least as good a job, with a bare minimum of practice.

ChrisCavalier
11-22-2009, 08:47 AM
We are looking into a few changes to the site and will post that information when we are ready to do so. While we certainly appreciate your feedback regarding your requests, please note that the Collector to Collector Classifieds was being offered as a free service to collectors here and we will provide updates on it, and any potential changes, when we are ready.

Thanks again for your feedback. We are also closing this thread and, again, we will provide an update when we are ready.