PDA

View Full Version : question game model vs. game issued

mbenga28
11-14-2009, 08:56 AM
can someone clarify the difference between a game model and a game issued? how do you tell the difference between the two? thanks.

allstarsplus
11-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Game issued is a bat that was in the clubhouse or bat rack that never got used. In my mind it has to be a bat style that the player uses since the star players get bats to test out and sometimes just toss them away and never use them.

Game model is a legit player bat that for some reason never made it to the clubhouse or bat rack such as the player didn't like the wood and sent it back or it walked out the back door of the plant or the player ordered them to give away, or was a bat manufactured by a bat company the player doesn't use in games, etc.

Just some of my immediate thoughts.

brianborsch
11-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I would agree with Andrew. I just picked up a team issued Evan Longoria bat. While it was not a model he typically uses (its a C271L and Evan uses a I13) it is made by the company he uses (LVS), and it has his finish (smith with heavy flame treatment). It also has his #3 sticker under the knob and tons of rack marks but no ball marks or indentions or pine tar. It is not clean looking but it has no use, hence game issued.

On the other hand I have a totally unused 2008 WS bat of Evan that is his model of choice (I13) and everything else, but it shows no rack marks or anything. I do know that this was one of his original WS bats issued for him in 2008 as I have a photo of it hanging with the rest of his WS bat order in the LVS factory. Without that proof, I wouldn't be sure that it was issued for him.

Game model and game issued can be hard to determine sometimes.

5kRunner
11-14-2009, 04:06 PM
It seems everyone has a little different take on this issue.

I feel that game issued means it was produced to be used by the player. Game model to me means it was never meant to be used for the player. An example would be a promo bat or the ever famous Scoreboard jerseys. They look exactly like a game issued/used item, but that was never the intent.

gameused
11-14-2009, 04:25 PM
It seems everyone has a little different take on this issue.

I feel that game issued means it was produced to be used by the player. Game model to me means it was never meant to be used for the player. An example would be a promo bat or the ever famous Scoreboard jerseys. They look exactly like a game issued/used item, but that was never the intent.

I agree with you 5K.

Also, if a bat made it to the dugout and has pine tar and rack marks, but no ball or seam marks, I would call that a game ready bat.

brianborsch
11-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Alright, now that makes total sense. I agree with you all. Too many terms man! Good stuff though! ;)