PDA

View Full Version : Jax Angels Jersey

Rob L
11-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Interesting Reggie Jackson jersey on GFC. First time I have seen a early to mid-1980s Goodman tag with no size on it.

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=21640&searchby=3&searchvalue=angels&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1

beantown
11-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Did Goodman & Sons ever manufacturer actual game jerseys for the Angels in the early 1980's or where the Angels exclusive to Wilson?

sox83cubs84
11-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Did Goodman & Sons ever manufacturer actual game jerseys for the Angels in the early 1980's or where the Angels exclusive to Wilson?

When Reggie was with the Angels, Wilson made the home whites and Goodman produced the road greys.

Dave M.
Chicago area

beantown
11-15-2009, 01:22 AM
When Reggie was with the Angels, Wilson made the home whites and Goodman produced the road greys.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Dave,

Hello...thanks for the follow up...did the Goodman jerseys have year tags? Also, if I remember correctly some company produced many Goodman jerseys for the Angels in that era that looked exactly like gamers, but were not...where they home or road? how could you tell the difference?

Chris

sox83cubs84
11-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Dave,

Hello...thanks for the follow up...did the Goodman jerseys have year tags? Also, if I remember correctly some company produced many Goodman jerseys for the Angels in that era that looked exactly like gamers, but were not...where they home or road? how could you tell the difference?

Chris

With the Angels, Goodman only year tagged posteseason sets of unies. I've seen 2 1979s over the years (Rudi and Tanana), but have not seen a 1986 tagged jersey from them...don't know if no ALCS set was ordered, or if they exist and I've just never come across one.

Goodman themselves, according to a few GUF members, did allow pro-quality non-team issued jerseys out to certain connected people in the 1980s, with Angels greys being among them. If the Reggie jersey looks brand new/almost new, it MIGHT be one of those.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Rob L
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I just wonder if the jerseys that were for allegedly sold retail in the mid 1980s had the size tag included. It would be interesting to see some known retail Goodman jerseys from that time period.