PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones Gold Glove Winner

geoff
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Good for Him And The Orioles.Adam Jones is Fast becoming A Star in The Game if he is not One Yet.

Thanks Seattle Mariners for The Hook up And One Of The Best Trades The Orioles Ever Made.

Thanks
Geoff

joelsabi
11-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Good for Him And The Orioles.Adam Jones is Fast becoming A Star in The Game if he is not One Yet.

Thanks Seattle Mariners for The Hook up And One Of The Best Trades The Orioles Ever Made.

Thanks
Geoff

Thats quite an accomplishment, considering Torii Hunter and Ichiro pretty much reserve the other two outfield awards each year.

Note that Jeter got the Gold Glove for the first time since 2006.

ironmanfan
11-10-2009, 04:03 PM

Thanks
Geoff

Good for Adam & the Orioles but Markakis is a superior outfielder to AJ

allstarsplus
11-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Good for Adam & the Orioles but Markakis is a superior outfielder to AJ

Can we agree to disagree on this? I think Adam Jones is a better all around player.

centerfieldsports.com
11-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Ahh the trade just gets worse for the m's every year.
Congrats to AJ, a good friend of ours!

bigtime59
11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Can we agree to disagree on this? I think Adam Jones is a better all around player.

I'm going to disagree...for now!
Markakis is the better player now, but Adam Jones--if he can stay healthy--is going to be the face (and perhaps voice) of the Orioles franchise for many years to come.

allstarsplus
11-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm going to disagree...for now!
Markakis is the better player now, but Adam Jones--if he can stay healthy--is going to be the face (and perhaps voice) of the Orioles franchise for many years to come.

Look at defense as part of the total player as well as running Jones numbers out for 162 games this year.

Jones made everyone around him better in the batting order and he is a team leader.

Markakis is a good player and when you match up OBP + Slugging from 2009 to Adam Jones, their numbers are almost identical so I put the defense and intangibles on Adam Jones side of the ledger.

mariner_gamers
11-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I can only hope Jeff Clement and Wladimir Balentien go on to have same success in their new homes. The Mariners keep trading youth for crap and signing 32 year-old journeymen. With the exception of Branyan overpaying for washed-up talent has not served us well.

Congrats Adam, at least I got a nice signed gamer from your rookie year!

jv225
11-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Congrats to Adam. It's been a long time since an Oriole has won a GG and a ridiculously long time since an O's outfielder has won it.

allstarsplus
11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Congrats to Adam. It's been a long time since an Oriole has won a GG and a ridiculously long time since an O's outfielder has won it.

If the O's sign him long-term to a Markakis type contract, let's hope he has a Paul Blair type run in the outfield and matches Blair's total of 8 Gold Gloves for the Orioles!!!!!!!!!!

jv225
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
If the O's sign him long-term to a Markakis type contract, let's hope he has a Paul Blair type run in the outfield and matches Blair's total of 8 Gold Gloves for the Orioles!!!!!!!!!!

I don't there is any way they let him get away. I think he's going to have a nice long career as an O.