PDA

View Full Version : O/T: OchoCinco Tries To Bribe A Ref....

TriplexXxSports
11-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Is this guy for real.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Ochocinco-tries-to-bribe-official-on-repl?urn=nfl,200914

suave1477
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Its just a joke, no biggie. Even though it may have been poor taste. Its just a joke.

sox83cubs84
11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Its just a joke, no biggie. Even though it may have been poor taste. Its just a joke.

Agreed, but they don't call it the No Fun League for nothing. I expect Chad to have his wallet lightened by Roger Goodell.

Dave M.
Chicago area

TriplexXxSports
11-09-2009, 08:32 AM
I am all for jacking around at work, but I am not on TV. Kids don't watch me, and look up to me. There should be a degree of professionalism out there. Although it is all in good humor, and I personally think it is hilarious, it does not look good for him, the team, or the NFL. Keep that kind of stuff on the sideline, or in the locker room. I'm glad to see Roger go after him.

Neely8
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Well Goodell fined OchoCinco $20K for this incident. I think that is pretty excessive since it was pretty obvious he was just joking around. I think that is one of, if not the highest fine ever levied by the NFL.

sox83cubs84
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Well Goodell fined OchoCinco $20K for this incident. I think that is pretty excessive since it was pretty obvious he was just joking around. I think that is one of, if not the highest fine ever levied by the NFL.

After the Rush Limbaugh ownership decision, I pretty much divorced myself from the NFL...at least as far as buying collectibles, tickets, and other NFL profit-making ventures. Humorless idiocy like this excessive fine are just making me happier that I spend no money on the No Fun League anymore.
Screw the NFL...when does spring training start?

Dave M.
Chicago area

WadeInBmore
11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Well...what can I say. Atleast it isn't T.O. making all the controversial joking sports news. This whole thing reminds me of the TD that Owens scored, pulled out a Sharpie, signed the ball, then went over to the stands to hand deliver it to his agent/friend.

Both are humorous gestures, though can teach the wrong thing to younger fans I suppose. Both players got fined in each instant. I think that they both are/did enjoying their money AND are keeping it entertaining; because after all when you get down to it thats all the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL are...some leagues just seem to have the better story lines to tell. Heck for you UFC fans I would even argue that Broc Lesnars little flipping of the bird incident (amongst other things) incited an emotional outpouring in showmanship (strictly on an entertainment level) that only Broc can bring to the octagon.

Conclusively, I enjoy the freshness, creativity, and the shock value but I do not need it to happen every week. Lets hope Mr. Ochocinco takes a little break from his antics before they get stale (if they already aren't). Keep it fun.

wade

flaco1801
11-13-2009, 09:07 PM
wonder who gave him the dollar... im sure he didnt bring it onto the field...

TriplexXxSports
11-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Well...what can I say. Atleast it isn't T.O. making all the controversial joking sports news. This whole thing reminds me of the TD that Owens scored, pulled out a Sharpie, signed the ball, then went over to the stands to hand deliver it to his agent/friend.

Both are humorous gestures, though can teach the wrong thing to younger fans I suppose. Both players got fined in each instant. I think that they both are/did enjoying their money AND are keeping it entertaining; because after all when you get down to it thats all the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL are...some leagues just seem to have the better story lines to tell. Heck for you UFC fans I would even argue that Broc Lesnars little flipping of the bird incident (amongst other things) incited an emotional outpouring in showmanship (strictly on an entertainment level) that only Broc can bring to the octagon.

Conclusively, I enjoy the freshness, creativity, and the shock value but I do not need it to happen every week. Lets hope Mr. Ochocinco takes a little break from his antics before they get stale (if they already aren't). Keep it fun.

wade

Its funny that you mention the UFC. Ocho's latest batch of crap came on twitter today when he said that he would like to fight Anderson "Spyder" Silva for a charity event. Dana White had tweeted back saying to Chad that he need to fill the gap on the Jan. 2nd fight that Rampage backed out of. Maybe a fight with the man Silva will knock some sense into his dumb ass.

David
11-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I look at these situations as a self-centered attention-grabbing player does a practical joke, and the NFL does a joke back and fines him. I don't know about everyone else, but I fine the $20,000 fine pretty funny.

JasonBanz
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
I personally enjoy what OchoCinco does. He actually does budget out enough money for fines throughout the year. I enjoy watching the crazy things that he does, which is one reason he is one of my favorite players in the NFL. I'm ok with any player that tries to have fun. A few of my favorite incidents now including the bribery are, the hall of fame jacket, the cheerleader proposal, Joe Horn and the cell phone, and my all time favorite is T.O. and the spy gate camera in Miami a few years ago. I watch the NFL for a few reasons. The love of the game, my obsession with the Miami Dolphins, and entertainment!