PDA

View Full Version : Al Pacino Signed Baseball and Golf Ball

DoctorLoomis
11-08-2009, 06:27 AM
I am not a certified expert in the field of autograph authentication nor do I claim to be. What I do claim is that Al Pacino did NOT sign either of these two bogus signatures. I have seen a few.....around 5...LEGITIMATE Pacino pieces and his John Hancock looks nothing like these pitiful fakes. The golf ball is extremely awful...really bad. To top it off both of these items are "authenticated" by Mr. James Spence....whom we know from earlier articles can not be relied upon for solid opinions.

Also, just for good measure, legit Pacino sigs are TOUGH. He and DeNiro are extremely difficult to get to sign.

http://americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=52314&auccat=Celebrity%20Signed

DoctorLoomis
11-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Now that I think about it...the Pacino golf ball may very well be the absolute sorriest fake I have ever seen. It's really that awful.

godwulf
11-08-2009, 08:03 AM
All signed golf balls look awful. Got to be one of the worst autograph ideas ever.

otismalibu
11-08-2009, 08:57 AM
All signed golf balls look awful. Got to be one of the worst autograph ideas ever.

Agreed. Horrible.

That being said, I actually own one. When my grandfather passed away, I was given much of his golf gear. I saw what looked like a brand new sleeve of Black Knight golf balls. I was going to crack them open to use, then saw that one of the golf balls was signed by Gary Player.

encinorick
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
So which is the better caption:

"Say hello to my little friends.":mad:

or

"Make me an offer I can't refuse.":cool:

ironmanfan
11-08-2009, 10:38 AM
While I have no opinion whatsoever on these autographs, I thought I've read in a couple different places that Pacino is a reliable signer through the mail?

suicide_squeeze
11-08-2009, 03:45 PM
So which is the better caption:

"Say hello to my little friends.":mad:

or

"Make me an offer I can't refuse.":cool:

It's gotta be "Say hello....to my little friend!"

That is his all-time movie line.

STLHAMMER32
11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I am not a certified expert in the field of autograph authentication nor do I claim to be. What I do claim is that Al Pacino did NOT sign either of these two bogus signatures. I have seen a few.....around 5...LEGITIMATE Pacino pieces and his John Hancock looks nothing like these pitiful fakes. The golf ball is extremely awful...really bad. To top it off both of these items are "authenticated" by Mr. James Spence....whom we know from earlier articles can not be relied upon for solid opinions.

Also, just for good measure, legit Pacino sigs are TOUGH. He and DeNiro are extremely difficult to get to sign.

http://americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=52314&auccat=Celebrity%20Signed

I am going to offer a different oppinion, i believe both have been signed by al. His signature not only varies and is usually shortened in public. Both of these appear to be authentic. Golf Balls make signatures look terrible no matter who is signing them, its the dimples that distort them so bad.

STLHAMMER32
11-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I apologize for the grammer in my last post...my goodness I need an edit button. :p What I meant to say was Pacino varies in the way he signs and in person his signature is very short. These are consistent to the ones I have seen him sign in the past. That is my opinion.

David
11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Signed tennis balls usually look bad to, as they are fuzzy.

Baseballs almost seem designed to be autographed.

legaleagle92481
11-08-2009, 10:31 PM
These have got to be the two strangest items ever. Why would you have an actor sign a nonofficial baseball and a slightly used golfball? It is not like Al is known for a baseball or golf movie. An even better question is why would you forge these items? If I was going to forge a Pacino autograph I would do it on an item connected to the Godfather, Scarface or one of his other wellknown movies. My opinon the autographs are legit and to answer my own question the items were the only items the collector had in his possession at the time to get signed. And Deniro is nearly impossible in person but Al does sign in person alot. Through the mail he is known to sign also but for a celebrity of his stature I would assume that he may use a secretary or other ghost signer or an autopen.