PDA

View Full Version : Closing of Lincecum Thread

ChrisCavalier
11-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know we have just closed the Tim Lincecum thread. We will be reviewing the thread over the next few days to see if administrative action needs to be taken.

In the interim, I will address one comment that I noticed in that thread. Specifically, Chris Hakes made the comment that GUU "sold information" to another party. Let me say that this statement is unequivocally WRONG.

AS PER OUR PRIVACY POLICY, GUU HAS NEVER, NOR WILL EVER, SELL MEMBER INFORMATION TO ANOTHER PARTY.

Ironically, Mr. Hakes posts his email address on every post he makes. Please note that if you are going to publicly post your email address on this site there are people who are probably going to use your email address and you should think twice before wrongfully accusing someone of selling your information that you post publicly.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me at 925.552.8023.

earlywynnfan
11-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Feel free to check out the "Without Bias" thread, also. Threads like these are taking this site to a new low, and are driving many away.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

skyking26
11-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Feel free to check out the "Without Bias" thread, also. Threads like these are taking this site to a new low, and are driving many away.

Ken
I have one foot out the door now.

That Lincecum thread went on for PAGES without being locked. We are all forced to read 3, 4, 5 pages of nonsense; 3 guys carrying on a fight. Take it elsewhere.

Personally, one more personal attack or watching a thread go on and on and I will be following a few others and leave. It's not any fun anymore.

ironmanfan
11-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I have one foot out the door now.

That Lincecum thread went on for PAGES without being locked. We are all forced to read 3, 4, 5 pages of nonsense; 3 guys carrying on a fight.

Oh yeah, you were "forced."

I didn't even read it until it was locked....

earlywynnfan
11-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh yeah, you were "forced."

I didn't even read it until it was locked....

No, none of us was forced, you're right, that was a poor choice of words on his part. But let me ask you this, and I'm not wanting to argue or fight or anything, I'm wondering if perhaps I'm in the minority here:

Do you like reading pages of insults, hypocrisy, holier-than-thou attitude, or arrogance? Did you learn anything in that post? This kind of stuff is all over the web, and our lives in general. I have thought from the beginning that this site is here specifically to share knowledge and ask for opinions about memorabilia and autographs, not to belittle others and show off how hot our wives are.

But maybe I'm thinking wrong here. Maybe I'm the only one who believes that. It seems that some like to pound a few Red Bulls, headbutt the wall a few times, get all riled up, then log on and start the guns a'blazin. Heck, I love to argue sports with my buddies; maybe this is where this forum is supposed to be going: Talk Radio. I'm right, and anyone who disagrees is an F'in idiot.

If so, I apologize for being slow on the uptake. I will take my outdated beliefs and go home. Consider me SQUASHED!!

Ken

TriplexXxSports
11-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I think the mods need to have better presence on the forum. 5 pages of it is UNACCEPTABLE!

There are more than one guilty party involved in that tirade, but it is a shame that just a few bad attitudes can ruin an entire thread.

This place, at one time, was a fun an educational forum. A nice place to talk about the things that we enjoy inside of our respective hobbies.

Lately, it is becoming a bicker-fest and it is in no way constructive to the site, other members, or the hobby. I too agree that if it is not handled better, I will whole-heartedly(sp?) consider throwing in the white towel as well. It is getting too ridiculous!

The mods seem to be more and more absent as time goes on. Maybe to busy counting dollars from the auction. What is the point of having moderators if they are never around to moderate.

TO THE MODS:

In all honesty guys, besides Chris starting this thread, I have not seen a post by any of you in weeks. Well, of course the exception of answering questions regarding the Auction, but what is going on here? Why the absence in the threads - or moderating?

TriplexXxSports
11-08-2009, 10:51 AM
No, none of us was forced, you're right, that was a poor choice of words on his part. But let me ask you this, and I'm not wanting to argue or fight or anything, I'm wondering if perhaps I'm in the minority here:

Do you like reading pages of insults, hypocrisy, holier-than-thou attitude, or arrogance? Did you learn anything in that post? This kind of stuff is all over the web, and our lives in general. I have thought from the beginning that this site is here specifically to share knowledge and ask for opinions about memorabilia and autographs, not to belittle others and show off how hot our wives are.

But maybe I'm thinking wrong here. Maybe I'm the only one who believes that. It seems that some like to pound a few Red Bulls, headbutt the wall a few times, get all riled up, then log on and start the guns a'blazin. Heck, I love to argue sports with my buddies; maybe this is where this forum is supposed to be going: Talk Radio. I'm right, and anyone who disagrees is an F'in idiot.

If so, I apologize for being slow on the uptake. I will take my outdated beliefs and go home. Consider me SQUASHED!!

Ken

EXACTLY! Well said.

otismalibu
11-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm surprised no one has simply created another message board. It ain't rocket science. Just build it sans Classified section, so you don't have to deal with the scammers.

I used to post on an ESPN team message board, many years ago. Once the trolls got too bad, a couple of the posters built a new message board and everyone made the move.

I think Webs.com even gives the option to add a Forum to your site.

joelsabi
11-08-2009, 11:15 AM
In all honesty guys, besides Chris starting this thread, I have not seen a post by any of you in weeks. Well, of course the exception of answering questions regarding the Auction, but what is going on here? Why the absence in the threads - or moderating?

I think the moderators are doing a good job. almost daily, i have seen posts that are in the wrong area moved to the correct area. I see duplicate posts removed.

When such OT threads have over 1000 views in 1 day you cannot blame the admins. When actual educational posts have only 100 views, you begin to wonder.

Last week, what I have learned to do is add such posters that I consistantly read which have no relevance to me learning, in my ignore list. This magically hides are their post. When I actually see someone on my ignore post in a thread that is educational I may choose to remove them from my ignore list temporarily. Some of these posters do have worthwhile opinions in some areas.

It has allowed me to focus better as to why I visit the forum: to ask questions about the hobby and to help other get their question answered if its something i have knowledge of.

ironmanfan
11-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm surprised no one has simply created another message board. It ain't rocket science. Just build it sans Classified section, so you don't have to deal with the scammers.

We all saw how well "Jersey Daves" message board went when people cried about the classifieds...It was a joke that lasted about 3-4 months.

allstarsplus
11-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I think the moderators are doing a good job. almost daily, i have seen posts that are in the wrong area moved to the correct area. I see duplicate posts removed.

When such OT threads have over 1000 views in 1 day you cannot blame the admins. When actual educational posts have only 100 views, you begin to wonder.

Last week, what I have learned to do is add such posters that I consistantly read which have no relevance to me learning, in my ignore list. This magically hides are their post. When I actually see someone on my ignore post in a thread that is educational I may choose to remove them from my ignore list temporarily. Some of these posters do have worthwhile opinions in some areas.

It has allowed me to focus better as to why I visit the forum: to ask questions about the hobby and to help other get their question answered if its something i have knowledge of.

Don't you think it is time to start suspending some of the writers here that add nothing but problems?

Sometimes it is like a bunch of 1st graders but I see that my 6 year olds actually behave better so maybe they are more like kindergartners!

That should solve the issue quickly

ChrisCavalier
11-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Let me repeat. Administrative action will be taken regardng a few recent posts. It is unfortunate that these things even taken place among grown people.

I think the suggestion offered here to focus on the threads that are found to be beneficial to you is good advice. There is plenty of great information here that is helping enormous numbers of collectors. When unfortunate situations occur where people abuse the privilege of posting here it will be deal with.

frikativ54
11-08-2009, 12:01 PM
The problem with GUU is the lack of regulation. Vicious personal attacks go on for days, and nearly every post from one member has been a personal attack against me. I am sick of being taunted. Where are the mods?

We can disagree about the H&B liability verdict; this board should promote healthy debate. However, I get sick of being blamed for the "moral decline" of America because of my beliefs. I am not some ambassador of evil.

In the end, I don't want to post here anymore. After days of my intelligence being mocked and sarcastically being called "A Nobel Peace Prize winning writer", I am sick of it. Why should I have to justify my logical abilities?

I tried to engage another forum member. I thought that if he took the time to understand where I am coming from about "common sense" and "responsibility", that he might realize that we have a legitimate difference of opinion.

Unfortunately, I was wrong. I thought the Wikipedia link that I provided would prove useful to an intelligent discussion about both the Len Bias and Tim Lincecum issues. Unfortunately, it did not have the intended effect. I am sorry.

Time to move on to more productive things...Adios.

karamaxjoe
11-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I've often wondered why this forum doesn't have a section for "off topic" stuff. It's getting to the point where most of the chatter on the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion section has nothing to do with game used stuff.

All the stuff about the current World Series winner, political chatter, and whatever you feel like talking about could go there.:rolleyes:

ChrisCavalier
11-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Warren (BTPH),

Please call me at 925.552.8023. Thanks.

both-teams-played-hard
11-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Warren (BTPH),

Please call me at 925.552.8023. Thanks.

Chris
There is no need to call you. My post was intended to ruffle feathers and I apologize. It won't happen again. I realize it is hard work to regulate this message board.
I will ask forum members to keep posts on topic. No personal insults. No harassment. No threats of violence. No politics. No religion. No spam. No enflaming other members. Don't start a thread just for anger's sake.

Sincere apologies.

indyred
11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I've often wondered why this forum doesn't have a section for "off topic" stuff. It's getting to the point where most of the chatter on the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion section has nothing to do with game used stuff.

All the stuff about the current World Series winner, political chatter, and whatever you feel like talking about could go there.:rolleyes:

Yep. A lot of problems could be taken to a free for all section. Where if you want to bash someone or something take it there. Then people know what they are going to read and can par take in it there. So it won't clutter up good thread about a game used topic. It is great message board, just need to add a few more sub topic areas.

camarokids
11-08-2009, 01:08 PM
The problem with GUU is the lack of regulation. Vicious personal attacks go on for days, and nearly every post from one member has been a personal attack against me. I am sick of being taunted. Where are the mods?

We can disagree about the H&B liability verdict; this board should promote healthy debate. However, I get sick of being blamed for the "moral decline" of America because of my beliefs. I am not some ambassador of evil.

In the end, I don't want to post here anymore. After days of my intelligence being mocked and sarcastically being called "A Nobel Peace Prize winning writer", I am sick of it. Why should I have to justify my logical abilities?

I tried to engage another forum member. I thought that if he took the time to understand where I am coming from about "common sense" and "responsibility", that he might realize that we have a legitimate difference of opinion.

Unfortunately, I was wrong. I thought the Wikipedia link that I provided would prove useful to an intelligent discussion about both the Len Bias and Tim Lincecum issues. Unfortunately, it did not have the intended effect. I am sorry.

Time to move on to more productive things...Adios.

I for one was trying to come to your defense, after days of abuse and no action was being taken by the higher authorities. I get tired of seeing the bullying going on around here, especially towards a young lady.

ChrisCavalier
11-08-2009, 01:10 PM

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. Although this is a forum to discuss game used memorabilia, we do realize some people like to discuss other things as well. We will look into your suggestion. However, I think the problem would be that once you start getting into things like politics and the like people become very passionate and there will be a greater likelihood of things getting heated, etc.

In any event, thanks again for the suggestion and we will certainly consider it.

frikativ54
11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I for one was trying to come to your defense, after days of abuse and no action was being taken by the higher authorities. I get tired of seeing the bullying going on around here, especially towards a young lady.

Thank you.

kingjammy24
11-08-2009, 01:48 PM
moderation is a fine line between overly censoring people and maintaining a decent environment. so long as things don't degrade into personal insults, i think people ought to be able to have heated debates about hobby issues without being censored. it'd be unrealistic and undesireable to have a forum where any hobby-related debate that becomes tense gets immediately shut down.

that said, i don't think it's heated debates over tagging and fonts that's caused things to go downhill. as many in this thread have said, it's the pissing matches that have nothing to do with anything game used. i think the solution is simple; do what was done in the past. remove someone if the overwhelming majority of their posts are non-gameused-related pissing matches. everyone has gone O/T at one point or another but when O/T pissing matches constitute 70+% of a person's entire history then they're probably on the wrong forum.

rudy.

suicide_squeeze
11-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Wow. This is laughable.

First off, to Chris and the other mods, I want you to know, as we have had this discussion once before, I am sorry to have to add to the babysitting here. I apologize for adding to the need to have to close threads and regulate what goes on here. But, man, sometimes I just can't help myself. When "reality here becomes so absurb in it's content, I just have to make light of it.

And that's what it is.......jokes. But apparently some of you have a real problem looking in the mirror. My jokes are taken to a whole different level. In any case, I am sorry to have offended some of you. But mods, rest assured, outside of a few who have contacted me, this is a one-sided apology.

But to hear insincerity, like Warren ONCE AGAIN saying that he is sorry for posting something to "ruffle feathers".....I mean, when does it all end? That's all he ever does. And this is coming from a guy (ME) who has had a private conversation with him, and had cleared the air. I don't know what "comment" he posted, because apparently it was edited (deleted in it's entirety) before I was able to read it......but that's my point. There is a group of people here who just don't like me because I call it as I see it. And, if that means I want to argue with what I see as stupidity, or as my attackers will call it, a different point of view, then we SHOULD all be adult enough to carry on a "civil conversation". I was attacked out of the gate here on the GUU, going back to the thread on the Grey Flannel/AMI/home visit. It has never let up. So I'm supposed to sit here and just take this abuse.......wrong guy, folks. I won't have it.

I would have let it all end. But you guys didn't want to. It's too much fun, having known eachother for years here, to "pick on the new guy". I have been attacked here to no end for over a year. Now, being someone who never shy's from a competitive event, I'm bringing it back at you guys......and you're all crying like a bunch of little babies.

You "complain" to the mods about reading these horrible threads.......but you just can't stay away, CAN you? You just HAVE to throw in your silly little attacks.

Now, ironically, the very same bunch of you that have insulted frik for at LEAST as long as I've been here, now are in some cases siding up with her because of our conversations of late. OUTSTANDING!! Do as you will.

Others, just take any opportunity to add to the circus by throwing out subtle, or not so subtle, insults, but yet you come back and complain that the forum is turning into a circus??? Are you guys for real??

YOU know who you are too. Some of you have had the decency to email me a private message and air it out, and to those of you who have, we are cool. As I told you when they were received, I welcomed them and I'm glad you had the courage to take the initiative to end the childishness. But the rest of you.....it has gotten old. And I have tired of it for awhile. But you want to keep bringing it, so......here we are.

If the mods want me to take a break from posting, I will honor their wishes with no questions asked. I'll even accept it if they BAN me from posting. I come here for the same reasons everyone else does: Insight, and sharing knowledge about the game used hobby. It has taken a little detour of late, but can easily get back on tract.

My last comment is this, for those of you with the character enough to understand sincerity when you hear it. I have always been on YOUR side. I have experienced fraud and criminal behavior, activity in my own dealings, that have pissed me off to NO end in regards to some of the scum in this business. I wanted to expose as much of it as I could. Like I said, I still am holding back on a lot, for personal reasons. There are some here among you that fit into that category. It has hardened me, and has given me a short fuse at times, and I am aware of it, and I apologize for it. But I will never hold back from calling it as I see it. If we cave in and let these scumbags continue to do "business as usual", YOU will all be the losers in the end, because it's YOUR hobby. So with that, I say that if my opinions have upset some of you, to the point of throwing out personal attacks, then I am sorry I persuaded you into doing so. There are no hard feelings on my part. I hope you all feel the same. Good luck and prosperity in your collecting endeavours.

Steve

suicide_squeeze
11-08-2009, 02:15 PM

David, may I be so bold as to ask you your "opinion" publicly on the Louisville Slugger verdict?

Do you agree with the $850,000 judgement rendered for the Patch family that there was not proper warning on the bat that this outcome could occur?

I am asking for a very significan't reason. And I'll tell you what the reason is before you even answer. There is a difference between right and wrong in principle......and in differing views.

Just because people may be on the other side of the argument, doesn't make both sides "right". And as I have stated before, sometimes common sense just needs to overrule. But then, as Bill Clinton-esque as the "well......that all depends on what the meaning of 'is'.....is."......a certain member here started questioning who is the one determining what common sense is. That is when I just decided.....it's time to take a break from this. Some people, there just isn't any reasoning with.

And that is what some here don't understand. I'm leaving it at that.....I don't want to be attacked for being arrogant, the all-mighty, or what ever else comes my way. Common sense speaks for itself. If you feel the need to rail onto the other side, because I was being "relentless" for days as some of you put it, then have at it, David.

But I really hope you could just simply answer the question?

frikativ54
11-08-2009, 02:23 PM
My last comment is this, for those of you with the character enough to understand sincerity when you hear it. I have always been on YOUR side. I have experienced fraud and criminal behavior, activity in my own dealings, that have pissed me off to NO end in regards to some of the scum in this business. I wanted to expose as much of it as I could. Like I said, I still am holding back on a lot, for personal reasons. There are some here among you that fit into that category. It has hardened me, and has given me a short fuse at times, and I am aware of it, and I apologize for it. But I will never hold back from calling it as I see it. If we cave in and let these scumbags continue to do "business as usual", YOU will all be the losers in the end, because it's YOUR hobby.

As you know, I have been troubled by the same thing. It never ceases to amaze me how people try and rip others off. With all of the fakes and utter dishonesty in the hobby, it makes me bitter and quick to react. However, you have to remember, for all the forgers and counterfeiters out there, they do not represent all of us.

I try to always be fair in my business dealings on GUU, never lowballing anyone or trying to get something for nothing. I have exposed fraud when I saw it. And I have had to deal with the same issues of balancing my fear of ruining relationships, with the necessity to do my moral duties and expose fraud. In my opinion, the risk is worth it.

There are many good people on GUU. The majority of my transactions on here have been flawless, which I much appreciate. However, it's not fair to go from your frustration about the hobby, to attacking a nebulous "you guys" who are seen as the epitome of what's wrong with the world. I am a complex person, and am not some agent of evil values.

frikativ54
11-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Just because people may be on the other side of the argument, doesn't make both sides "right". And as I have stated before, sometimes common sense just needs to overrule. But then, as Bill Clinton-esque as the "well......that all depends on what the meaning of 'is'.....is."......a certain member here started questioning who is the one determining what common sense is. That is when I just decided.....it's time to take a break from this. Some people, there just isn't any reasoning with.

I have tried repeatedly to reason with you. However, you keep attacking me by saying that there "isn't any reasoning with [me]". Of course, you can talk rationally with me about this issue. In any notion of common sense, there is implicitly a privileging of one person's values over another. What is common sense is socially given and historically contingent. For me, your "common sense" is the product of your age, values, background, socioeconomic status, etc.

The same is the case with my notion of "common sense". It is based upon a number of social factors, such as my age, education, IQ, background, etc. However, by assuming your version of events to be a given, there is no reasoning with you. We have different views, that's all. I see your notion of responsibility as contingent upon a notion of agency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure_and_agency) that I argue that we don't have. Therefore, I reject your notion of responsibility in the Lincecum marijuana issue and the H&B case.

camarokids
11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
David, may I be so bold as to ask you your "opinion" publicly on the Louisville Slugger verdict?

Do you agree with the $850,000 judgement rendered for the Patch family that there was not proper warning on the bat that this outcome could occur?

I am asking for a very significan't reason. And I'll tell you what the reason is before you even answer. There is a difference between right and wrong in principle......and in differing views.

And that is what some here don't understand. I'm leaving it at that.....I don't want to be attacked for being arrogant, the all-mighty, or what ever else comes my way. Common sense speaks for itself. If you feel the need to rail onto the other side, because I was being "relentless" for days as some of you put it, then have at it, David.

But I really hope you could just simply answer the question?

Hi Steve,

I have nothing against you. You are a passionate collector which is good for the hobby.

Also I do not wish to gang up on anyone, I just was trying to stick up for a young lady who was in the minority.

Leslie doe have differing opinions quite often, but it is her right, here in America.....

The only issue I had was the bashing of Leslie cause she did not agree with almost all of us about the H&B verdict (I for one agree the verdict is wrong, how can the bat maker be liable?).

I don't want to rehash what said against her.

I wish for you and Nate to settle differences as well, he is a great guy, I had the pleasure of meeting him in KC for the Royals vs. Rays game this past season.

I wish for all of us to just get along, learn a lot and play nice.

As most of us know Cordova Collector has left us recently. In her honor we should all work hard to make this forum a better place to hang out and learn about a great hobby that Helen loved so much!!!

Feel free to email me anytime.

A lot of times great friends can be made by communicating and settling differences....

Mods,
I apologize for my comments towards your inaction.
Please accept!

suicide_squeeze
11-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I have tried repeatedly to reason with you. However, you keep attacking me by saying that there "isn't any reasoning with [me]". Of course, you can talk rationally with me about this issue. In any notion of common sense, there is implicitly a privileging of one person's values over another. What is common sense is socially given and historically contingent. For me, your "common sense" is the product of your age, values, background, socioeconomic status, etc.

The same is the case with my notion of "common sense". It is based upon a number of social factors, such as my age, education, IQ, background, etc. However, by assuming your version of events to be a given, there is no reasoning with you. We have different views, that's all. I see your notion of responsibility as contingent upon a notion of agency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structure_and_agency) that I argue that we don't have. Therefore, I reject your notion of responsibility in the Lincecum marijuana issue and the H&B case.

God help me......I don't know why I am doing this....

Frik.....listen. This is going to be my last posting on this.

All I can say to you in regards to "common sense" is this: No matter what factors you compare, and how different they are, there is one underlying COMMONALITY that determines the "sense" part of it....

Does the end result of applying the common sense harm the individual, circumsance, or entity it is being applied to? If you can answer NO to that question, then I would say that factor being utilized is of "common sense".

Tim Lincecum, although I really don't think any of us CARE what he does on his personal time, definately should NOT be SMOKING POT while SPEEDING behind the wheel of his Mercedes. Here's to hoping we can all agree on that common sense concept, frik!

And the Louisville Slugger verdict? It was unjust. There are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of baseball players, who use these bats, who have never died from their use. This was a very rare and obscure ACCIDENT. There doesn't always have to be BLAME when an accident occurs. But, in this SUE-HAPPY world we live in, these types of bad outcomes occur.

I cannot lie to you......it disgusts me that you are one of the people that see Louisville Slugger as "responsible" in any, way, shape, or form of this baseball player. Am I sorry he died......my GOD yes! It was absolutely horrible.

But is Louisville Slugger Corp. responsible in any way for his death????? NO.

They made the bat to proper approved specs in the industry, and the bat was found to NOT be defective in any way.

Common sense would tell me it was just a horrible accident. Now the family has "dirty money". I hope that makes them feel better.

But I hope more than anything, that L.S. decides to appeal it, as it was an emotionally charged verdict by the local folks who couldn't see the truth behind an unfortunate accident.

I'm done. This will be my last comments to you on both of these matters.

both-teams-played-hard
11-08-2009, 03:14 PM
But to hear insincerity, like Warren ONCE AGAIN saying that he is sorry for posting something to "ruffle feathers".....I mean, when does it all end? That's all he ever does. And this is coming from a guy (ME) who has had a private conversation with him, and had cleared the air.

I have never had a personal conversation or shared a personal e-mail with this person.

suicide_squeeze
11-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi Steve,

I have nothing against you. You are a passionate collector which is good for the hobby.

Also I do not wish to gang up on anyone, I just was trying to stick up for a young lady who was in the minority.

Leslie doe have differing opinions quite often, but it is her right, here in America.....

The only issue I had was the bashing of Leslie cause she did not agree with almost all of us about the H&B verdict (I for one agree the verdict is wrong, how can the bat maker be liable?).

I don't want to rehash what said against her.

I wish for you and Nate to settle differences as well, he is a great guy, I had the pleasure of meeting him in KC for the Royals vs. Rays game this past season.

I wish for all of us to just get along, learn a lot and play nice.

As most of us know Cordova Collector has left us recently. In her honor we should all work hard to make this forum a better place to hang out and learn about a great hobby that Helen loved so much!!!

Feel free to email me anytime.

A lot of times great friends can be made by communicating and settling differences....

Mods,
I apologize for my comments towards your inaction.
Please accept!

David, I will contact you, and thanks for the kind words.

In regards to Nate, I'm sure he is a great guy too. That's why I simply am astounded by the comments that come flying my way. I mean, I am accused of attacking people, yet why don't all of you check out post #2.....the very second post of the "Tim Lincecum" thread. Nate came right at me (referring to my Len Bias comment, which he butchered in his explanation of what he thought I was "essentially" saying). Excuse me for saying what I always say, but man, I never back down from an argument. I don't start them, but I do get passionate one the first "punch" is thrown. Maybe a few of you have picked up on that? :rolleyes:

Since he has now (apparently) chosen to block my posts, he probably won't be able to read this. But maybe you could pass along that I hold no hard feelings against anyone here.

I think we have all caused enough trouble for the mods here, and at a time when they should be enjoying their very first major auction. We all have a bit to be ashamed about in those regards. Here's to a healthier, happier forum going forward, in honor of Helen....a very honorable and decent suggestion by you, David.

I will gladly abide by your wishes. No more mean-spirited arguments from me.

suicide_squeeze
11-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I have never had a personal conversation or shared a personal e-mail with this person.

I stand corrected....it was another member.

I was incorrectly referencing your "Romo/Portis"...etc thread comment where you stated to me "I truly wish you would lose your freedom of speech."

I then made an apology to you for making a political reference, because you had just stated they have no place in the forum, and you publicy went on to say you were sorry because you were having a tough time of late. I hope things are better for you since then.

And, I hope you stated it because you meant it, and not for feeling badly about making a mean comment.

My bad. I just hope you sincerely lighten up on the personal attacks as well like the rest of us. It is old.

But keep coming with those funny pictures!!!

both-teams-played-hard
11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I stand corrected....it was another member.

Cool. For the record: I do not make apologies, if they are not sincere.

Let this be a new day for the forum. Most of us enjoy this forum, because we enjoy collecting. I wish all those that choose to never participate again, would rethink their decision.

Let us make this forum a nice place in Helen's memory...

Dewey2007
11-09-2009, 11:58 AM

Let this be a new day for the forum. Most of us enjoy this forum, because we enjoy collecting. I wish all those that choose to never participate again, would rethink their decision.

Warren, I couldn't agree more. Hopefully "Restraint of Pen & Tongue" can be one of the guiding principles in this new era of forum member interactions.

Happy Monday and Happy Collecting to everyone...:)

mwbosoxfan
11-09-2009, 02:34 PM

Speaking of Helen... I was listening to MLB radio this morning, and the hosts got to talking about the Top 10 most bizarre injuries that caused a player to miss a game. Marty Cordova was #8 or #9 with falling asleep in a tanning bed. Apparently he had to miss a couple of games because he was burned so bad. It was pretty comical listening to their commentary, which made me laugh. Then it made me think of Helen.... which made me smile. Sorry to get off topic, but I'm sure there are lots who think of Helen anytime the name Marty Cordova comes up.