PDA

View Full Version : JJ Hardy to the Twins!!!

WadeInBmore
11-07-2009, 11:38 AM
WOW. Heard this last night on the sports talk radio here in Baltimore. I wonder if this is a tactic by the Brew Crew to reduce payroll so that they can afford Prince (I think his contract is up at the end of this coming year). Damn shame IMO. I really liked JJ on the Brewers and thought that he made up a nice nucleous of young homegrown players that came up all together (kinda like what the Orioles are trying to do). But, like everything else...they probably figured that they arent winning with him so...off he goes. I'm glad to see him going to another contender in the way of the Twins though. At least he didn't get traded to the Pirated LMAO!!!!

wade

harpt
11-07-2009, 11:44 AM
The Brewers best prospect is a shortstop (Escobar). Hardy was expendable to make room for him.

WadeInBmore
11-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Cool...its tha Alcides Escobar guy? A couple of guys on this forum are big on him, no? That explains it though. Good looking out.

wade

sox83cubs84
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
The women in Milwaukee are in mourning. Hardy was a favorite with the beefcake-watching crowd. One young woman who used to work with us at MEARS wasn't a big Brewers booster, but, oh my, she was a BIG Hardy fan!

Dave M.
Chicago area

MLB_Authentic
11-07-2009, 01:56 PM
And on a positive note for the Twins, they got rid of "I can't run the bases" Go Go Gomez. Have fun with him Brewers fans.

Manram
11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
And on a positive note for the Twins, they got rid of "I can't run the bases" Go Go Gomez. Have fun with him Brewers fans.

Gomez is gonna be a great player. I don't know what you mean by have fun with him Brewers fans. He is going to be the starting center fielder and leadoff hitter. You'll see what the kid can do

staindsox
11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Being in Minnesota and seeing Gomez play two full years, I just have to say that he is plumb dumb. He has the tools, but continues to make the same stupid mistakes little leaguers do day in and day out. Plus, he isn't nearly as good of a fielder as what people say. He gets a terrible read off the ball and takes a terrible line to the ball. You don't see it as well on TV because by the time they cut to the fielder chasing the ball, you have missed his initial reaction. He always breaks a few steps in the wrong direction. A lot of those fantastic diving catches he almost makes are balls good fielders makes look routine. And his hitting reminds me of Willie Mays Hayes, swinging at a first pitch up in his eyes and popping up. Maybe he will develop in Milwaukee, but it is tough teaching a guy with no baseball sense. I love the trade...even if Hardy doesn't produce. I think it is addition by subtraction.

harpt
11-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh man, I hope you guys are wrong about Gomez...that scared the crap out of me.

Being a National League fan, I have not seen Gomez play much, but I know he's a 24 year old kid. I think he will really benefit from getting a chance to play every day...something he has not done to this point (or so I have read). Probably just wishful thinking on my part. The Brew Crew could use some good luck.

LastingsMilledge85
11-08-2009, 12:59 AM
When the Mets had Chavez/Beltran/Gomez in the outfield it was their best in recent years IMO. Speed, speed, and more speed plus decent to great gloves.